Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Fatshark: Removing scoreboards removes toxicity!

Also Fatshark: We should design penances/challenges so teams hate each other

images

Case in point (the pysker penance where you solokill a boss with brain burst):

znz8fztx9f2a1.png

Ahhhhh, multiplayer games... The place we use for escapism; just to bump up even worse idiots than in our real lives :lol:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

images

znz8fztx9f2a1.png
"How dare you not instantly know everything and shoot a demon in a game where you shoot demons"
Fuck me, I thought league was toxic. Well done Fatshark.

Last edited:

A-Minish

Educated

images

znz8fztx9f2a1.png
I have not see this kind of social retardation for a long long time on V2 and I am glad those folks are not as many as before. Darktide badly needs the private-custom lobby option.

Again, hopefully the game population will stabilize and those morons might get filtered or go play something else.

Codex Year of the Donut

images

znz8fztx9f2a1.png
You see this and get upset, I see this and see a perfect opportunity for trolling.

ADL

Prophet
Ogyrn pings the daemonhost
Veteran immediately shoots it
Wish I got a screenshot of the chat.

ADL

Prophet
Why, what happens if you shoot the demonhost? I only played the closed beta.
It's the L4D witch of Darktide. Mostly optional encounters from my experience so if you can avoid it, you probably should. Super aggressive AI wipes a lot of groups.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Why, what happens if you shoot the demonhost? I only played the closed beta.
It's the L4D witch of Darktide. Mostly optional encounters from my experience so if you can avoid it, you probably should. Super aggressive AI wipes a lot of groups.
Oh wow, rip then.

Harthwain

Magister

faf.jpg

I have not see this kind of social retardation for a long long time on V2 and I am glad those folks are not as many as before. Darktide badly needs the private-custom lobby option.
Wait, there is no option to set game to private from get-go?

A-Minish

Educated
Wait, there is no option to set game to private from get-go?
Nope, should be coming next month or in the coming months, like crafting and probably other things. You can invite friends to join your strike team but cannot set a game alone or make it prtivate in order to block any randoms joining.

Ok, from the devs :
"Now we are confident in our Dedicated Servers, we would like to take the time and answer those recurring couple of questions that remain; “Can I play Darktide solo?”, “Can I play a private game with one or two of my friends?”.

The answers will be Yes, and Yes.

We’ve been working on an option to play exclusively in Solo Mode, where you will be hosting locally your own instance with bots. Because you will be hosting the AI and other game systems locally, this will increase performance cost. However, we continue to monitor and improve the performance where we can. Solo play is in its final stages of testing as we fix the last issues that remain. We aim to release this at Launch. If not, a patch shortly after that in December.

We have recently begun implementing Private Games as an option, and we’re in the middle stages of development for this. When launched, you can start a private game with 2-4 of your friends. We expect to be able to release this later in December.

We heard your feedback on these topics and needed some time to investigate the solutions we had available to us. We hope you enjoy these features when released and welcome further input on them.
"

Source : https://steamcommunity.com/games/1361210/announcements/detail/3467237196849592011

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, lets see how this goes.
They put dedicated servers on the roadmap for Vermitide 2 as well, so the answers were also Yes and Yes.
But then they removed it so the answers turned to NO and NO, and Fatshark defended themselves by delivering this memorable response - "when we promise something, but than decide no to do it, it's not a lie, but simply no longer the truth".

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It also sucks you dry and straight up kills you. Though I've only seen him do this to two people at most. Maybe it depends on difficulty.

A-Minish

Educated
Well, lets see how this goes.
They put dedicated servers on the roadmap for Vermitide 2 as well, so the answers were also Yes and Yes.
But then they removed it so the answers turned to NO and NO, and Fatshark defended themselves by delivering this memorable response - "when we promise something, but than decide no to do it, it's not a lie, but simply no longer the truth".
Do not forget the Versus game mode, annonced and never to be seen again(might not be a big loss though). That is exactly why I am cautious, not pessimistic nor optimistic, just cautious.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I have a fun game for you, guys.
I want you to guess which of these weapons deals the most amount of damage (to an unarmored part)

rOiUhTo.png
xs3K2C2.png
aLzMRr6.png

If you guessed #3, the weapon with the least amount of "Damage" stat, the one I picked up the moment I unlocked my first Lasgun, you'd be correct. Is it because it has "High Damage" as a tag as opposed to the other two? Who the fuck knows.
The one that has the most Damage bar, the Accatran, does shit-all damage and I can barely kill an elite with my ability in a timely fashion with it.

I hope I'm missing something but I don't believe that I am. What is the point of those stats if they're just straight up wrong?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I have a fun game for you, guys.
I want you to guess which of these weapons deals the most amount of damage (to an unarmored part)

rOiUhTo.png
xs3K2C2.png
aLzMRr6.png

If you guessed #3, the weapon with the least amount of "Damage" stat, the one I picked up the moment I unlocked my first Lasgun, you'd be correct. Is it because it has "High Damage" as a tag as opposed to the other two? Who the fuck knows.
The one that has the most Damage bar, the Accatran, does shit-all damage and I can barely kill an elite with my ability in a timely fashion with it.

I hope I'm missing something but I don't believe that I am. What is the point of those stats if they're just straight up wrong?
Yeah the only way to know is to test the guns yourself in the psy-whatever simulator.

Item stats are straight up lol. Why do they even need a broken ammo stat bar when you can literally see the numerical value of the ammo?

Also lasguns use multiple "bullets" per shot. Which makes no sense on the non-charging lasguns.

Peak 2022 game design.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just hit lvl29 with my Zealot but I was already bored after lvl10.

This game makes me wish The Division 2 was not a piece of shit.

The thing is: The Division had PvP while this crap doesn't even have that.

Submitted a refund request. I'll buy the game again in 1-2 years when everything is fixed, the other 11 missing classes are added in, and it's 80%+ off. I had 110 hours when I submitted my refund request if anyone has questions.

somerandomdude

Learned
Submitted a refund request. I'll buy the game again in 1-2 years when everything is fixed, the other 11 missing classes are added in, and it's 80%+ off. I had 110 hours when I submitted my refund request if anyone has questions.
If the game is shit, then why did you play it for 110hrs? And why do you expect a refund after 110hrs?

110hrs is more hours than I've put into 95%+ of games I've played, even fully priced ones.

Because the game has built in grind before the experience that is designed and balanced around starts (max difficulty with maxed classes and perfect weapons). Except unlike Vermintide 2 where it takes 80-100-100+ hours to reach that point, in Darktide it will be closer to 2000 hours as they sextupled down on bad design decisions. Time spent idly grinding braindead mid-difficulty missions for arbitrarily timegated progression doesn't count as active gameplay in my opinion. It is also a prerelease beta so steam is obligated to honor refunds under their own terms, if anyone is interested in following suite. The whole argument of "you spent x hours on it so how can it be bad" is incredibly retarded and if you float another statement as stupid as that I am putting you on ignore as I have no patience for this type of retardation as I get older.

EDIT: My favorite game of all time and the best game of all time, Deus Ex (2000), I have only put 60-something hours into over 5+ playthroughs. Time spent playing does not equal quality.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't blame anyone for refunding, the game is currently hilariously broken. I would've stopped playing, but then I discovered a hyper cheesy zealot bleed-crit fishing build with daggers.

It's pretty hilarious with a full party of bolters, I'm the one stabbing bosses to death with a toothpick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom