Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Shoelip

Arbiter
Dad is unconscious... :|

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Have you ever met someone who had a “favorite passage from the Bible”?
Sure I have. I wouldn't be so certain if they find any reason to read it to their on-year-old son who won't understand anything of it. Maybe they do but I'm used to expect people from fictional stories to be more reasonable than the real life psychos that live around me. ;)

The party presented via LP isn't as bad as during playing. God, I was so annoyed by it. There are no items to interact so the only fun thing may be talking to people. And when I try to do this most NPCs tell me: "Why are you standing like this? It's your party, have some fun!" I'm trying, you moron, but there's nothing fun to do! Where's my mininuke launcher to kill all this assholes?

entertainer

Arbiter
Enhance your LP:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3431

3431-5-1233185651.JPG

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Someone says:
"Not all people live in happy world"
But i say another:
"Not all People live in sad world"

Then i create this mod (^_^)

(^_^)

Korgan

Arbiter
entertainer said:
Author said:
Someone says:
"Not all people live in happy world"
But i say another:
"Not all People live in sad world"

Then i create this mod (^_^)
By the way - i hate fallout lore, so dont comment about atmosphere, if you know - there many another mods community have to bringht light to the game.
Clearly, Beth has succeeded in attracting new lifeblood to the FO community.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No to defend Bethesduh, but it seems people with pirated versions, have a tendency to get a bunch of CTD's. I have a legitimate copy, and have had very few crashes (without using any mods). I tried to do a second run-through with mods.... and had a *few* crashes. But anyways, I just cant get the urge up to replay this POS again.

Anyways, Steel be with you! MOAR!

DriacKin

Arbiter
Jim Cojones said:
Have you ever met someone who had a “favorite passage from the Bible”?
Sure I have. I wouldn't be so certain if they find any reason to read it to their on-year-old son who won't understand anything of it. Maybe they do but I'm used to expect people from fictional stories to be more reasonable than the real life psychos that live around me. ;)

I suppose most of my friends are not very religious or are aetheists/agnostics. And, the few friends I have who are religious Catholics aren't pretentious enough to go around reciting Bible verses.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
oh god hatsune miku-chan!!!! KAWAIIII DESUUUUU! XDXDXDXDXD

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaesun said:
No to defend Bethesduh, but it seems people with pirated versions, have a tendency to get a bunch of CTD's. I have a legitimate copy, and have had very few crashes (without using any mods). I tried to do a second run-through with mods.... and had a *few* crashes. But anyways, I just cant get the urge up to replay this POS again.

Anyways, Steel be with you! MOAR!

My pirated version had about one crash in a month or so. And I used mods.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun said:
No to defend Bethesduh, but it seems people with pirated versions, have a tendency to get a bunch of CTD's. I have a legitimate copy, and have had very few crashes (without using any mods).

My copy is legit and got a metric ton of CTDs.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Brother None said:
Seboss said:
Wasn't your father supposed to look like your character (beyond obvious skin color), or was it just another load of crap from Bethesda?

No, his face changes depending on how you modelled your face. And it does, but it's pretty subtle. Which is good, it'd be friggin' weird if your father looked EXACTLY like you.

I never understand why Bethesda works on these gimmicky features when there are quite a lot worse immersion-breakers in the game than your daddy not looking like you. Maybe they could've made new animations, or heck, fixed the bugs, but no, they'd rather spend their time on a useless shitty feature that they can PR.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
I ROTFLed so hard at the "Dad is uncoscious" screen. :lol:

These let's plays are stellar. Go for it until the very end, and play vanilla - sacrifice yourself for the sake of this forum's general populace. Like RK47, who's actually replaying Mass Effect AGAIN in order to spread the lulz.

RPG Codex - playing bad games so that YOU don't have to.

Devadatta

Novice
Re: Part 2 – PARTY TIME!!

DriacKin said:
Here, you can target individual body parts, even though we never will. There’s no reason to ever target any body part other than the enemy’s head.
Actually when the mutants become Overlords at around level 17 you need to shoot their guns (usually tri-lasers) out of their hands else you'll get reamed. Using a Fatman on them is actually a viable method of taking them down since they're so tough. Aside from them you're right.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Kingston said:
Brother None said:
Seboss said:
Wasn't your father supposed to look like your character (beyond obvious skin color), or was it just another load of crap from Bethesda?

No, his face changes depending on how you modelled your face. And it does, but it's pretty subtle. Which is good, it'd be friggin' weird if your father looked EXACTLY like you.

I never understand why Bethesda works on these gimmicky features when there are quite a lot worse immersion-breakers in the game than your daddy not looking like you. Maybe they could've made new animations, or heck, fixed the bugs, but no, they'd rather spend their time on a useless shitty feature that they can PR.

Because "Your dad's features will change depending on how you make your character look" sounds allot better than "The animations are good now."

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Kingston said:

I agree there's no need to pay much attention to it, and certainly it was a PR-gimmick, but as for "there are quite a lot worse immersion-breakers in the game than your daddy not looking like you", I disagree for one important bit: race. If you're playing a black NPC and daddy is white, you gotta start asking him some uncomfortable questions about the milkman.

PS: one thing I never tried: if you switch race before leaving the Vault, does daddy also switch race? I assume he does, which is kind of lulzy in its own right. DriacKin, please become black. Black PC LPs are better anyway.

Rosh

Erudite
Brother None said:
I agree there's no need to pay much attention to it, and certainly it was a PR-gimmick, but as for "there are quite a lot worse immersion-breakers in the game than your daddy not looking like you", I disagree for one important bit: race. If you're playing a black NPC and daddy is white, you gotta start asking him some uncomfortable questions about the milkman.

WTF-1.png

Then there are some pretty fucked up milkmen in the Capital Wasteland. ([Sic], as it's spelled several times as such in the game.)

PS: one thing I never tried: if you switch race before leaving the Vault, does daddy also switch race? I assume he does, which is kind of lulzy in its own right. DriacKin, please become black. Black PC LPs are better anyway.

I've been thinking of a "Black MacGuyver" LP thread. That way I get a bonus to run speed.

Radisshu

Prophet
Awesome. Don't use mods, I want to see this shit how Beth intended it to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom