Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Cleaning up the Codex.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started reading the Codex in 2010. I joined in 2014. Up until 2018, I feel like the forum was still very good. I still enjoy browsing the forum and interacting with people, but the quality has gone down the shitter.

Too many low effort trolls, and one-post driveby posters. I am all for free speech, and freedom to have whatever opinion you want. That's a strength of the site, including the rpg discussion. The problem is that you will see too many one liners in threads that will say something negative, and then you will not see any more posts in said thread by the user. There is currently too much retardation.

On top of that, you will see too much GD shit in gaming forums. We have GD for a reason, but GD banter is leaking into GRPG/JRPG/GG sections. It is getting tiring.

I'm not expecting a stricter place per se, but maybe control the situation. Which trolls do we have that are even funny, these days? None.

I used to think that previously active developers were cucks for leaving this place, but in all honesty, the way things are, I can understand why many left.

In short, admins/mods need to go Omar on this place.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just ignore them? Is it really that hard? I don’t even use the ignore function but if someone writes shit I don’t care or want to look at, I just done read it lmao.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just ignore them? Is it really that hard? I don’t even use the ignore function but if someone writes shit I don’t care or want to look at, I just done read it lmao.
I don't have any intention of ever using the ignore feature.
So, then why are you complaining about shitposters if you refuse to ignore them?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Are you trying to prove something here by not ignoring shitposters/trolls/Fluent? More idiots on the net is just a thing of our time, respectively it's not just a Codex thing.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, then why are you complaining about shitposters if you refuse to ignore them?
There are shitposters. Most I can stand. Then we have low effort trolls. It's about standards, not that I can't handle them.

Ignoring is for cucks.

I want higher standards, which should be something seen as strange.

Diablo1_reborn I don't want to prove anything, tbh. There are just too many posters that don't have any intention of having interesting discussions.

Shitposters and bad trolls are not the same, imo.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
There are shitposters. Most I can stand. Then we have low effort trolls. It's about standards, not that I can't handle them.

Ignoring is for cucks.

So, you’re just an idiot for refusing to use a feature designed for ignoring low effort trolls that you don’t like?

Also, higher standards lmao. I got into an argument with a 2004 fag recently who didn’t even understand what made the original Fallout a revolutionary game in the CRPG genre, though apparently most other codexers don’t either. You can always *want* higher standards but bitching in side feedback will do nothing.

Is this is a troll thread, it’s a shit one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

Ignoring is for cucks.

So, you’re just an idiot for refusing to use a feature designed for ignoring low effort trolls that you don’t like?

Also, higher standards lmao. I got into an argument with a 2004 fag recently who didn’t even understand what made the original Fallout a revolutionary game in the CRPG genre, though apparently most other codexers don’t either. You can always *want* higher standards but bitching in side feedback will do nothing.

Is this is a troll thread, it’s a shit one.
There's a difference. You might have gotten in a discussion with someone who doesn't understand, but at least you had a discussion.

I assure you that this is not a troll thread, but I see your view on this matter, and I accept it.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I don't even ignore retards like Electric Otter and Zee, who shitrate me daily. OP should grow a spine.

Here's an observation: eventually this shit stops. Fantadoormat used to shitrate daily, now he forgot that he hated me and rates my posts normally (agreeing, disagreeing).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I don't even ignore retards like Electric Otter and Zee, who shitrate me daily. OP should grow a spine.

Here's an observation: eventually this shit stops. Fantadoormat used to shitrate daily, now he forgot that he hated me and rates my posts normally (agreeing, disagreeing).
I don't care how anyone rates my posts.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Suit yourself. I like to have my posts rated positively. I dislike having useless retards like this shitrating my LP, for example:

9qVKpsf.png

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Suit yourself. I like to have my posts rated positively. I dislike having useless retards like this shitrating my LP, for example:

9qVKpsf.png

unknown.png

Negro u the one that rates me shit all over, shut the fuck up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom