Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Retarded Oblivion fan interview

Brillo

Novice
eightman2k said:
Taken from a modders POV...I can see how some of these questions make sense. That being said...the greatness of your mod should not depend on whether or not you can make puddles.
Of course. But those modders making new landscapes (or even just fountains/wells) were frustrated enough by Morrowind's limitations in that regard that they got the question added to the list.

Now personally I would have loved some other larger issues commented on, but Bethesda's been relatively reluctant to answer some of those questions.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Visceris said:
Hey, Vault Dweller, if you don't give a fuck about the questions why the hell post them as news on the RPG Codex site?
I dunno, 'cause they are RPG related news? You see, if I posted only the stuff I give a fuck about, we'd have, like, 10 news posts a year. So, while your personality disorders are fascinating, we need something else to talk about.:wink:

Why give news space on something you couldn't give a rat's ass about? That is just plain stupid.
What else would we do with the news space? Lease it to you so you can write your famous reviews?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
This isn't 'Vault Dweller's Codex'. I don't think anyone wants to open up the front page and have your opinion jammed down their throat.

Report the news. Post your opinion. Let others post theirs. Don't report your opinion.

Visceris

Liturgist
Oh sure, bring up the ancient past I see. :shock:

To be on topic here how the hell is a bunch of dumbass questions be considered newsworthy? I am just saying that the News spot on the front page should be something worthwhile and important. Posting reviews of games and industry announcements are a definitely a must, and good interviews that garner real information and not useless fluff. Crap like this shouldn't even be bothered with and you know it.

Just take this as constructive criticism, VD. If you want to talk about stupid shit like this then just post it here on the forums. Keep the front page full of shit that is important and worth noting.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Come on Vault Dweller, you can do better than this. Well, maybe not.

The Morrowind Summit is a hardcore TES mod site and the majority of the questions were asked by modders intending to find out the game's full modding capabilities. If you don't like the game, that's your call, but please don't turn the RPG Codex into your personal blog about your bias towards Oblivion.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't go about calling people 'morons' or 'retards' in my news posts, do I, Otaku? From what I understand, Saint wasn't too happy about the post, either.

It's one thing to have a little subtlety in your news posts and still keep them interesting without using derogatory terms to describe the content of the interviews/reviews and so forth. I'm sure our readers can make up their own minds about the content. You don't have to put a sign on it.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Exitium said:
I don't go about calling people 'morons' or 'retards' in my news posts, do I, Otaku?

Oh. I just like saying "Pot. Kettle. Black." is all. Nothing aimed at you. Plus, I'm really fond of the rolling eye smiley. It's fucking schmexy, dude. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh stop, you are going to turn into Volourn 2.0. The next step in this course would be losing all of your spelling capabilities.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yo umea nlik ethi s? :P :lol: :lol: :P

Seriously though, I was just egging you is all. Felt like spreading a bit of the love that was going around in this thread and I had just got done reading the whole pot and kettle discussion going on in another thread. But, you have to admit, that rolly eyed smiley is fucking hawt!

:roll:

Oh yeah...

Vault Dweller

Developer
Kamaz said:
Though, must admit, some of the question are really..err..strange. Anyways, there must be some reason they asked.
Yes, there is. People who asked them are stupid. I hope you can deal with that.

Vault Dweller

Developer
jiujitsu said:
This isn't 'Vault Dweller's Codex'. I don't think anyone wants to open up the front page and have your opinion jammed down their throat.
Remind me, who the fuck are you again?

Report the news. Post your opinion. Let others post theirs. Don't report your opinion.
You must have some form of reading disability. I thought I made it clear that if I wanted your or anybody else's opinion, I would have asked for it. And if I decide to ask someone, that would be one of the regular patrons with more than a handful of posts, who can actually offer opinions instead of whiny complaints.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Visceris said:
Just take this as constructive criticism, VD. If you want to talk about stupid shit like this then just post it here on the forums. Keep the front page full of shit that is important and worth noting.
I somewhat agree with you here, Visc, but like I said the problem is that if we start posting only "newsworthy" items, we'd have about 3-5 quality news posts a week. That's not enough so we post everything that relates to PC RPGs, letting our forum members figure out what they actually care about and want to discuss. FREEDAM!!! lol

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Remind me, who the fuck are you again?

You must have some form of reading disability. I thought I made it clear that if I wanted your or anybody else's opinion, I would have asked for it. And if I decide to ask someone, that would be one of the regular patrons with more than a handful of posts, who can actually offer opinions instead of whiny complaints.

Why the sudden weight of importance of post counts, Vault Dweller? Jiu's got a point, and it's no less valid just because he only has 160 posts under his belt. He's a regular, but he doesn't post much.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Come on Vault Dweller, you can do better than this. Well, maybe not.

The Morrowind Summit is a hardcore TES mod site and the majority of the questions were asked by modders intending to find out the game's full modding capabilities. If you don't like the game, that's your call, but please don't turn the RPG Codex into your personal blog about your bias towards Oblivion.
Did I say anything negative about Oblivion in the post? Nope. In fact, I'm interested in the game, especially after Gavin's interview and MSFD's answers to some questions.

Now, in regard to the popular claim that many questions were asked by and for modders. That claim is as retarded as the questions unless someone is going to make a mod about jumping in puddles. Same applies to all the questions listed in the news post. Even Todd stated that he doesn't understand one of the questions, so what the fuck are we talking about here?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I never disagreed with you that some of the questions were downright idiotic, but is there really a need to state this as some explicit fact on the news post? I'm sure our readers can make up their own minds without having you tell them how and what to think.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Why the sudden weight of importance of post counts, Vault Dweller? Jiu's got a point, and it's no less valid just because he only has 160 posts under his belt. He's a regular, but he doesn't post much.
It's not a weight of importance of post counts, but if you expect me to jump and change my style every time a noob (sorry, Jiu, nothing personal) asks me to, that would be kinda stupid, don't you think? As you said, Jiu doesn't post much, doesn't offer his opinions, and I can't say that I recall seeing a meaningful post from him. Not enough to take him seriously and listen to.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
I never disagreed with you that some of the questions were downright idiotic, but is there really a need to state this as some explicit fact on the news post? I'm sure our readers can make up their own minds without having you tell them how and what to think.
In that case, I'm sure that our readers would be able to make up their minds even I tell them what I think.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Part of making the RPG Codex a better website is to drop the whole 'elitist vs noobs' culture that we have going on right now. A lot of users find it difficult to make any posts out of fear that they'll be bombarded with "OMG you noob! Shut the fuck up you fucking retard." responses from the regulars.

I know that I'd feel very out of place on any forum that treated its 'newbies' that way.

In that case, I'm sure that our readers would be able to make up their minds even I tell them what I think.
You can post what you think in a subtle way. You don't have to call everyone a retard, a moron, or an idiot just to get your point across. Besides, this isn't your blog.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I thought I made it clear that if I wanted your or anybody else's opinion, I would have asked for it.

Yea, that goes for us too. So, could you please stop posting yours in the headlines.

I wouldn't care at all if you made a post expressing your distaste with the questions and those who asked them. But when you post it as news on the front page it makes this site and you look unprofessional.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Part of making the RPG Codex a better website is to drop the whole 'elitist vs noobs' culture that we have going on right now. A lot of users find it difficult to make any posts out of fear that they'll be bombarded with "OMG you noob! Shut the fuck up you fucking retard." responses from the regulars.

I know that I'd feel very out of place on any forum that treated its 'newbies' that way.
Bullshit and you know it. Those noobs that get flamed are morons or asking for it:

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4581
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5023

There are plenty of people who've joined the site and didn't get flamed. Why? It's teh mystary! Well, actually, it's not. They don't behave like morons or asked for it.

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=17926
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5911

Whipporowill

Erudite
People get flamed because they're stupid, don't do their homework and simply have no idea where they turn up. On the other hand, we generally get quality posters that stick around - although often somewhat tainted after having survived the rough luvin' of the Codex.

Vault Dweller

Developer
jiujitsu said:
Yea, that goes for us too. So, could you please stop posting yours in the headlines.
I'm afraid that isn't an option at the moment, and I will do as I please as long as I'm a part of the staff. Once again, if you prefer different style, try RPG Dot.

But when you post it as news on the front page it makes this site and you look unprofessional.
What's being professional then? Being nice and playing kissy-kissy with reviewers and developers? Aint my style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom