Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CDPR Group update - 5 Witcher games, Cyberpunk 2077 sequel and new IP in production.

BruceVC

Magister
A lot of stupid opinions in this thread, so let Porky bring a heavy dose of reality to the unwashed masses:

- Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, one of the greatest games ever made DESPITE having some very serious flaws. This can be clearly seen by how uncool it is to praise it here on the codex, and how much the edgelords shit on it and YET, it came in in the top 15 on the all time list.
- Witcher series as a whole, while uneven, is one of the great series in gaming history.
- Cyberpunk 2077, once the major issues have been ironed out, is likely the best RPG/game to have come out in the last 2-3 years. That's not saying much, I know, but still, it is a good game with a lot of issues but is fun overall.

So given this, criticize CDRP all you want, but they are one of very few candle-lights in the long winter of modern gaming. All of these games they just announced might very well turn out to be shit, or not, but I, for one, am looking forward to learning more about them.
QFT, this is a very good post and I agree with everything about CDPR you have mentioned. I spent about 300 hours on W3 and its my second favorite RPG of all time :cool:

pickmeister

Learned
While I liked Bitcher games (because I read the books as a kid), unironically liking Cyberspunk should automatically put you on a short bus.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I find both haters and lovers odd. So many strong emotions for such mediocre game.

Which is not to say you cant have fun with it

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I find both haters and lovers odd. So many strong emotions for such mediocre game.
The lovers are the Poles, who make 50% of this site and shill for CDPR so the Polish economy doesn't tank. The haters are the other 50% of the Codex who are so fed up with Poles that they want to tank the Polish economy so they can't access the internet anymore.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, one of the greatest games ever made

This opinion count as a sin and your god should demote you to Porky the Fallen.

...But you can atone your sin by donating some dem dollars to Church of Todd.
hguyOjZ.jpeg

Tyrr

Liturgist
Honestly,I have yet to encounter a more retarded and obnoxious group of fanboys than CDPR fanboys.
What the fuck Poland? Are CDPR video games your only major exports?
And salt. Lots of salt.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
wasn’t ready to release
Do you think it would have been ready if they gave it another 5 years of development?
Hint: look at the current state of CP2077 before replying.

The fact is that the people working on it were never capable of delivering what was expected. This idea that if we just give developers more time it will eventually get done is ridiculous, it implies everyone is inherently equal in output if given enough time when that simply isn't true.
It is shit because they kicked out all the chad polish people that made the three witcher games,and hired a bunch of worthless kwan and kuknadian trannies from bioware lol. Once a studio touches kwan,it goes downhill.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cyberpunk 2077 was a test for the polacks at CDPR. A test to see if they can remain humble and grounded after they hit it big with Glitcher 3. Drunk with success and swimming in money,they lost all vision and humbleness. They weaponized the hype for the game and they wanted to overdo everything. Cyberpunk 2077 overpromised but it completely underdelivered.

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
Cyberpunk 2077 was a test for the polacks at CDPR. A test to see if they can remain humble and grounded after they hit it big with Glitcher 3. Drunk with success and swimming in money,they lost all vision and humbleness. They weaponized the hype for the game and they wanted to overdo everything. Cyberpunk 2077 overpromised but it completely underdelivered.
The CP2077 fiasco should have been the humble pill they needed, instead they promise a gazillion games when they didn't have the manpower to ship a polished (no pun intended) game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was just a mismanaged project where higher management meddled too much in the creative process. And when the budget and time constraints hit them, they went all corporate on the poor assholes whose work they had been interfering with.

Not much more to it than that.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
wasn’t ready to release
Do you think it would have been ready if they gave it another 5 years of development?
Hint: look at the current state of CP2077 before replying.

The fact is that the people working on it were never capable of delivering what was expected. This idea that if we just give developers more time it will eventually get done is ridiculous, it implies everyone is inherently equal in output if given enough time when that simply isn't true.
It is shit because they kicked out all the chad polish people that made the three witcher games,and hired a bunch of worthless kwan and kuknadian trannies from bioware lol. Once a studio touches kwan,it goes downhill.
Anyone who thinks there is some myyystery we don't know about, or more important factors then this or that it's somehow more complicated then this, is midwit normie who has 99% chance to be found shopping Funko Pop figurines when first nuclear warheads start dropping

Reason why they announced 5 new games is also incredibly simple. They pulled Elon Musk. They overpromised, promised impossible so to stabilize their stock market share price and give impression to current and future shareholders that if you invest in CDPR money tsunami is coming in few years. Again, very simple

What should be the simplest thing to understand is that after publicly pledging allegiance to ESG World Economic Forum New Woke World Order, CDPR has died. Not figuratively, not metaphorically, not kinda but not acthually not really. No. Understand. CDPR is Dead

CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead CDPR is dead

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It was just a mismanaged project where higher management meddled too much in the creative process. And when the budget and time constraints hit them, they went all corporate on the poor assholes whose work they had been interfering with.

Not much more to it than that.
Name me one good game made by zoomer american trannies, millenial gays, lesbian & feminist alliance and gen X Polish shitlibs? One

Are midwit normies functionally retarded when it comes to connecting anything more complex then charger with their iPhone?!?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom