Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate series mods

Jinxed

Liturgist
I know this has been mentioned somewhere here, but I can't seem to find it... Anyway, I want to replay the bg series, but I never played them with any mods, could anyone tell me what good mods and tweaks I should get? I played every bg game and addon vanilla, so I don't mind mods, that one that makes the whole game into one world sounds cool. Cheers.

69003051.png

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At least the fucking fixpack, ub, tweakpack and ascension.

Melcar

Arcane
For vanilla BG there aren't that many mods that are worthwhile. However, if you choose to play the game with either the BGT or BGTuTu mods you have a few options; you can use the very well done BG1NPC mod, not to mention many of the mods for BG2 that are designed to "tweak" the engine and game rules.
For BG2 proper you have much more options. The better mods out there in my opinion are Ascension, Quest Pack, Rogue Rebalancing, Item Revisions, BG2 Fixpack, BG2 Tweakpack, and the Widescreen mod.
Most mods can be found at the Gibbering Three, and a few others at the Pocket Plane Group.

Mogar

Scholar
How many of these BG Mod threads have we had? I can't recommend many, at least not ones that would radically alter gameplay or story. There was this one mod that had you (trying) to redeem Irenicus that was pretty awesome because of how well it was written.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I just started a new BG2 Game and added these:

G3 Fixpack
G3 Tweeks
Ascension
Aurora Boots - New for me
Banter Pack
Quest Pack
Unfinished Business
Darker Shadows of Amn - New for me
Fading Promises - New for me
Romantic Encounters - For the lulz
Revised Battles
Tales of the Deep Garden - New for me
Item Upgrade
Tower of Deception
Check the Bodies - New for me
SCSII to tie it all together.
And the widesceen mod to make it pretty.

Melcar

Arcane
oldmanpaco said:
I just started a new BG2 Game and added these:

G3 Fixpack
G3 Tweeks
Ascension
Aurora Boots - New for me
Banter Pack
Quest Pack
Unfinished Business
Darker Shadows of Amn - New for me
Fading Promises - New for me
Romantic Encounters - For the lulz
Revised Battles
Tales of the Deep Garden - New for me
Item Upgrade
Tower of Deception
Check the Bodies - New for me
SCSII to tie it all together.
And the widesceen mod to make it pretty.

Last time I tried to re-play BG2 I spent more time installing mods than actually playing the thing.

Ammar

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
the Longer Road mod is also ok.

I disagree. It's just one of those redeem evil NPC x mods. Who is overpowered as well.

@oldmanpaco List:

Too many quest mods which add XP. Screws up the balance. I'd just stick with Fixes, Tweakpack, Ascension, Unfinished Business and maybe Questpack and Rogue Rebalancing.
If the battles are too easy, I'd recommend Sword Coast Stratagems. Only difficulty enhancing mod without enemies who cheat like there's no tomorrow.

hiver

Dungeon be gone is absolutely essential.

Unfinished business expands on quests that were cut out, many.

Some kind of tactics mod that improves battles and enemies.

Ease of use has a lot of features, a lot.

And you can try a few new NPCs mods. fully voiced and everything. With sidequests too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom