Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Even Infinishill was wise enough to leave this one alone.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Must everything suck?

Anyway, game doesn't look too bad going by video reviews, kinda what I expected, but the performance issues mentioned on PC sucks a lot. People with 3080ti having problem, yeah okay. It's holding me back from buying.

One thing I notice watching reviews that I will give the devs big cred for is the UI. It's minimal with no fucking hit markers.

Fargus

Arcane
Lots of bad reviews from people with 30 series cards lmao

Also when your game has only 29% positive rating at release you know you fucked up. I'm not even sure Arkham Knight was that bad at release. They should probably temporarily disable the sales on steam to save face.

I got it with chump change 75% off price when they fucked up with the regional prices (because of course) in the first day on steam so i can't complain that much :D Still can refund it if i want to.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Apologize

dead-space-3-box-art.jpg

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I normally tolerate inconsistent performance but this is an exception, it stutters to the point that the game's legitimately unplayable. I'm talking about standing in one place, spinning the camera 360 degrees can make the game go from 100fps to 2fps. Whenever the protagonist does something that produces a new graphical effect no matter how minuscule (e.g cutting wire which creates a sparkle), it would fucking FREEZES for half a second. It even produces unintentional comedy gold like a scripted section where the protag crawls inside a vent, the camera would pan to a blocked vent on the right side to show a corpse getting dragged away, but it stuttered so hard I only saw a single frame showing an empty vent (with sound effect of the dragging still playing normally) before the camera returning to the protag's back.

This is on 5600X, RTX 3080, 48GB VRAM, 1440p medium setting, no raytracing, DX11 (which gives a 5fps boost compared to DX12 based on my experience). It's visually gorgeous for sure but it's genuinely difficult to properly play the game with this performance, let alone enjoy it. A Plague Tale Requiem is drop dead gorgeous and difficult to run on high framerate, but overall I could count like 2 or 3 very quick stutters at most during my playthrough. This game goes from 100fps to 56 to 72 to 111 to 8 to 15 to 80 within 5 seconds of gameplay, that's how bad it is.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I normally tolerate inconsistent performance but this is an exception, it stutters to the point that the game's legitimately unplayable. I'm talking about standing in one place, spinning the camera 360 degrees can make the game go from 100fps to 2fps. Whenever the protagonist does something that produces a new graphical effect no matter how minuscule (e.g cutting wire which creates a sparkle), it would fucking FREEZES for half a second. It even produces unintentional comedy gold like a scripted section where the protag crawls inside a vent, the camera would pan to a blocked vent on the right side to show a corpse getting dragged away, but it stuttered so hard I only saw a single frame showing an empty vent (with sound effect of the dragging still playing normally) before the camera returning to the protag's back.

This is on 5600X, RTX 3080, 48GB VRAM, 1440p medium setting, no raytracing, DX11 (which gives a 5fps boost compared to DX12 based on my experience). It's visually gorgeous for sure but it's genuinely difficult to properly play the game with this performance, let alone enjoy it. A Plague Tale Requiem is drop dead gorgeous and difficult to run on high framerate, but overall I could count like 2 or 3 very quick stutters during my playthrough. This game goes from 100fps to 56 to 72 to 111 to 8 to 15 to 80 within 5 seconds of gameplay, that's how bad it is.
How the hell did issues like this make it through? I don't get it. Is there no pride in anything made?

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
As usual poorfags that can't afford current hardware tank the PC scores, this is why game devs hate PC users people. Waaah waaah, why doesn't this state of the art game run on smooth as silk my Pentium dual-core from 2007??? The Glen has done it again and Morgoth is seething hard postin some no-name youtuber reviews as if it means something. Mark my fucking words this game will be looked back on as a classic next gen.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Give me ten reasons why you think this will be considered a classic in the future.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
As usual poorfags that can't afford current hardware tank the PC scores, this is why game devs hate PC users people. Waaah waaah, why doesn't this state of the art game run on smooth as silk my Pentium dual-core from 2007??? The Glen has done it again and Morgoth is seething hard postin some no-name youtuber reviews as if it means something. Mark my fucking words this game will be looked back on as a classic next gen.

Imagine being a retard who knows nothing about PC hardware and lack even a rudimentary knowledge about gpu computing and game engines. You are not a gamer, you are a consoomer.

vibehunter

Learned
The late embargo combined with the last-minute Denuvo has me convinced that they know their game is dogshit. Delay reviews, make it difficult to pirate, and hope to squeeze some sales from retard gamers.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The late embargo combined with the last-minute Denuvo has me convinced that they know their game is dogshit. Delay reviews, make it difficult to pirate, and hope to squeeze some sales from retard gamers.

I'm guessing the vast majority of their sales will be made on consoles, especially on PS5 as that one is the most stable one according to Digital Foundry.

Yeah those fucking poors with their 4090s and 12900ks complaining about unplayable shader cache stutter on a popamole game that looks 12% better than 15 year old dead space

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom