Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Marvel's Midnight Suns - Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

From his time in East LA to his devilish days, Ghost Rider has been on a HELL of a ride.

Join Comicstorian to learn more about Robbie Reyes and his road to the #MidnightSuns.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

NGL, the story clips and voice acting sound very cringe and amateurish.

But might be good nonetheless. Wait and see approach from me on this one.

Ironmonk

Augur
The most entertaining thing about this game is that whenever they post about it on the XCOM 2 news on steam, they get a massive down voting + a avalanche of replies with "XCOM 3" :lol:

The reviews I've seen for this so far are kind of funny. They seem to mostly be: Gameplay is really fun, but the Persona-ish friendship system Firaxis is trying to do in the Abbey section is excruciating thanks to horrible writing.

The customization options on the heroes (especially the heroes from the comics) also seems to be sorely lacking. Really not sure why they'd just have set skins with a handful of set color options to make them as opposed to letting players mix and match parts, and color the costumes however the player wants. Part of being a license property is being a fan service thing, and letting some Marvel fan create their own personal Iron Man or whatever would go a long way into leaning into that fan service aspect. The selection of costumes is a pretty weird and lame bunch of costumes for the majority of them it looks like, especially if whats there is all there really is. Like, Iron Man has a few magic armors, a few that even look like suits of knight's armor, and they all look better than the Iron Knight suit. Everyone seems to have some kind of classic knight variant costume, which would seem like there's going to be a section of the game that does Queen's Vengeance...wouldn't be too hard to tie Morgan le Fay (who I think is showing up in MCU stuff now) into Midnight Sons stuff.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The producer at 0:26 in the second vid says it all. Everyone knows talking about mental health issues in your super hero simulator is great fun. Also Jake doesn't look very enthusiastic.

Are any of the heroes with actual mental issues, like Bruce Banner, even in this?

Yeah, but he really let his metal health issues get away from him...

Fa5MaF0UUAEYA-z.jpg

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I swear every time I check this topic again I discover that the release date keeps getting later and later. Duke Nukem Forever style waiting for a game people didn't think was ever going to be that good to begin with.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nico might be the youngest on the team, but she is the heart and soul of the Midnight Suns. She is THE glue that keeps this team together. Watch how Nico unites the team in our final Prequel Short, Nico TV.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The fact this game exists is super bizarre to me and feels like a matrix simulation and I don't really know why. The opening of that review is cute, but who exactly is "the friend I love"? ;d Marvel? Ew.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom