Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires 3

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Some screenshots were just released, and it looks awesome:
1104849842_1.jpg

However, I've never been a fan of the AOE series and would much rather see graphics like that in a turn based strategy game like Age of Wonders, Jagged Alliance 2, or an RTS like Myth.

Rest of the screenies: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33798353

Fez

Erudite
I see they are now including that overused "light bloom" effect. Everyone and his cousin includes that now as it makes shitty graphics look better by obscuring them. If you look past the light bloom it is nothing special. Not that I'd condemn it for that of course.

xemous

Arcane
that light bloom thing is shit. it makes everything look cheap and fake. i hope theres an option to remove it.

sometimes in rts, when you go for graphics that complex, it will ultimatley fuck up the gameplay in some way. aom is as good as it gets.

there also using the same physcis engine as hl2(havok), now god, that is fkn stupid. as if i give a fuck about a realistic physics engine in a rts.

/edit

i change my mind, damn those are some nice graphics.

Avé

Liturgist
All the graphics are too bright... too vivid... too distracting.

Fez

Erudite
Sounds like a cross between the previous titles and Colonisation.

I'm glad they are not relying on gamespy for multiplayer games.

Fez

Erudite
Age of Mythology, it's quite good. Though not my favourite.

Fez

Erudite
They aren't that bad, they just feel a bit generic nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom