Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl release: 26th of june

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Codexers, rejoice! Pre-orders of BLOOD BOWL have started !

The game will be released on the 26th! People who have pre-ordered will be able to download it a few days in advance.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com

So why is this game awesome, you ask me?

- 100% adherence to the table-top rules. Top notch strategic, turn-based gameplay.

- ... see above.

Yes. HUZZAH

Multi-headed Cow

asper said:
- 100% adherence to the table-top rules. Top notch strategic, turn-based gameplay.
This sounds like the old shit.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
This sounds like the old shit.

Yeah, Chaos League 2.0.

I'm hoping it's more than that, but I get a feeling it's difficult to add much more to it. More than likely they will simplify it.

But I guess the same game with updated graphics and hopefully better AI isn't such a bad thing. The first one was great fun, for a short while.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Yeah, 40 quid's a bit much. I will pay it, if really necessary, but only once I'm pretty sure I'm not being fleeced for pre-ordering.

Shuma

Scholar
They have reps from the Blood Bowl Rules Committee helping with the game to ensure its adherence to the latest LRB ruleset. I have very high hopes that this will be the closest thing you can get to playing the tabletop game itself. But I guess we'll find out for sure in a few days!

Anyone for a Codexer league?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Dire Roach said:
Elwro said:
I meet the minimal requirements, but 50 Euro ffs?
$49.99 is the price I'm seeing. Another company jumping on the $1 == €1 bandwagon?

Unfortunately, yes.

I guess I'll wait until I see some reviews as well.

Im waiting for the DS or 360 version. Unless they make a Mac version.

My Dwarf team will live again, since I am too lazy and have too many other tabletop games to play the boardgame version.

Durwyn

Prophet
Hell Yeah ! I'm sooooooo waiting for it.

Next step: Proper Warhammer cRPG.

Puhh-leeeeeaaasee!

ushdugery

Scholar
I'll wait for the australian release hopefully I'll be able to pick it up for $110.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on this. Though I've never played the table top game, just knowing that they are adhering to the table top rules is a major plus.

psycojester

Arbiter
I think i'll just stick with Fumbbl myself, the beta for this thing was clunky as fuck and the interface was worse than the java clients.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
psycojester said:
I think i'll just stick with Fumbbl myself, the beta for this thing was clunky as fuck and the interface was worse than the java clients.

You played the beta?

Shuma

Scholar
psycojester said:

Damn, that's the second person I've heard with the same feedback. Same guys that did Chaos-League, so I hope the interface is no worse than that. And if it is still bad, maybe they can fix things down the road.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good thing the pirates have our back and will break securom

I am all for Serial keys, free content with legit version and junk like that, but when the pirates get a better product then then us legit buyers you know things are fucked up.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
i played board based blood bowl for about 9 months which was 2 seasons for the shop i was frequenting.

you had to play 2 games a week, and they had a standard league, and an amature league.

after frequenting the shop for a while, they let me join both leagues at the same time, did 1 with the rats, and 1 with dorfs.

dorfs in the amature and the rats in the standard.

dorfs died horribly by 4th round, rats made it to 10 games before i was wiped out.

did better in the "experienced" league than the amature :(

it was fun, but some of the guys in the standard league were fucking serious about that shit, and some of their teams by the end were fucking awesome.

1 guy had undead, half to 3/4 of his team could self-rez...

guy who won was the rats

they had an awesome setup though.

$25 for the amateur league, $100 for the normal league, fewest rounds they guarenteed was like 20 so you at least got to play 10 weeks unless your team was wiped out.

fun times!

obediah

Erudite
TheWesDude said:
i played board based blood bowl for about 9 months which was 2 seasons for the shop i was frequenting.

you had to play 2 games a week, and they had a standard league, and an amature league.

after frequenting the shop for a while, they let me join both leagues at the same time, did 1 with the rats, and 1 with dorfs.

I found a rare team photo:

dorfteam.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom