Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire is 99 cents on GOG

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Considering that you're going to hear HIDDIDLY DIDDY DOE about 99,000 times during your playthrough of Grimoire, that means each one of those is only going to cost you about .00001 cents each!
Never gets old. I put it on bass speakers max volume each night in a loop to lull me to sleep.

catfood

AGAIN
HUkfIhG.jpg

Life is good
Use this to play Populous The Beginning.

Jason

chasing a bee
Is there any baby meat eating in this game? Or a "Mud People rape White Woman" minigame/QTE? If so, it should be worth way more than 99 cents, maybe even $1.23.

Incendax

Augur
I really loved Grimoire, I just wish there was a mod to make the XP chart on Single Classing more appealing. Every time I feel like playing again, I stop because I don't want to do the same 6+ multiclass racetrack every time.

Mortmal

Arcane
I know it's optimsitic , all time classic like the ultimas have something like 2H average time played on GOG.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I really loved Grimoire, I just wish there was a mod to make the XP chart on Single Classing more appealing. Every time I feel like playing again, I stop because I don't want to do the same 6+ multiclass racetrack every time.

agreed

Faster progression is needed imo

also im sad Cleve gave up on age and hunger mechanics

oh well, maybe in v4

somerandomdude

Learned

The exp is split between the party, so less members = more exp gains = faster growth. It's perfectly possible to beat the game with less than a full group, and it honestly might not even be that much harder past the first area of the game. Next run I do of the game, I'm gonna try a 3 man party.

I kicked party members to power up specific characters. Like mages for example had really low HP, but there were some grind spots where you could easily solo grind and bank a ton of exp quickly, and move them into cleric => paladin => warrior after multi-classing through the other caster classes, it's good for taking the lowest HP members and getting them on about equal footing with the front row, so they don't get picked off by ranged, and it didn't take very much time to do this. I don't recall there being any spells from any of the caster classes past level 8 that were actually worth it. Level 6-8 seemed like the optimal range to multiclass, IMO, and that could be gotten quickly.

I don't know if it changed or not, last I played was V2, but Berserk used to not work on any class but Berserker, even if you had the skill carried over. So the otherwise obvious end classes for melee like Pirate/Assassin were actually suboptimal, Berserker was the best.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

agreed

Faster progression is needed imo

also im sad Cleve gave up on age and hunger mechanics

oh well, maybe in v4
Might be time to nerf the experience point progression table for V4.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Please say.

He just did, your usual average quality bait would be put to better use on Larian and Owlrat fanboys.

You showing your face here is like a blind one-legged five years old mouthbreather walking through a highway in front of a dozen trucks launched at full speed.

Last edited:
My game will never go on sale!!!
600 hours of gameplay
lying prick.
Something I said wounded you so badly you never recovered from it. Don't make me say something else.
Do it! Say something! Come on you protruding brow having wannabe caveman. Your game is mediocre, at best! You have a similar ratio of useful output:shit as derek smart.

This sort of thing is the only joy I will ever get from your terrible clone of wizardry 7.

Incendax

Augur
The exp is split between the party, so less members = more exp gains = faster growth. It's perfectly possible to beat the game with less than a full group, and it honestly might not even be that much harder past the first area of the game. Next run I do of the game, I'm gonna try a 3 man party.
Even in a 4 man party grinding on guards in the barracks, the growth is glacial compared to multiclassing frequently. To be clear, I have no problem with the multiclassing system because it sets out to emulate Wizardry 7 and does a fucking excellent job at it. I just want to run some single class parties and have okay-ish time. :P

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Total sales of Grimoire are about 40,000+ legal copies. I am sure there are ten times that number of illegal copies.

Grimoire has no appeal to the kinds of soulless mouth breathing quasi autistic NPCs who would pirate it so it is self-policing in that it is inaccessible to them at the spiritual level. The game can only be really enjoyed by people with souls. The hopelessly damned cannot fathom it.

somerandomdude

Learned
Total sales of Grimoire are about 40,000+ legal copies. I am sure there are ten times that number of illegal copies.

Grimoire has no appeal to the kinds of soulless mouth breathing quasi autistic NPCs who would pirate it so it is self-policing in that it is inaccessible to them at the spiritual level. The game can only be really enjoyed by people with souls. The hopelessly damned cannot fathom it.
40k+ copies sold isn't bad for an indie title you made in your spare time. I think the Japanese would buy this game if you translated it for them. Especially if you put it on the Nintendo Switch.

Results like this tells me there's a market for indie dungeon crawlers in Japan:

https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20220720-14147/

Regarding sales, Leonard said, “The recent sales have far exceeded the number of units sold at launch.” There has been a total of 6,000 copies sold, with the United States accounting for 39% of sales followed by Japan with 35%. “By the time your readers see this article, Japan will be #1 in units sold for Nevergrind Online. Within the last week, 87% of units sold have been in Japan,” he added.

We asked Leonard whether he considered the game a financial success after selling 6,000 copies. He told us that the game only cost $15,000 to develop, a number that was easily surpassed by the sales of the game within the first few weeks after launch. He continued, saying, “I developed this game in my spare time as a hobby, but that may have to change due to its success. Working on it full-time would be like a dream! Everything Nevergrind Online has achieved should not be possible on paper. Especially when you consider that the western media is not interested in covering this game.”

As mentioned above, the sales and player numbers of Nevergrind Online are still very small when you compare it to big name titles across the world. However, what’s interesting is the phenomenon of the game itself: it didn’t draw much attention after first launching in early access, yet it flourished after adding Japanese support, to the point where it even shocked its developer. This success is a prime example that shows the power of word of mouth exists in the Japanese Steam community.

On July 19, popular Japanese YouTuber group 2BRO., who boast over 3 million subscribers, streamed themselves playing Nevergrind Online. This may provide a spark that can take the game’s success to even greater heights.

One popular Japanese gamer on Youtube/Twitch gets your game, and it could explode.

Last edited:

Comte_II

Grimoire is on sale again on GOG for .99 cents!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom