Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Let's brainstorm a new Icewind Dale game.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Turn-based, 3.5e, 5+ party members, essentially TOEE in winter.

No Sawyer, no romances, no sjw trash forced in your face.

Good but simple, well narrated story, no muh epicness, chosen one shit.

Mundane items like torches, ropes, blankets, backpacks, helmets etc. are useful, perhaps even replacing low-level magic.

Quality art direction and music instead of chasing more pixels, raytracing or whatnot.

Environment and weather play a significant role and related skills like climb, jump or even swim are useful.

Low to medium in both character levels and magic.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
If we ever get IWD3 I don't want TB combat but rather real time only more tactical and tacticool. Also game should have more open ended areas with less of a loading screens if any. Same applies to PoE3.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
real time only more tactical and tacticool.

Tactical in Real-Time...

<doubt>

Strategy, sure, if you attack fixed positions, you can plan ahead but when it's launched, it's mostly a clusterfuck with limited tactics which aren't exploits.

Turn-based, 3.5e, 5+ party members, essentially TOEE in winter.

No Sawyer, no romances, no sjw trash forced in your face.

Good but simple, well narrated story, no muh epicness, chosen one shit.

Mundane items like torches, ropes, blankets, backpacks, helmets etc. are useful, perhaps even replacing low-level magic.

Quality art direction and music instead of chasing more pixels, raytracing or whatnot.

Environment and weather play a significant role and related skills like climb, jump or even swim are useful.

Low to medium in both character levels and magic.

This, and set in a desertic area, just because you need to change everything if you want something great, nothing is really good in IWD, besides avatars and too nice graphics compared to the gameplay.
Better gameplay, less graphic whoring!

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Icewind Dale 3 still lives in my heart.
This AI drawing toy is quite good at drawing trippy landscapes.

Untidtled-1.jpg

FriendlyMerchant

An extensive and well detailed merchant simulator with options for monopolizing would be excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lagi

Savant

Untidtled-1.jpg
how did you create this masterpieces? everytime i use midjourney i have some abstract looking puke.
bottom right can be copy paste directly into the game, perspective is ok.

Lagi

Savant
I picked up Rime of the Frostmaiden last month. It has a few issues, but if we disregard some of the nonsense Wizards of the Coast inserts for nuD&D players, and stick with the overarching campaign, it would make an appropriate conversion for Icewind Dale III.

Party chooses one of the Ten Towns to start in, and gets to explore the other settlements and surrounding areas, building toward a confrontation with Auril.
THIS THIS
I buy this campaign, to read as a book. And i think its brilliant! I really want to play it on PC as IWD3!! This was in fact my daydreaming. I need to find this book.
[I dont play pnp rpg, because i just cant stand how people play sessions, its a boring slog, full of arbitrall decision of gm].

it starts as mundane task in ten towns (you can even pick where you want to start! imagine you start iwd3, each time your starting location is random), and slowly progress to more fantastic and epic quests.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
how did you create this masterpieces? everytime i use midjourney i have some abstract looking puke.

Stable Diffusion is the new shit everybody uses.
This early tech demo can handle landscapes and close portraits.
It can't handle hands or any interactions at all.
With some weeb extensions it can even handle tits.

Some portraits.
IWD-portraits.jpg

Now, this is COMFY.
IWD3-b-b.jpg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I hope Beamdog will not touch Icewind Dale 2(already got their claws on the first game).
Also,for the love of God,I hope they do not get any "ideas" for an Icewind Dale 3 game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Stable Diffusion is the new shit everybody uses.
This early tech demo can handle landscapes and close portraits.
It can't handle hands or any interactions at all.
With some weeb extensions it can even handle tits.

Some portraits.
IWD-portraits.jpg

Now, this is COMFY.
IWD3-b-b.jpg

Why is this game not a thing

Why are we living in a world where this game is not a thing

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Why do people care about this extremely mediocre series?
it's the codex where liking popular things is bad so the favorite IE game has shifted to the least popular one naturally
We're all aware of the many faults of the Icewind Dale series.
We just appriciate the good parts. The atmosphere, the music, the visuals. And some neat combat encounters here and there.
A polished spiritual successor would be nice.

Also, this is now Lagole posting AI generated stuff thread:
IWD3-c.png

Last edited:

Lagi

Savant
can you AI generate monster portraits? or different races? Also you will need more armoured dudes. My team was usually 3 tanks, 1 old guy, 1 chick and 1 strange class like bard.

Can you generate location maps in isometric view? so it can be copy paste into game? if we have maps we can make up the reason why we need to kill everyone there and stole their loot.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
How about adding the personality system from Wizardry 8?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
can you AI generate monster portraits? or different races? Also you will need more armoured dudes. My team was usually 3 tanks, 1 old guy, 1 chick and 1 strange class like bard.

Can you generate location maps in isometric view? so it can be copy paste into game? if we have maps we can make up the reason why we need to kill everyone there and stole their loot.
Fantasy creatures and traits can cause some trouble (quality elf ears especially), but tha AI can handle it (with some luck) as long as you type in some proper fantasy artists in the prompt.

Last edited:

Lagi

Savant
:what:
sorry man but TF is that?

i thought you publish here some pnp rules, but this is book (prose) about someone playing rpg with his family?

:shredder:
dude you have no idea what bullshit i told my parents, so they didnt call my sessions a satanic rituals. CRINGE overloaded...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom