Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamespy Gamer's Choice RPG/MMORPG Award

What do you think the best RPG/MMORPG of the year is?

• Beyond Divinity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • City of Heroes

• EverQuest 2

• I of the Dragon

• Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle

• Sacred

• Saga of Ryzom (The)

• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

• Vendetta Online

• World of Warcraft

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Gamespy is doing their 2004 Gamer's Choice awards. You can vote on the best RPG/MMORPG here.

Maybe an admin can put this into the news section?

NOTE: On the poll I just used the same games they listed at Gamespy, so don't blame me for the choices. Personally I dislike mixing RPGs in with MMORPGs, but that's what they did.

EXTRA NOTE: I removed all the expansion packs because the forum told me I had too many poll options. Sorry, no voting for Star Wars Galaxies - Jump to Lightspeed.

chaedwards

Liturgist
That's a terrible list. What an awful year for rpgs... but how come I of the Dragon was nominated and both Seal of Evil and Kult were left out?

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Like I said, I didn't make the list, Gamespy did. They left off a lot of games. It's not my fault. I would have put Blades of Avernum, KULT, The Fall, Restricted Area, etc.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, that would be Blades of Avernum for me. I didn't think last year that this year I'd have to choose between Beyond Divinity and Sacred...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Polls are gay. [Hint] There is a reason we didn't have them for 2 years. If people want to state their opinions or indicate their favorite games, they should be able to put a few letters together. GameSpy polls are gay AND stupid. There is no reason to replicate their stupidity here.

Having said that, games that I enjoyed the most this year were BoA, BL, and Silent Storm. Neither was perfect though.

The award for the "Game that sucked the most and was promptly returned" goes to Beyond Divinity.

chaedwards

Liturgist
Yeah, I know you didn't make the list Dojoteef. It was a comment aimed at Gamespy rather than you. It's rather disturbing when the only non-mmorpgs are action-rpgs of one sort or another. Ho hum.

Oh, and VD, don't forget the poll classic that was Fallout Ranger's thread

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Thanks for reminding. That was priceless, one of the best threads ever.

suibhne

Erudite
First, the choices this year are so sparse that RPGs and MMORPGs are combined into one horrific super-genre of pain. (Do they always do this? Yuck.)

Second, the list still sucks.

Well, I have yet to play through Gothic or Wizardry 8, so I might as well get busy.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Vault Dweller said:
Polls are gay. [Hint]

Damn you're tempting me to make a thread with a poll that asks whether or not polls are gay :D.

EDIT: Removed my idiotic redundancy.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, Bloodlines is definitely the best RPG this year, but in comparison to all the good RPGs throughout the years, it falls rather short, thanks to the second half of the game, the combat areas, the boring plot, the bugs, the performance issues and all the stuff we've covered.

Sarvis

Erudite
Well, I'll vote Saga of Ryzom I guess. I mean, it had the best advertisment art. Which is all I can judge since I didn't play ANY of those games... heh.

Don't really care to either... except maybe Vampire. Maybe... I don't suppose it's at least turn based?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bloodlines. I haven't even played those other trashy games. Is this PC only? Because the x-box verison of KOTOR2 is out this week and that seems to be the only way BL can lose (though I won't play it til February anyways).

Anyways, BL it is.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Lasakon said:
What a sad, sad year for RPG's, At least in the US. I'm still waiting for Golden Land.

No kidding. But then so was last year.

As for Godlen Land 1/2...I never saw any reviews for those games. Concept is promising, though. Doesn't seem to be in English anywhere.

I'm also interested in Metalhearts and the new RPG Alleka announced.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, at least 2005 couldn't be much worse? We're getting a lot more titles that at are at least a little more rpg than most of those within the first few months...

... not saying they will be good, but at least there will be more than one.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
There's one game in 2005 that makes me quiver in my pants: Dragon Age

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom