Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age Goes on Tour.

Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

If you want to see Dragon Age in action yourself this summer...you might have a chance. Bioware is sending it on tour to a bunch of gaming events and conventions. Cue dark, gritty, epic, mature press release.<blockquote>Upcoming Blockbuster Welcomes Fans Into a World of Violence, Lust and Betrayal at San Diego Comic-Con, GamesCom, Gen Con, Fan Expo Canada and PAX
<br>
<br>
EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA – June 12, 2009 – Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), will bring Dragon Age™: Origins to the San Diego Comic-Con, GamesCom, Gen Con, Fan Expo Canada and Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) over the course of summer 2009. This summer consumer show tour gives fans the chance to experience the game’s dark and gritty world of violence, lust and betrayal first-hand, before it hits stores this fall on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Dragon Age: Origins promises gamers an epic adventure as a Grey Warden where they set on a course to defeat the Archdemon in a dark, stunning world. Dragon Age: Origins offers an engrossing story, unprecedented player choice, and bone-crushing, visceral combat, making it one of the most highly-anticipated releases of 2009.
<br>
<br>
“Dragon Age: Origins is the biggest, most ambitious BioWare game to date, and we will be delivering that great experience simultaneously on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, CEO and co-founder of BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, Electronic Arts. “Whether you’re a PC or console gamer, Dragon Age: Origins reinvents the fantasy experience, combining a great story with raw emotion and brutal action. We’re excited to share it with gamers before it ships this fall.”
<br>
<br>
Gamers can begin to follow the trail of blood this summer and can get their own hands on Dragon Age: Origins at the summer’s five biggest public game and entertainment events:
<br>
<br>
* San Diego Comic-Con, one of the world’s largest comic book, science fiction and fantasy conventions of its kind, on July 22-26 in San Diego, California.
<br>
<br>
* Gen-Con, one of the longest running and best attended gaming conventions in the world on August 13-16 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
<br>
<br>
* GamesCom, Europe’s biggest game convention on August 19-23 in Cologne, Germany.
<br>
<br>
* Fan Expo Canada, one of the country’s largest comic, anime, science fiction, horror and gaming events on August 28-30 in Toronto, Canada.
<br>
<br>
* PAX, a three-day game festival for tabletop and video gamers on September 4-6 in Seattle, Washington.
<br>
<br>
In Dragon Age: Origins, players take on the role of a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of guardians. Now, as an evil blight threatens to destroy all life, it is up to players to unite the shattered lands and slay the corrupted dragon known as the Archdemon. To restore peace, players must make ruthless decisions and be willing to sacrifice their friends and loved ones for the greater good of mankind.</blockquote>Anyone up for some Codex ninja action?
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Krokar

Scholar
Edward_R_Murrow said:
...the game’s dark and gritty world of violence, lust and betrayal...

...an epic adventure...

... in a dark, stunning world...

...an engrossing story, unprecedented player choice, and bone-crushing, visceral combat...

... reinvents the fantasy experience, combining a great story with raw emotion and brutal action...

hurr

racofer

Thread Incliner
motivator98a5fb95f93c23.jpg

Rosh

Erudite
Krokar said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
...the game’s dark and gritty world of violence, lust and betrayal...

...an epic adventure...

... in a dark, stunning world...

...an engrossing story, unprecedented player choice, and bone-crushing, visceral combat...

... reinvents the fantasy experience, combining a great story with raw emotion and brutal action...

hurr

Yeah, after a while all the marketing babble sounds the same no matter which game it is for. I guess it's so the marketing departments don't have to do much work, but instead reprint nearly the same thing as before and hope nobody realizes it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Welcomes Fans Into a World of Violence, Lust and Betrayal at San Diego

experience the game’s dark and gritty world of violence, lust and betrayal first-hand

Kinky. I hadn't realized this was the new tagline for DA.

I didn't even think you could use Lust to promote your game outside of Japan.

Pliskin

Arbiter
SerratedBiz said:
Welcomes Fans Into a World of Violence, Lust and Betrayal at San Diego

experience the game’s dark and gritty world of violence, lust and betrayal first-hand

Kinky. I hadn't realized this was the new tagline for DA.

I didn't even think you could use Lust to promote your game outside of Japan.

Don't forget the Violence and Betrayal.

Especially the Betrayal.

On the eve of destruction, in a forgotten page of
I also believe that Dragon Age will draw many exciting role playing elements from Betrayal at Krondor.

Barrow_Bug said:
Dark_Paladin_Anti_Hero said:

Preordered tho, amirite? :wink:

I have never understood the reasoning behind game pre-orders. It's not like they limit the amount of plastic discs they produce. You can find a popular game at any electronics retailer on its release date with dozens of copies to spare.

ushdugery

Scholar
I have never understood the reasoning behind game pre-orders. It's not like they limit the amount of plastic discs they produce. You can find a popular game at any electronics retailer on its release date with dozens of copies to spare.

Yeah it's pretty fucking ridiculous go down to eb games on release date they ask me; "Have you got a pre-order?" I say; "Nuh uh." go down to kmart or wherever grab game from shelf pay for game at counter then leave and go home to play it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yeah it's pretty fucking ridiculous go down to eb games on release date they ask me;"

Fuck that shit. EB phones me to tell me my preorder (the handful of times I've preordered) is ready for pick up. No fuckin' way I'm wasting the 5 minutes to walk there just be told it's not in. Fuck that shit.

Rosh

Erudite
Volourn said:
Fuck that shit. EB phones me to tell me my preorder (the handful of times I've preordered) is ready for pick up. No fuckin' way I'm wasting the 5 minutes to walk there just be told it's not in. Fuck that shit.

Then there's the few retarded EBs that will phone you, only to tell you that they are out of stock when you get there. After a lengthy conversation with the manager and two employees, I basically gave them a Rosh reply: "It's a good thing I paid by credit card and that register thinks for you. Given how you can't compare numbers on a computer screen and count, I couldn't trust you chimps to do basic math with cash. (Then I turn to the manager.) Which is probably why you have this job in your 40s."

Rhalle

Magister
Clockwork Knight said:
Pliskin said:
Don't forget the Violence and Betrayal.

Especially the Betrayal.

9243-61628-kroncoverjpg-noscale.jpg

:smug:

Now that's a real game title with some real fantasy box art.

Today it would be Krondor: The Betrayal or Dark Betrayal: War at Krondor or Chronicles of Krondor, Episode I: The Betrayal-- or some tarded marketingspeech bullshit like that, if they even included the word Betrayal (which might be too brainy).

kris

Arcane
ushdugery said:

Yeah it's pretty fucking ridiculous go down to eb games on release date they ask me; "Have you got a pre-order?" I say; "Nuh uh." go down to kmart or wherever grab game from shelf pay for game at counter then leave and go home to play it.

don't you have postal service in your country? If I for once preorder something then I make sure it is sent to work so I can also leave early to go home and play. Or tell them I am going to be sick next day.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I pre-ordered a game once... Spore. Yeah, the Codex is disappointed in me... but not nearly as disappointed as I am in myself.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Talby said:
I pre-ordered a game once... Spore. Yeah, the Codex is disappointed in me... but not nearly as disappointed as I am in myself.
Then commit seppuku, I shall be your second, or whatever you call that guy with the sword.
seppuku.jpg

racofer

Thread Incliner
Talby said:

I wonder how much worse it is now than before?

Rosh

Erudite
Mighty Mouse said:
Then commit seppuku, I shall be your second, or whatever you call that guy with the sword.

That would be the kaishakunin. Person who performs the kaishaku.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Is it just me, or is Rosh more dark, mature and gritty than ever before?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom