Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens RPG not dead yet

Andhaira

Arcane
I have a feeling that the Aliens RPG will become the next Grimoire, or Duke Nukem.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hümmelgümpf said:
Wait, what? Onyx was not forsaken. It wasn't designed as a one-shot engine, and even if Aliens RPG never sees the light of day, it will be used in another project.
You're being optimistic or are there some evidence/hint?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Ogg said:
You're being optimistic or are there some evidence/hint?
Davis and Sawyer said it repeatedly. In fact, Obsidian had started working on Onyx before they got the Aliens license. Onyx is supposed to be an engine custom-tailored to their needs and will be used in all of their future projects.

Ausir

Arcane
They'll reuse the retextured alien models as wanamingos in New Vegas.

Chefe

Erudite
I already killed this game once, I'll go down to Obsidian and do it again!

xuerebx

Erudite
Can't see how this game could work as an RPG, but since it has to do with Aliens, I'll get it.

Aliens <3
Predators <3
Aliens vs Predators <X3 (except the second game)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"used in all of their future projects"

ALL? So, they'll be using it 20 years from now?

R00fles!

Hory

Erudite
Have you seen into the future that they'll still have projects 20 years from now?

R00fles!

bat_boro

Arcane
Volourn said:

R00fles!

Well, why not?
Just look at what Valve did with their Source - they have already used it five years and as it seems they'll be using it for the next five as well

[Jez]

Novice
bat_boro said:
Volourn said:

R00fles!

Well, why not?
Just look at what Valve did with their Source - they have already used it five years and as it seems they'll be using it for the next five as well
Don't delude yourself HL2:Ep3 wont be out anywhere near that quickly

LOLOLOL WHAT A FRESH AND ORIGINAL JOKE I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom