Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - sequel to Fallen Order

jimster

Educated
It sounds like the title of one of those expanded universe novels like Jedi Search, which sounded really weak to me.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IT SEEMS LIKE THE FIRST GAME WAS OK I PLAYED FOR A BIT

MY OPONON IS THAT THEY FUCKED UP THE FIRST REAL LEVEL

I CAME TO KILL FUCKING STORM TROOPERS ANND THEY HAD MEKILLING BUGS AND SHIT

SAVE THE BUG FILLING TRASH FOR LATER

ITS LIKE IF DARK SOULS GAMES STARTED IN A POISON SWAMP

somerandomdude

Learned
Get rid of the puzzles, and focus on the combat and exploration, and I might be interested in the 2nd one.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I CAME TO KILL FUCKING STORM TROOPERS ANND THEY HAD MEKILLING BUGS AND SHIT

Yeah. What was the deal with that. It was like RPG 101. Giant spiders, rats, bats, frogs and bugs. They need to cut back on that garbage.

I didn't like any of the characters in the 1st game. Except Merrin, she's hot.
Pretty sure for Merrin the devs just took a 25yo Marilyn Manson, added 40 lbs, and then modeled that in game, but hey, you do you man.

Characters were indeed a low-point in the first game though. The not-R2D2 was fine I guess.

It sounds like the title of one of those expanded universe novels like Jedi Search, which sounded really weak to me.
Jedi Search is actually probably the best EU book not written by Timothy Zahn (not that this is a particularly high-bar). The sequels are hot fucking garbage though.

vibehunter

Learned
I didn't like any of the characters in the 1st game. Except Merrin, she's hot.
Pretty sure for Merrin the devs just took a 25yo Marilyn Manson, added 40 lbs, and then modeled that in game, but hey, you do you man.

Characters were indeed a low-point in the first game though. The not-R2D2 was fine I guess.
Been a while since I played it. Maybe I was thinking of the fanart...

merrin-star-wars-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-video-games-video-game-girls-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Ivan

Arcane
Fallen Order was pretty mediocre across all gameplay departments. Hopefully they've the resources to make them sharper this time out. I found it passable/mostly forgettable (obviously pretty though). Zero motivation to backtrack for collectibles though (who the fuck thought that would be a good idea here)

First one was a well put together popcorn game. They just need to replace the stick figure underbite ginger with Kyle Katarn/Obi-Wan and ditch the mini ponchos.

Xelocix

Learned
I hope the Jedi who looks like Griffith floating in the kolto tank is interesting. The bug-eyed nigger from the last game was a horrible jedi companion for Cal, I hope she dies ASAP in the next game. It'd be cool having some Clone Wars or Old Republic era jedi waking up and taking her place, kind of like another Galen Marek/Rahm Kota duo.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I heard a story that EA didn't want to make the first game because they thought nobody was going to buy a Dark Souls clone and were shocked the game was successful.

If the story is true, and since we know the empty headed suites that run those companies never learn anything and are too egotistic to ever change their opinion under any circumstance i eagerly await to discover how much they are going to fuck up the formula of the first game to make the popamole non-game they had in mind the first time around.

Codex Year of the Donut
I heard a story that EA didn't want to make the first game because they thought nobody was going to buy a Dark Souls clone and were shocked the game was successful.

If the story is true, and since we know the empty headed suites that run those companies never learn anything and are too egotistic to ever change their opinion under any circumstance i eagerly await to discover how much they are going to fuck up the formula of the first game to make the popamole non-game they had in mind the first time around.
game was successful because it has star wars on it, nothing to do with it being a meh dork souls game

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Release date and System Requirements were also briefly released on the Steam Page and then pulled again:
https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-to-release-on-march-16th-2023-rumor/

TL;DR

Release: March 16th, 2023

Minimum

• Processor: 4 core / 8 threads | Intel Core i7-7700 | Ryzen 5 1400
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 8GB VRAM | GTX 1070 | Radeon RX 580
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 130 GB available space

Recommended

• Processor: 4 core / 8 threads | Intel Core i5 11600K | Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 8GB VRAM | RTX2070 | RX 6700 XT

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Release date and System Requirements were also briefly released on the Steam Page and then pulled again:
https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-to-release-on-march-16th-2023-rumor/

TL;DR

Release: March 16th, 2023

Minimum

• Processor: 4 core / 8 threads | Intel Core i7-7700 | Ryzen 5 1400
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 8GB VRAM | GTX 1070 | Radeon RX 580

Recommended

• Processor: 4 core / 8 threads | Intel Core i5 11600K | Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 8GB VRAM | RTX2070 | RX 6700 XT

Finally games are starting to have minimum requirements higher than the ancient PC I upgraded from two years ago

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
People in this thread seem to be confused about the difference between Dark Souls and a Metroidvania.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom