Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm gonna LP KotOR!!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
What about a Lionheart LP?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Dark Matter said:
It's pretty clear the Codex loves games like Fallout 3 and KOTOR if they can not only finish the game...but also be willing to do a LP of it.

Bunch of elitist-wannabe posers.
It's not quite the same.

Playing a bad game with yourself is a pointless endeavour.

Playing it and showing it to everyone for humour actually achieves something.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
DriacKin, I've been meaning to do an LP for a while now, so I'll use you to influence the Codex masses:

If you decide to do KOTOR, I'll do a serious KOTOR2-esque LP of MotB. I've played it a few times so I believe I can pull it off. If you do MotB, I'll do a LP of Gorky 17, in a Shadow of the Comet style. I don't want to touch KOTOR, ever.

DaveO

Erudite
I'd say Planescape: Torment, but the 'love' seems to be for KotoR.

Angthoron

Arcane
One should only do a Planescape: Torment LP in case they're sentenced for life in a single-person cell.

Not because it's bad, no. It's awesome. It's just so goddamned vast that it would take years to make a meaningful LP of it if the player has anything at all to do. And even if they don't it will still take them years to make the LP entertaining without just copypasting the screenshots without comments.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Well, it seems that Knights of the Old Republic is the overwhelming winner!!!

That being said, should we play with a male or female hero? If I remember correctly, the only difference is the romance option that you get.
So, do we play a male and have Bastila fall in love with us, or play as a chick and get Carth?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
DriacKin said:
Well, it seems that Knights of the Old Republic is the overwhelming winner!!!

That being said, should we play with a male or female hero? If I remember correctly, the only difference is the romance option that you get.
So, do we play a male and have Bastila fall in love with us, or play as a chick and get Carth?
If you play as a chick, Carth will make dirty sexist old man jokes in order to flirt with you, including cringe-worthy "humour" dialogue about how he wants to "spank" you to "set you straight".

You get to make sarcastic lady jokes at him to put him down, including lines as smug as, "You're too old for me, old man",.etc,.etc,.etc.

Pliskin

Arbiter
I'd say play Female, and go Dark Side --- as betrayal favors the female temperament (*nudge, nudge --- wink, wink*). But... to experience the game as intended by the designers, you have to go Male, Light Side. No way around it.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Flip a coin. Both romances are equally bad. The one with Bastila because of the corny "Love is forbidden for the Jedi!" bullshit that makes Episode II look like a modern masterpiece of romantic fiction; the one with Carth because of how quickly he starts making moves on Revan (SPOILERS, LULZ!), despite supposedly being a mourning widower who'll never, ever forget his beloved wife.

Oh, and do LP JE after you're done with KotOR.

DriacKin said:
Note: I'm judging the success of my F3 LP solely based on the massive length of the thread (which extended over 38 pages).

Some of these consisting of me playing devil's advocate. For my help, I demand tribute in form of a black jedi PC named Scooba Dinks. Bonus points for Sith route and making Bastilla your sexual slave :Q

(thought tbh I'd think a female would be better because I guess most people here played as males. I usually play as females but I wanted to go with the chinese looking dude)

But A Lionheart LP would be amusing if only for seeing your sanity slip little by little

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Angthoron said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Do a canon run. Male Naver, good alignment.
This, though if you want, you could use the Bastila lesbian mod.

I'd say the most hilarious thing about the Bastila romance is how damn hard the designers try to force it on you.

EDIT: The Bastila romance also has friends with benefits. And you could dedicate the LP to ever.

EDIT2: But seriously, the Star Forge dialogue with Bastila are just so cringe-worthy you can't miss the chance.

DriacKin

Arbiter
I've decided to play a female main character. Thus, all of you guys can just assume that our character is actually a tranny. :P

I should post the first update by tomorrow.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Then you must use the mod that lets a female character romance bastilla, so you can really role-play as a tranny.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
ghostdog said:
Then you must use the mod that lets a female character romance bastilla, so you can really role-play as a tranny.
I think some of the dialogue even refers to the PC as a he.

So yea, do it motherfucker! Tranny LP with Bastila romance!

DriacKin

Arbiter
ghostdog said:

Does the lesbian Bastilla mod still allow you to seduce Carth?

Wulfstand

Prophet
dragonfk said:
PS.
Play as an evil character.

This, 'specially if it's also "canonical" to kotor 2.

ghostdog said:

Hell no, why not just be a bad ass mofo with a bad ass (but straight) bitch by your side instead of being some of sma's fetish incarnations...

Pliskin

Arbiter
Wulfstand said:
Hell no, why not just be a bad ass mofo with a bad ass (but straight) bitch by your side instead of being some of sma's fetish incarnations...

screenshot8dsbastilams6.jpg

Because it's all about the fetish, bubi.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 1 – A long time ago in a galaxy really clichéd…

i3.jpg
Hi guys. After 2 pages of bullshitting, it’s about time that I finally start the LP.

001.jpg

FACT: I don’t still have the original box or manual. However, I do still have the original case.

And, this is the back of the case:
002.jpg

i3.jpg
Notice how the words ‘Choose Your Path’ are in big bold letters. Clearly, this game is gonna have tons of choices <s>and consequences</s>, right?

003.jpg

FACT: Knights of the Old Republic was released before it became popular to release games on DVD. As a result, it extends over 4 fucking discs.

004.jpg

i3.jpg
Note how each disc is a different color. This was intentionally done to symbolize the diversity and non-linearity of the game.

005.jpg

i3.jpg
[Jedi Insight] Clicking the ‘New Game’ button starts a new game!!

006.jpg

By popular demand, we decide to play a chick. I picked scoundrel for our class, because playing a fighter is just really fucking boring.

007.jpg

This was the manliest looking female avatar available to us.

008.jpg

009.jpg

The game also asks us to choose a feat. None of this stuff really matters, as combat in this game is almost always a joke.

010.jpg

We decide to name our hero after Codex’s favorite BioWare fanboy.

VolournSmall.jpg
R00fles!!

i3.jpg
And, now that character creation is done, we can finally start the game!!

011.jpg

Actually, we have to sit through this cut-scene before we start.

012.jpg

If you want to watch this huge text wall fly through space in real time, you can watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFiqzv4B ... re=related
013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Bla, bla, bla... Essentially, there’s a really EVIL dude named Malak who’s trying to take over the galaxy, for no other reason that because he’s EVIL.

Following that, we see a space battle. This ship seems to be under attack.
019.jpg

020.jpg

VolournSmall.jpg
That’s me!!

021.jpg

And, here’s a close up shot of our beautiful hero.

022.jpg

Just like almost every other crappy science fiction story ever made, this game starts off with our ship under attack.

023.jpg

i3.jpg
Thank fucking god they told me to ‘left-click here to select this reponse.’ :roll:

VolournSmall.jpg
BioWare is so helpful! :P

So anyway, who exactly is this old dude with grey hair and a silly uniform, you ask?
024.jpg

025.jpg

This line of dialogue only played because we chose the ‘Scoundrel’ class.

VolournSmall.jpg
Actually, I can’t remember much about my past... I’m sure that won’t haunt me later on in the game. Not at all.

026.jpg

VolournSmall.jpg
Who the hell is Bastila?

TraskSmall.jpg
Bastila’s the commanding officer on the Endar Spire. She’s the one in charge of this mission.

TraskSmall.jpg
One of our primary duties is to guarantee her survival in the event of enemy attack! You swore an oath just like everyone else on this mission.

VolournSmall.jpg
Fuck her. We should just head for the escape pods without her.

027.jpg

VolournSmall.jpg
:(

i3.jpg
Also, this is a lie. The sith are, in fact, quite easy to kill.

Anyway, we finally have control of our character. Thus begins the adventures of tranny jedi Volourn.
028.jpg

Anyway, that locker holds some clothes as well as a few weapons.

029.jpg

And here’s what we look like after we put on our clothes.

But, unfortunately, we can’t even walk for 10 fucking seconds before getting punched in the face with moar cutscene.
030.jpg

Meet Carth. He talks to us over our personal communicator.
Also, for those of you who are too lazy to play this yourself, he
eventually becomes our bitch.

031.jpg

VolournSmall.jpg
Well, it seems that I’m not the only one who has a crush on him. :P

032.jpg

We walk about three steps until we slam into another cutscene:
033.jpg

A bunch of dudes wearing aluminum foil helmets attack us.

COMBAT TUTORIAL!!!!!
034.jpg

i3.jpg
Combat in KotOR is pretty simple. All you have to is click on one of the enemies once; wait about 20 seconds until he’s dead, and repeat until all the enemies are dead.

035.jpg

So, after another few minutes, we come upon a couple jedi fighting each other.

036.jpg

Conveniently, both of them die in the fight, so we don’t have to worry about either one of them.

VolournSmall.jpg
So...in other words, that entire cutscene was completely pointless. :sigh:

037.jpg

As the caption states, this door leads to the ship’s bridge. If you remember, Carth had told us to head for the bridge.

038.jpg

VolournSmall.jpg
What the hell? I’m not even allowed to pick what weapon I’m using?

i3.jpg
Exactly. The game doesn’t let us proceed until we switch to our melee weapon.

039.jpg

Thus, the game forces us to use our melee weapons to kill these dudes, despite the fact that we’re a rogue-type character and are much more skilled with ranged weapons...

040.jpg

Anyway, we’ve arrived at the bridge, according to Carth’s orders. However, it seems to be completely abandoned.

041.jpg

As we try to leave the bridge, the game gives us a tutorial of the level up screen.

VolournSmall.jpg
LEVEL UP!!!

042.jpg

While leveling up, we get to choose where we place some fairly meaningless skill points.

043.jpg

But, as we open the door, we find a dark jedi dude waiting for us.

i3.jpg
This is cool. Seems like we might have a challenging fight ahead of us!

044.jpg

But, instead of letting us fight the dude, Trask decides to tackle him all alone.

VolournSmall.jpg
Oh. He’s such a sweetie!!

i3.jpg
WTF? Trask just decided to sacrifice himself for the sake of some chick he just met like 5 minutes ago?

VolournSmall.jpg
Don’t be jealous. I just have that effect on big strong guys. :D

i3.jpg

045.jpg

As the little caption states, the game doesn’t even give us the option of helping Trask.

So...instead, we head through the other door, which leads us to yet another cutscene.
046.jpg

047.jpg

i3.jpg
We’re the ‘last surviving crew member’? So that means Trask got killed by the dark jedi dude?

VolournSmall.jpg
:lol: Stupid men.

Anyway, after a few more fights, we meet the super orgasmic legendary awesome soldier himself:
048.jpg

i3.jpg
Meh. For a super legendary soldier, he seems like a damn coward.

VolournSmall.jpg
Whatever. I think he’s cute. :P

049.jpg

i3.jpg
There’s only one escape pod, so I think that means that we’re gonna have to share the share it with Carth.

VolournSmall.jpg
:D

And for completing this stage, BioWare rewards us with another cutscene.
050.jpg

This is our escape pod. The ship in the background was the Endar Spire.

051.jpg

And in stereotypical action movie fashion, the ship blows up two seconds after we escape.

052.jpg

We land on a nearby planet.

053.jpg

We seemed to have crashed into the middle of the city.

And, thus ends the game’s tutorial stage.

i3.jpg
That wasn’t too painful. At least it didn’t last like 2 hours like Fallout 3’s tutorial did.

End of Part 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom