Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Witcher 1 remake from The Thaumaturge devs

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had a brainstorm moment looking at all the black and ethnic minority actresses posted in the Witcher season 2 series...

If they make Triss and all the other sorceresses black, why can't I reskin them as white?
This is your Sorceress lodge by Netflix.
FbML63NXoAATChq-768x614.jpeg
The casting is shit but I would have nothing against those two thots in the lower left engaging in some tasteful onscreen lesbomancy. My favorite type of magic.
1, 5 & 6 all looked good in the show. They're also the sorceresses who won't have any nude/sex scenes. Coincidence?
What a freaking waste. Why won't they? They have a specific clause in their contracts?

I only watched season 1. Assuming the one and only white chick here is Ciri?. If they go this route for the game, then - I wonder if CDProject will get away with white woman DLC?. Just to be more inclusive and all that.

Maybe the Jews in the game industry have been trolling us this whole time to just get us so fed up with all this shit, that reskinning characters with DLC becomes acceptable?.

Semiurge

Cipher
I guess it makes sense when you look at the part of Temeria where the story takes place, but I still don't like that it's fully open world.
World-Map-Temeria.jpg
Sounds like only the main story will be a loose adaptation and we can expect lots of original side content. I'm down with that.

The main story better be the most entertaining shit ever. I wonder how evil Azar Javed is this time, will he still mix fantasy coke with tze tze fly eggs and trick a guy to snort it?

Or will zerrikanians be whitewashed to avoid this problematical characterization?

Last edited:
TW1s English version had a troubled history, mainly due to the publisher informing CDPR there are too many lines to voice. Thus the dialogues were butchered. Later the EE included an attempt at fixing it. The "phoned in extra bit" is probably a part of the EE.
Yeah, I knew they dicked around with some of the voiceover for the EE. Strangely enough though, they didn't just add in more dialogue or fix what was there, for some of it they got entirely new voice actors to re-do the whole thing and I'm not even sure that was for the better. By my estimation the guy they got to voice Dandelion in the EE sounds far worse than the guy they replaced. The original actor seems youthful and full of life, what you'd expect from a bard, whereas the EE's sounds like Bill from accounting. A passionless, bland performance. I really ought to get my hands on an original 2007 non-EE copy and make some comparison videos. I wonder what else has suffered and I wonder if some of these changes could be reverted through mods.

EE VA:

Original VA:

Well following that map by removing swimming and sailing they can very easily prevent access to the later areas ahead of time.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I loved how the Lakeside village was tucked away from all the political chaos of previous chapters. You get to do some witcher work without worrying about the looming threat of Salamandras. It was like the calm before the storm.

With the game now having a fully open world, the remoteness and isolation of Chapter 4 would no longer work.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Unless by "open world" they mean they are going to remove the loading screens between locations, while keeping the overall structure of the game intact. In this case I'm all for it.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I loved how the Lakeside village was tucked away from all the political chaos of previous chapters. You get to do some witcher work without worrying about the looming threat of Salamandras. It was like the calm before the storm.

With the game now having a fully open world, the remoteness and isolation of Chapter 4 would no longer work.
An entire Chapter 4 is not only by far one of the best things in the whole trilogy but also is the closest thing you get to be the BOOK witcher and it captures the atmosphere of the 2 first novels perfectly. Oh and of course DAT music...mmmmmm....

Peachcurl

Cipher
I want to know who the fuck thought this was good design on any level. Your map magically knowing where every interesting thing in the world is located is ridiculous. At least in TES games you have to visit shit for it to appear first.
It's even worse. 95% of those markers are _not_ interesting. At all.

Old Hans

Arcane
I want to know who the fuck thought this was good design on any level. Your map magically knowing where every interesting thing in the world is located is ridiculous. At least in TES games you have to visit shit for it to appear first.
and the best part it's full of nothing but rope ladders, balls of yarn, iron ore and a horseshoe that you can break down into iron ore. very exciting stuff

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want to know who the fuck thought this was good design on any level.
This guy, he admitted it during the next gen upgrade stream. And yes, he's German.
image.png
The context is that he mentioned the fact to say he was sorry about it. It wasn't meant for all these random floating chests and barrels to be denoted on the map. Cool to know as trivia. And, you can now officially hide these - after it had been possible for quite a while, even without mods. For some reason they made news of it with this update.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First thing I did when playing Witcher 3 was turning off the map markers.
They were completely pointless anyway.
Me too. Then I had to suffer all the normies complaining about it because they are too stupid to look in the options.

Ryzer

Arcane
I want to know who the fuck thought this was good design on any level.
This guy, he admitted it during the next gen upgrade stream. And yes, he's German.
image.png
The context is that he mentioned the fact to say he was sorry about it. It wasn't meant for all these random floating chests and barrels to be denoted on the map. Cool to know as trivia. And, you can now officially hide these - after it had been possible for quite a while, even without mods. For some reason they made news of it with this update.
Philipp never played a Gothic game as a German.
How unpatriotic.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What the hell's wrong with the videogame industry, it feels like half the games coming out from AAA companies are remasters/remakes at this point
Sometimes they remaster the remaster

Why do people buy into this shit?

Consoles would be my guess. Only way to play older games on new consoles is to buy them again, and the only way they can con people into doing that is by promising a complete visual overall so the game looks "next gen" plus they can now charge you full price for it.

Codex Year of the Donut
First thing I did when playing Witcher 3 was turning off the map markers.
They were completely pointless anyway.
Me too. Then I had to suffer all the normies complaining about it because they are too stupid to look in the options.

pro-tip:
games are designed around the default options
you disabling the icons doesn't fix the game being designed around those icons, the game is still full of worthless open world chore bullshit

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
pro-tip:
you disabling the icons doesn't fix the game being designed around those icons, the game is still full of worthless open world chore bullshit
You don't (and I didn't) have to do any of it. Counting the DLCs, there is over 100 hours of content just doing real sidequests and the main quest.

Codex Year of the Donut
pro-tip:
You don't (and I didn't) have to do any of it. Counting the DLCs, there is over 100 hours of content just doing real sidequests and the main quest.
Like getting served dinner and the cook takes a giant shit on the plate. "Just eat around it, bro"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom