Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay's back in publishing business

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Interplay

According to the <a href=http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041223/deth002_1.html>Q3 2004 report</a>, Interplay has signed an agreement with Majorem to publish and distribute <a href=http://www.ballerium.com/>Ballerium</a>, a MMORTS, code-named Ballshit. Here is a snipet from the press-release:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Shit development methods, shit for gameplay (oh, so it's ALL combat now...), the design concepts are so dull behind them without much tying them together other than they fight (the about page has more hype and self-fellating than actual description about the game, unless you think that should be nothing more than a descript of buildings and units like these brain-doners), the art design looks like they need someone other than a programmer creating placeholders to work in art design, it looks like they were dropped by their last publisher after a year (7th Day Entertainment, a publisher based in Taiwan), and this title has every indication of being a title typical of Herve's poor integrity around the video game industry. </blockquote>
<br>
Another brilliant decision by Herve. In unrelated news, Phil Adams, the president of Interplay, has resigned, and the company has lost 1.5 mil. Looks like Interplay is heading straight for the core of the planet.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>EvoG</b> and <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com>NMA</a>

DemonKing

Arcane
What happened to FOOL?

Has Herve forgotten where his real fans truely are?!?!?

Anyway I predict that Ballerium or whatever its called will be sold in "retro" plastic zip-lock bags with a photocopied manual ala Richard Garriot's first game.

freelance

Novice
Putting down Ballerium because the mangled remains of Interplay publish it isn’t that fair.
It looks ok for a RTS game and with its MMO component it’s certainly unique.

Rosh

Erudite
freelance said:
Putting down Ballerium because the mangled remains of Interplay publish it isn’t that fair.

No, it's put down because everything about it reeks of half-ass hype and bullshit. Even the first time they tried to claim that it was the first, other titles managed to be the first MMORTS games, have managed to look better, and Sovereign was far more interesting than this shit, and it was cancelled.

Too bad Vault Dweller didn't include the other vital part, about how piss-poor the beta "testing" is handled. Apparently, the beta "testers" are all morons as well.

It looks ok for a RTS game and with its MMO component it’s certainly unique.

Wow, it looks like they now have a target audience!

Here's about the only thing they have passing for a backstory on the site, as I'm not about to go digging through their forums any more than I need to (the rampant retardation is repugnant), unless the backstory is to be later added in like a cheap polish.

Seven sentient races (also known as "The Seven Children of the Sun") inhabit the world of Ballerium – one for each phase of the sun, and one for the time of darkness. Each race embodies a philosophy, or discipline, typical of that race.

Enthralling. Ballerium is an apropos name, as it is clearly set in a place where seven distinct races all suck balls.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
We should all start a campaign to mail Herve job applications from places like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and various department stores. We can urge him to try to use his experience to work in the video game departments "if he works hard at doing well during the interview process."

We could reassure him that he also could have a future at Burger King, McDonalds, and other fine restaurants. In those businesses, he draw on his expertise for rushing slop out the door.

Herve certainly has some skills, and there's an ideal job out there for everyone.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Ten to one Herve gets the name of the game changed to BAWLSerium.

*rimshot*

ps. I can't believe Rosh missed the OBVIOUS JOKE.

Rosh

Erudite

Rosh

Erudite
No, it's a fansite that manages to have more description (however mind-numblingly dull it is) about the backstory and setting than the official site.

Rosh

Erudite
Not your fault, really, with how craptacularly designed the official shite is. :D

Dan

Liturgist
There's just one thing I can't really decide.

Who's more moronic? Caen for trying to fund something that has dubious chance of success (obviously, quality is not a factor, but at least profit) or this game company for signing a contract with... with Interplay, a publishing company that doesn't have a website probably because they can't afford it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This game looks like balls. I mean for fucks sakes, if you can't design proper 3d graphics, just stick to 2d. I don't know what it is with game development houses who insist on using sub-par 3d graphics when some cell-art like that of Ragnarok Online, or the 2d pixelart of that old RTS 'Z' would probably look a billion times better than anything they can pull out of 3dsmax and it'd have a tinge of ja nais se qois, to boot. People love that.

After looking at Ballerium I can't decide what's worse: the awful graphics with its primary colors or the confusing interface. Not to mention how the city-terrain looks like a road texture slabbed onto a rolling hill with ripples. That's pretty ugly.

Stark

Liturgist
You gotta give it to Herve. He just refuses to die away.

I actually wish FOOL got made, that way i can enjoy looking at it tank hard. Muahaha!!!

oops... so much for the spirit of Chistmas...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Merde, what a spectacular piece of crap that is. Really, I see shovelware in pc fair bargain bins that looks more interesting than this. I can't believe that this guy is still trying to peddle manure to innocent buyers.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Exitium said:
...ja nais se qois...

Wow. Might I suggest sticking to English to avoid further embarassment?
Pardon my French but I don't give a fuck how it's spelt. I don't speak French and don't have any intention of learning it. As long as it gets the point across, who gives a fuck? Probably the French, but then again, who gives a fuck about the French?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Transcendent One said:
OMG WTF EXITUM IS LIEK SO CORECT HOO GIVS A FUK BOUT SPELING NO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You made baby RP cry :cry: Go away scary man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom