Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Will probably pick that one, hoping to see other Codexers there (if I keep playing the game anyway).

Warden

Arbiter
I played the 10 day free trial about 1 year ago.

It's the first MMO I've ever played and it was nice. Cute graphics and nice people. It was surprising that all people I played with were polite. There was even one guy from Portugal who was roleplaying his character with me so I did it too a little while playing with him. Not that I like roleplaying all that much.

The negative things were: insignificant death penality, being able to give other players gold and items (my first character was male and when I was given some gold I accepted but later I couldn't keep playing the character because it felt like cheating so I created a new female character :) ), having to click repeatedly or hold the mouse button down to attack and being able to go on much higher level adventures with high level characters while you're low level.

If there was a permadeath mode (3 deaths for example and you're gone) I'd play it again.

[Jez]

Novice
My isp triggers some anti cheat/goldfarming thingy so I cant even play free mmos :/

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We play on Thelanis, my nick is riclic or something like that.

really guys, rull on t., it's where the action's at.

regarding the f2p version, those is US only, meaning you can play on US servers only. other than that...no difference.

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
Sadly, I am on Sarlona with my level 13 cleric, level 10 ranger and level 12 wizard. Too lazy to even play the game or reroll. /sigh

made

Arcane
Rumor has it you either need a rare drop or pay money to level up past lvl 4. Confirm/deny?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
So far the game is fun, and I like what they did with the ruleset — playing Knights of the Chalice means I'm still fresh on the feats and other things. I'm not very far and wouldn't mind re-rolling on another server, but only if other Codexers also go there. Because if I reroll and discover you guys go on Cannith, I'd be annoyed.

Mystary!

Arcane
My european account is free, still had to sign up for a month subscription thou, at no cost. Maybe because I re-subscried from an old account I had.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing on Cannith too, level 2 fight-paladin, name of Dragonbadass McDragonslayer!

Wouldn't mind some help with Stormreach quests, was just killed by a bugbear. :/

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I ran through a pretty cool dungeon by myself earlier today. Had an optional quest to set free 10 prisoners - had to hunt for some levers and their combinations but it was a little too easy.

Best part though was skeleton mage I had to find. It popped up as an optional quest on the journal, but it sure as hell wasn't obvious on the map. I ran around until I finally noticed an alcove that you couldn't naturally climb up to. Instead, I had to hop across three horizontal beams that were far apart (just barely close enough for jumping distance). I suck at platforming, so what did I do, as a level 2 Wizard? I dug out my Scroll of Featherfall, and this allowed me to slow down my landings to a controllable pace.

Honestly, using a magical spell not for damage, debuff, or buffing - in an MMORPG, much less an RPG? What gives?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
You can also buff the jumping skill for that. Potions can be easy to find for that purpose. Again, a skill not used for combat, crafting or something like that is pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom