Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Pro-tip: You can also not buy the DLC.
...who said anything about buying?
Let me get this straight: I will have the privilege of paying 12 Eurobucks

:nocountryforshitposters:

AwesomeButton might have a point about some of this 2022 crop.
Sorry, is my english that bad? Let me rephrase: I might have considered playing another round of 40 hours in Nigh City. I saw it has the price tag of 12.99. I am not paying but I might play. Do you need me to fill in the blanks?

I just come here to vent with my hyperbole. Next time I will just call you a nigger instead, my apologies.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sorry, is my english that bad? Let me rephrase: I might have considered playing another round of 40 hours in Nigh City. I saw it has the price tag of 12.99. I am not paying but I might play. Do you need me to fill in the blanks?

I just come here to vent with my hyperbole. Next time I will just call you a nigger instead, my apologies.

1) Yes, yes it is.
2) You can always get a job at McD if that seems like a lot of money.
3) More to the point, what would you consider to be a fair price to not need to vent, considering that you hate the game? Is someone going to kill your family if you don't try it?
4) You're retadred.

Gargaune

Magister
All this bellyaching over the expansion got me to watch the trailer again and something hit me in the first ten seconds - "Repeat after me: I, V, do solemnly swear..." Hold on a second, chief, since when are solemn oaths taken with a stage name? We know V's parents weren't hippies, the joytoy at Clouds knows the protagonist's real name and even that wouldn't address the lack of a surname. Did no one at CDPR catch this? Could've just said "I solemnly swear", problem solved.

Sorry, is my english that bad?
Yes, but I accept your apology. Don't do it again.

All this bellyaching over the expansion got me to watch the trailer again and something hit me in the first ten seconds - "Repeat after me: I, V, do solemnly swear..." Hold on a second, chief, since when are solemn oaths taken with a stage name? We know V's parents weren't hippies, the joytoy at Clouds knows the protagonist's real name and even that wouldn't address the lack of a surname. Did no one at CDPR catch this? Could've just said "I solemnly swear", problem solved.
They probably though that Vincent/Valerie would confuse people who didn't play yet or didn't pay attention to that part. But having Johnny say "You know, V, taking that oath..." would fix that too.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So it's close to two years since release. Have they managed to make it good yet? Checked the latest patch, nothing really seems different other than less bugs. Some bugs still remain, though, like using short circuit quick hack on enemies will have them freeze in place and after a long time just quickly fall to the ground.

Seems as bland and uninspired as on release. Motherfuckers couldn't even put ambient music in it for fucks sake.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Sorry, is my english that bad?
Yes, but I accept your apology. Don't do it again.
On that note, the Male-body-type Peralez squashes a cigarette on the ground before he and his wife fly away on their flying car. If I was a CDPR writer, that would have been a perfect place to insert a Raymond Chandler-like remark by V regarding the mayor candidate littering the city.

Also this is the first time it made an impression on me how generic the dialogue is. Peralez is supposed to be a former DA (if there can be a "DA" for an independent city-state like Night City), he should have been able to give a much more detailed commentary on the case, and the various bits of evidence thrown to the player via the brainscroll.

"Cyberpunk 2077 : Phantom Liberty will be a paid expansion"

Seriously,CDPR fanboys,It's time to acknowledge that you got FUCKED by your sugar daddy polacks.
Empty promises and dissapointment,that's what you will continue to receive from them.
That's what money does to human beings. They got corrupted by big $$$ and lost their vision and humbleness.
i didn't pay for cp77 and i won't pay for the expansion. gog release = no drm. they are literally giving their games away for free, so if you really don't want to pay... just don't? lol
only consolefats would care about this

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Seriously,CDPR fanboys,It's time to acknowledge that you got FUCKED by your sugar daddy polacks.
Empty promises and dissapointment,that's what you will continue to receive from them.
That's what money does to human beings. They got corrupted by big $$$ and lost their vision and humbleness.
i didn't pay for cp77 and i won't pay for the expansion. gog release = no drm. they are literally giving their games away for free, so if you really don't want to pay... just don't? lol
I used to reason like you. Now, with the years, I think you are already fucked if you are wasting your free time "playing" something you don't even enjoy enough to gift a few bucks to the people who made it. Inb4 "$60 is not "a few bucks"" - the game is discounted at half price right now.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
since edgerunners gave them millions of sales they will never bother fixing fundamental problems with their asinine looter shooter crafting system, are they? i also like the part of the last patch were they added npcs sometimes pulling out an umbrella when it's raining, but when you jump on some pedestrian's head they still won't react. fucking bloodlines did this 16 years ago.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
since edgerunners gave them millions of sales they will never bother fixing fundamental problems with their asinine looter shooter crafting system, are they?
You think they'd fix that stuff if no one was buying it? Retarded. Leave Edgerunners out of this.

AwesomeButton

Patron
since edgerunners gave them millions of sales they will never bother fixing fundamental problems with their asinine looter shooter crafting system, are they?
You think they'd fix that stuff if no one was buying it? Retarded. Leave Edgerunners out of this.
They never were going to fix the main problem of the game, and that's that a lot of the content is unfinished and just "standing there".

I used to reason like you. Now, with the years, I think you are already fucked if you are wasting your free time "playing" something you don't even enjoy enough to gift a few bucks to the people who made it. Inb4 "$60 is not "a few bucks"" - the game is discounted at half price right now.
what would be the point in paying them after i already played it for free? they're a corporation and are not hurting for money. they already made what they needed to on cyberpunk. it's like paying for a meal after you got it for free, if that makes you feel better somehow then whatever, but it doesn't apply to me. the world will keep spinning either way

AwesomeButton

Patron
what would be the point in paying them after i already played it for free?
I agree with that sentiment. But what would be the point in playing if you don't like the game?

I've wasted hours playing pirated Assassin's Creed which I didn't end up buying, because I didn't like it. But the lost time is lost time. Just because it's free doesn't mean we should play every game.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Daily reminder that if you don't buy Cyberpunk, the Potato economy loses some money and as a result can't afford resources for heating.
1 bought copy of Cyberpunk = 1 child in eastern Poland won't freeze.
Think about the Children in Eastern Poland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom