Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
For a short while, the watched thread list was changed to function like the older version of the site. This is no longer the case. What happened?
It malfunctions for people who watch forums themselves, not just individual threads. You can still click the dropdown of 'Watched' and go to 'Unread watched threads' to access it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a short while, the watched thread list was changed to function like the older version of the site. This is no longer the case. What happened?
It malfunctions for people who watch forums themselves, not just individual threads. You can still click the dropdown of 'Watched' and go to 'Unread watched threads' to access it.
Yes, I saw that and it functions like I want it to.

Modron

Arcane
Works fine for me and I watch the giftstravaganza forum granted that's not a high traffic subforum.

Semiurge

Cipher
The 'post reply' button hovers over the 'insert media' buttons on mobile, but it's possible to use enter to insert things. It should be the other way around though.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The 'post reply' button hovers over the 'insert media' buttons on mobile, but it's possible to use enter to insert things. It should be the other way around though.
Post reply button should be in front of everything, even the floating navigation arrows.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
is "jump to new" not working for others? it generally works, but there's been a couple threads where I clicked "Jump to New" and it brings me to several pages before my actual last unread.

Semiurge

Cipher
Post reply button should be in front of everything, even the floating navigation arrows.

Well I'm not talking about the nav buttons, the 'post reply' button renders 'insert media' completely useless on mobile because you can't click it. It should be topmost.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The watched threads filter is now installed, thanks to Taluntain.

Well I'm not talking about the nav buttons, the 'post reply' button renders 'insert media' completely useless on mobile because you can't click it. It should be topmost.
What insert media button is it?
1660130254724.png

Semiurge

Cipher
The watched threads filter is now installed, thanks to Taluntain.

What insert media button is it?
View attachment 26918

It happens with none of them at the moment. Did you already change something? That issue appeared at least a week ago in different threads, so not just a onetime incident. It was always the hovering 'insert image' box with the textfield, not the media buttons themselves that were obscured.

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Thanks for the watched threads filter. Apparently trying to keep track of threads without it wasn't working well because now I have three pages of unread threads I'd been missing since the forum update

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't know what the hell have you done but now all of my watched threads appear as unread, even those that haven't been updated in a while.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Should there be a link to unread threads on the level of the Home/Forums/What's new/Members/Chat bar that drops down when scrolling down on the page?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Should there be a link to unread threads on the level of the Home/Forums/What's new/Members/Chat bar that drops down when scrolling down on the page?
There is, still all of my old watched threads are marked as unread.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm showing threads as unread from last year even though I've posted in them more recently than that. The old posts are actually marked as new too. Something fucky going on. No big deal though. I'll just mark all forums read when I get home and I assume that will fix it

Modron

Arcane
Yeah same happened to me. Was probably the update, I just hit mark forums read and it is working just fine moving forward now.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
you might want to check for threads that you know are active, it seems whatever happened also removed some of the threads from the watch list, mostly the few in politics subforum that I watch

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The header image (ironically?) still doesn't scale on mobile:

Screenshot_2022-08-11-14-56-48.png

Also, the menu should be two rows at most, it takes up too much of the screen. If you make the buttons a bit smaller, four can fit in one line.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Also, the menu should be two rows at most, it takes up too much of the screen. If you make the buttons a bit smaller, four can fit in one line.
It doesn't work that way, the width of your specific mobile's screen is not a universal unit of measurement.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Alternatively, can the menu links be moved to the drop-down menu instead? Those 2-3 rows take up way too much space with buttons that are not usually used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom