Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With how often this bugged game breaks, deletes and bugs out people's only save in rogue-like - I would have rather be a pussy and make an extra save each expedition in-game instead of keeping 3 iterating back ups in save folder.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They could have hired Vek and Holic to fix their godforsaken game for 1/100th of what they’ve blown sucking up to the most retarded part of the playerbase (journos) and sucking off their degenerate funders by rushing out games and shoehorning in wokel bullshit.

No wonder RUS is tripping over their own dicks in UKR if this is what they’ve come to. Hard times for Muscovy.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TWF, ranged, and VS are all very feat intensive and Feats are about the only thing Shaman doesn’t get.

VS is also nonbo with Barrage. You guys are Vital Strike crazy. Why not just mount up the Orc Shaman and slay with Falch?
#1 I already got one mounted guy so I reached my limit
#2 When you are mounted you cannot use Enlarge Person and other later spells that are big damage boosts.

You can use Enlarge if you mount a horse and use Animal Growth buff. Also later you can Legendary Proportions both the horse and the rider.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am not sure if this was known to everyone, but Sosiel's Touch of Good and Bit of Luck, work with book events. Most importantly with The Lexicon of Paradox.

Getting all the Storyteller pages is still good, but you can get across the skill checks yourself with those 2 domains quite easily.
Don't forget Madness Domain...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
LoL they couldn't fix that save game bug so no more forced Iron Man :lol:
At least I can play without worrying to lose saves now. Always can self fore iron man if I wanted.

ArchAngel

Arcane
TWF, ranged, and VS are all very feat intensive and Feats are about the only thing Shaman doesn’t get.

VS is also nonbo with Barrage. You guys are Vital Strike crazy. Why not just mount up the Orc Shaman and slay with Falch?
#2 When you are mounted you cannot use Enlarge Person and other later spells that are big damage boosts.

You can use Enlarge if you mount a horse and use Animal Growth buff. Also later you can Legendary Proportions both the horse and the rider.
You can cast Legendry on animals? Wtf?
Even if it works, it probably looks terrible.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
They could have hired Vek and Holic to fix their godforsaken game
There is no way in the world Owlcat can afford developers of their level, especially Vek's - this guy got some epic quality control skills. And when I've checked their vacancies around year ago, they were paying way below the market in Moscow, ~800-1k $ for the mid tier game dev.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
They could have hired Vek and Holic to fix their godforsaken game
There is no way in the world Owlcat can afford developers of their level, especially Vek's - this guy got some epic quality control skills. And when I've checked their vacancies around year ago, they were paying way below the market in Moscow, ~800-1k $ for the mid tier game dev.
Then give him an ownership stake. C'mon man, it's all about priorities. There's no reason for world-class talent like the main devs to be paying below market for the people standing between their vision and its proper execution.

Yosharian

Arcane

Just in case anyone is unaware, though I'm sure you are:

If you are playing a Kitsune in human form then size increases such as Legendary Proportions do not increase your effective size, allowing you to mount pets as normal (giggity)

ArchAngel

Arcane

Just in case anyone is unaware, though I'm sure you are:

If you are playing a Kitsune in human form then size increases such as Legendary Proportions do not increase your effective size, allowing you to mount pets as normal (giggity)
That is not automatic positive due to losing reach bonus except for mounted combinations.

Desiderius

Patron
On Primal Druid the Polymorph overwrites (cancels) the Size bonus from Enlarge. Does it not with Human Kitsune and Legendary? Or does being Human (Polymorphed) allow you to cast Legendary on top of the Polymorph (Druid can't do this because while Wildshaped it's no longer a Person).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must say that Alchemical Weapon ability of Grenadier is pretty good. I get 1d6+7 bonus damage for my bomb for a swift action and fire pot that is normally useless

Desiderius

Patron
I must say that Alchemical Weapon ability of Grenadier is pretty good. I get 1d6+7 bonus damage for my bomb for a swift action and fire pot that is normally useless
If you’ve got an open Swift, and Swifts can be clunky in RTwP. It was creating a separate damage packet in P:K. Pretty sure they’ve fixed that. If you could buy a steady supply of Bombs it could be ok.

There are Bombs that drop with special effects but they’re pretty rare. If you want to use your Alch to Brew pots and use them as Infusions Feats are pretty tight (Grenadier loses Brew Potions but gets Precise Bombs).

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you’ve got an open Swift, and Swifts can be clunky in RTwP. It was creating a separate damage packet in P:K. Pretty sure they’ve fixed that. If you could buy a steady supply of Bombs it could be ok.

There are Bombs that drop with special effects but they’re pretty rare. If you want to use your Alch to Brew pots and use them as Infusions Feats are pretty tight (Grenadier loses Brew Potions but gets Precise Bombs).
Rules for this game were designed for TB and Owlcat implemented it pretty true to PnP. And free class ability is worth more than extra feat.

Takamori

Learned
Did the Treasures of Midnight Isles, it was easy on Core. Nenio with Phantasmal Putrefaction and Web still breaking this game and also being a cleric angel basically you are ignoring a lot of effects on you.
Guess as you advance to chapter 4-5 you get more stuff in it besides the gay magical dragon? I'm holding the game for now to flip to chapter 4 due to in theory in EE they plan to make it better according to that reddit post.

Also the DLC give you a fuckton of gold in Chapter 3, my main party fully decked in +6 status enhancements and +5 gear

Lambach

Arcane
Is there something you need to do before putting together the Lexicon of Paradox or can you do it as soon as you get both halves?

I missed the second half, apparently because of a failed Perception check, so I added it via Toybox, but still don't get the option to put the two halves together when I click "Use" on the first half.

Desiderius

Patron

Rules for this game were designed for TB and Owlcat implemented it pretty true to PnP. And free class ability is worth more than extra feat.
Not necessarily. I’ve got enough touch damage from the Kinnie and the Witch. The Alch is there for buff and debuff. If I can go Gnome (there’s an INT Gnome background in TTT) with Historian background to pass Knowledge checks right away I can grab Infusion, Enhance, and Extend Potion before really getting started on the bombs to get a big start on the early buffs.

Losing Brew puts me behind a level or two on that plan even if I get it back later on Precise Bombs. Was able to pick up Tanglefoot, Precise, and Blinding at lvls 6,7, and 8. Then with Skill Focus Know:World and Mythic Skill Focus at M2 to take ten you’re set for the high level food.

With Evercold you don’t need the Martial Prof.

Desiderius

Patron
I might try to see what Dirge Bard can Brew next time since it gets a scaling bonus to Knowledge then go Human Grenadier. I ran Grenadier for my main in Unfair P:K so no doubt it’s good.

Kinnie with Elk from Nature’s Ally is kind of stupid, at least with Elemental Engine broken.

Lambach

Arcane
Should I keep going or wait for EE in chapter 4? I'm pre Ivory Sanctum now.

Content-wise, I think it was mentioned their primary focus is on late game Mythic Path stuff, so Chapter 4 probably won't change much.

Personally, I'm not updating anything until I finish both current playthroughs because they might change some mechanics that I rely on enough to fuck up my playstyle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom