Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
IRL model and in-game model both look like shit.

I will never understand why people pretend this woman is good looking.

Sykar

Arcane
Well it could have been worse:
Peebee_Information_in_Mass_Effect_Andromeda.jpg

:troll:

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
It's probably better than this weird game journo (?) girl they inserted into ME3
Probably hasn't been relevant ever since.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Here's the real question, was there actually a single significant female NPC that was good looking in all of ME?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Reddit post from an ex-Bioware dev about the uncharted worlds in ME1. https://www.reddit.com/user/ThriKr33n?count=225&after=t1_iidqwg0
That's correct, we used a procedurally generated height map as a starting point and flattened areas for any points of interest. There was supposed to be like two times the number of UNCs but obviously time and memory meant having to cut them out (like only Bring Down the Sky was recovered).

UE3's terrain system also supported a decoration system to add small stuff like rock debris and plants which we could have used to help the player gauge speed and such, and just break up the flat, featureless aspect of those levels, but sadly console memory prevented us from turning that on. Notice how even on worlds with life (damn shifty looking cows), there aren't any forests. While UE3 had a streaming system to load chunks in to converse memory, the speed of the Mako made that hard to design for so I think we ended up just loading most of the level into memory, which meant less available for POI stuff. One idea was a moon patrol mini-game where Geth or bandits could attack you while you were driving around, vs. the current being static in one spot you drove up to.

There were way more features on the wishlist, like large refinery bases (lots of pipe kits to assemble) but the dept working on the UNCs and Mako levels was very small, like under 10 people, and I believe 2 of the artists ended up leaving the company completely, and I got pulled to do tech art for the rest of the game. Sadly, game dev realities meant having to cut back on all those features and it was the least critical aspect of the game.

I miss the breakdancing Mako though, it used to have multiple thrusters and could jump the blockade walls on Virmire. I heard they added that back into the ME:LE, I should get around to playing that and try to remember what's changed.
Originally posted in this thread but his comment was shadow-deleted (fucking Reddit).

Edit: by the way, this guy posts on r/KotakuInAction. Pretty based.

Last edited:

Dhaze

Cipher
Here's the real question, was there actually a single significant female NPC that was good looking in all of ME?

Cora and Kasumi? Not my type at all, but they're the only women in the entire series whose faces don't look all kinds of weird.

Aside from them, every human woman in Mass Effect looks either straight up bad in a video-gamey way (Jack, Chambers, Kenson, FemShep) or repulsive in a grotesque, overdone way (Ashley, Miranda, Allers). Ashley especially; she looked 60% plastic in ME1, 70% plastic in ME2, then 115% plastic in ME3—and somehow she's become even worse in the remaster.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to give up on the remaster. As beautiful as the environments look with the new mod, the characters still look like animated corpses. It's way too distracting. :lol:

Despite having about twenty ME3 playthroughs behind me, seeing Anderson run in the beginning still cracks me up every single time. He looks so goofy, it's fantastic. :lol:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Aside from them, every human woman in Mass Effect looks either straight up bad in a video-gamey way (Jack, Chambers, Kenson, FemShep) or repulsive in a grotesque, overdone way (Ashley, Miranda, Allers). Ashley especially; she looked 60% plastic in ME1, 70% plastic in ME2, then 115% plastic in ME3—and somehow she's become even worse in the remaster.
I'd argue Jack is repulsive and grotesque. She has no boobs or ass, is covered in tattoos that scream daddy issues and was probably the prison bicycle and had more dicks in her than people Shepard has gunned down in all three games combined.

Miranda is especially hilarious - great body, but with a face that exists to be covered with a paper bag, yet the game keeps trying to tell you she's the perfect female.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I'd argue Jack is repulsive and grotesque. She has no boobs or ass, is covered in tattoos that scream daddy issues and was probably the prison bicycle and had more dicks in her than people Shepard has gunned down in all three games combined.
Women with daddy issues are preferred.

Dhaze

Cipher
don't you dare disrespect my waifu kelly chambers

Hey, she was my waifu also, but she always reminded me of Gwen in the Seinfeld episode titled The Strike. Gwen being the woman who, depending on the lighting, was either pretty or ugly.

But they really did Chambers dirty in the remaster.

8ps7ln7sz1z61.png

I mean, talk about disrespect. Who thought that monstrosity on the left looked good?

Semiurge

Cipher
Jack looks cool. Bioware wanted her to look like a futuristic punk, so her being skinny goes with that territory. Her character would be at home in the dystopian Riddick universe. Of course she also needs serious therapy, so she's not the most traditional waifu material.

voJpqqt.png

Well it could have been worse:
Peebee_Information_in_Mass_Effect_Andromeda.jpg

:troll:

She looks like a man in those cutscenes because she has no eyelashes.

don't you dare disrespect my waifu kelly chambers

Hey, she was my waifu also, but she always reminded me of Gwen in the Seinfeld episode titled The Strike. Gwen being the woman who, depending on the lighting, was either pretty or ugly.

But they really did Chambers dirty in the remaster.

8ps7ln7sz1z61.png

I mean, talk about disrespect. Who thought that monstrosity on the left looked good?

A reminder - Kelly has sex with those dog creatures (or with some who do) and has the STDs to prove it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's strange that Mass Effect never got a sequel until Mass Effect Andromeda. Oh well, at least it got a sequel.

Aarwolf

Learned
Aside from them, every human woman in Mass Effect looks either straight up bad in a video-gamey way (Jack, Chambers, Kenson, FemShep) or repulsive in a grotesque, overdone way (Ashley, Miranda, Allers).

Traynor looks good.

Samantha-Traynor-Mass-Effect-3-e.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom