Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Silellak

Cipher
Nostradumbass said:
circ said:
Hey Trash, is the combat animation as bad as in the previews? Aka just dudes slashing, no thrusting or anything else.

if you want "thrusting" go play a homo simulator u HOMO

Do...do they make homo simulators with an accurate thrusting system? I'm...I'm just curious. For, you know, a...uh, friend of mine.

circ said:
AlaCarcuss said:
Exactly.

In it's own way, the codex is just as bad as the review sites and the fucktards that inhabit their forums, gushing over every new AAA game - only in reverse.

So keen to wield the hate stick, often without even playing the games in question (or not enough anyway). I'm pretty sure the reviewers at least spent a substantial amount of time with the game, before their gushing began - more than you can say about the wankers around here.

It's sad really - a pack of basement dwellers trying to earn points off each other - who's go the biggest stick?
Bleh. You people are never happy. If you don't play enough of the game the Volourn camp will say 'YOU DIDNT PLAY ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD IMPRESSION!'
If you play it too much the Volourn camp will say 'WHY DID YOU FINISH IT SO MANY TIMES IF YOU HATE IT LOL!'

There's an entire camp of Volourns?

How absolutely terrifying.

Also, no Bioware thread is complete without:

VollyFlow.jpg

Vibalist

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
Vault Dweller said:
baronjohn said:
What kind of details do you want?
Anything is better than:

My Dragon Age Impressions:

Graphics: SHIT!
Gameplay: SHIT!
Writing: SHIT!

I only played to about the part where that 20 minute video play, posted a while back, began.
In other words, you haven't seen enough and aren't in any position to judge the game yet, but you wanted to make "I HATE!!!" thread to be like everyone else. I understand.

Exactly.

In it's own way, the codex is just as bad as the review sites and the fucktards that inhabit their forums, gushing over every new AAA game - only in reverse.

So keen to wield the hate stick, often without even playing the games in question (or not enough anyway). I'm pretty sure the reviewers at least spent a substantial amount of time with the game, before their gushing began - more than you can say about the wankers around here.

It's sad really - a pack of basement dwellers trying to earn points off each other - who's go the biggest stick?

Exactly. We need someone who is more unpartial to do a review.

Starwars

Arcane
I'd also like to add that the game runs supremely well. Not a FPS hiccup in sight so far.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
gg

I played DA about 2 hours so far,graphic is nice,combat is simple at least at the beginning,i don`t know why people are whining about the camera i think its a good idea in fact i think its great, the blood is hilarious though, after i killed 2 wolfs i was covered with blood like in a horror movie(apparently the mage is the only one who is not covered with blood since he doesn`t use melee, that makes sense).The story keeps you going at least this game haves one and the music makes a good atmosphere. Stop bitching around about DA, its not a piece of art game maybe, but its playable compared to other games that just lunched.

Silellak

Cipher
IGN UK Review of PC version: 9.2

http://pc.ign.com/articles/104/1040976p1.html

To Dragon Age's credit, they remain titanic throughout. When a common problem with RPG progression is the heroes becoming richer than God and twice as powerful, it's a breath of fresh air to see a game that remains steadfastly demanding right the way through the entire campaign. There never comes a point where you can rest easy and casually run into battle without a care - every single fight in this game can kill you if you're not paying attention, no matter your level. But there is still a strong sense of progression.

:D

Origins remains tough because the challenge ups its ante as the campaign unfolds. Enemies level up alongside you, which can be a little absurd if one dwells on it – a mere Captain of the Guard towards the end turns out to be several magnitudes of order more powerful than the first giant Ogre fought at the beginning, but the trick is that the scale of the battles increase alongside you as well. What starts off as taking down uncoordinated roving bands of blaggards ends up with facing off against entire armies of beastly brethren. And all shall fall at your sword.

:rage:

1eyedking

Erudite
Black said:
Clockwork Knight said:
I was going to say something, but then
Yeah, your brain isn't capable of creating words. What else is new.

Attention dumbfucks.
Normal difficulty means (or at least should) NORMAL DIFFICULTY, not SUPER EASY DIFFICULTY.
Grow a brain or two before you become a pathetic apologist, sucking Gaider's fake dick with fake pubic hair.
This. Games used to have "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard" (and sometimes a "Very Easy" and "Very Hard" option - or none at all :shock: ). Normal was pretty unforgiving, and there was nothing embarrassing about switching to Easy. Hard was for the truly knowledgeable players who wanted a good kick in the nuts.

Also, difficulty was hand-tailored: that is, they weren't just lazy multipliers such as Monster HP ×2 , Damage Received ×2, Item Price ×2, etc. Developers included specific encounters that previously weren't available, or made them harder by adding more enemies, traps, equipment, and other stuff.

/edit:
Silellak said:
Origins remains tough because the challenge ups its ante as the campaign unfolds. Enemies level up alongside you, which can be a little absurd if one dwells on it – a mere Captain of the Guard towards the end turns out to be several magnitudes of order more powerful than the first giant Ogre fought at the beginning, but the trick is that the scale of the battles increase alongside you as well. What starts off as taking down uncoordinated roving bands of blaggards ends up with facing off against entire armies of beastly brethren. And all shall fall at your sword.

Holy shit. This "next-gen" approach to everything is really vomitive.

Just when I was talking about lazy design...

Saxon1974

Prophet
Level scaling! ARRRGGGGGG!!! I never read about that before....I wish I could get my pre-order money back. Still hope I like the game but thats usually a game breaker for me.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
1eyedking said:
Silellak said:

Holy shit. This "next-gen" approach to everything is really vomitive.

Just when I was talking about lazy design...

From bumming around the toolset Wiki the level scaling is not absolute. When you design an encounter you enter a level range for the creature (1-5, 10-15). The levels scale within that range but will never exceed the end number or be lower then the first number. And if I remember correctly the equipment does not level like Oblivion.

Of course if they made the level range 1-50 it would scale all the way to the end.

ever

Scholar
1eyedking said:
Also, difficulty was hand-tailored: that is, they weren't just lazy multipliers such as Monster HP ×2 , Damage Received ×2, Item Price ×2, etc. Developers included specific encounters that previously weren't available, or made them harder by adding more enemies, traps, equipment, and other stuff.

You're dreaming.

Choosing "hard" difficulty since the beginning of time just made your adversaries get 150%, 200%, whatever% of everything, or that where there used to be one monster now there are two or something cheesy like that.

Point me to a game that does otherwise. I'd be surprised if you can find more than four, and I'll be surprised if these games have any other good qualities to them.

Multi-headed Cow

I've got some C&C for you guys.
candc.jpg

I'm having a good time with it so far. Getting covered in blood a lot, fucked a couple dwarf whores in the first 20 minutes.

Silellak

Cipher
Multi-headed Cow said:
I've got some C&C for you guys.
candc.jpg

I'm having a good time with it so far. Getting covered in blood a lot, fucked a couple dwarf whores in the first 20 minutes.

Grammar Fail in Option 3? Or is that some Old School language usage I'm not familiar with?

citizenx

Novice
Saxon1974 said:
I never read about that before....I wish I could get my pre-order money back.

What- are you fucking retarded? Don't open the game and return it...ya stupid whiny little bitch.

Multi-headed Cow

I can't really blame them since the whole game is based on being a grey warden. I guess they could have included a "no lol fuck you" option and had the game end there, but whatever.

I'll be really pissy if I get choices like that when it comes to party members. Looking at you, Mass Effect.

Silellak

Cipher
Multi-headed Cow said:
I can't really blame them since the whole game is based on being a grey warden. I guess they could have included a "no lol fuck you" option and had the game end there, but whatever.

I'll be really pissy if I get choices like that when it comes to party members. Looking at you, Mass Effect.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people are really complaining about here. Even C&C-gasm RPGs force you to do certain things.

I don't recall being able to tell the Overseer to fuck off and die when he told me to go find the Water Chip. Where was my "hide out in the Vault and ignore my responsibility" option? Or "refuse on pain of death" option? Man, I forgot how much Fallout sucks. Fuck that game.

Tails

Arbiter
Silellak said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what people are really complaining about here. Even C&C-gasm RPGs force you to do certain things.
Indeed but what's the use doing A/B/C/D dialogue that will lead to same result? It's just silly.
Silellak said:
I don't recall being able to tell the Overseer to fuck off and die when he told me to go find the Water Chip. Where was my "hide out in the Vault and ignore my responsibility" option? Or "refuse on pain of death" option? Man, I forgot how much Fallout sucks. Fuck that game.
Well you could always ignore the Water Chip task.

Silellak

Cipher
Tails said:
Silellak said:
Indeed but what's the use doing A/B/C/D dialogue that will lead to same result? It's just silly.

LARPing!!!!111

Silellak said:
Well you could always ignore the Water Chip task.

Sure, and I might be able to "ignore" being a Warder in Dragon Age. I imagine it would mostly mean doing side quests and wandering aimlessly, sort of like in Fallout, really.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Silellak said:
I don't recall being able to tell the Overseer to fuck off and die when he told me to go find the Water Chip.
I don't being presented with stupid false choice in that situation.

I would be better if that Gay Warden guy just told you "You have no choice, join us or die!" or smt like that. It will be the same railroading, but at least that would explain why are you not given an option to refuse.

Multi-headed Cow

In that situation you don't really have an option to refuse since you're in a scary dungeon surrounded by orcs and goblins and your best bet of getting out is joining them. I guess since they're dicks and won't let you tag along if you don't join them, I don't know.

Tails

Arbiter
Silellak said:
Sure, and I might be able to "ignore" being a Warder in Dragon Age. I imagine it would mostly mean doing side quests and wandering aimlessly, sort of like in Fallout, really.
You can also join Masters army, not much but always. But tell me, what else would you except to do after saying FU to Overseer?

Silellak

Cipher
Hamster said:
Silellak said:
I don't recall being able to tell the Overseer to fuck off and die when he told me to go find the Water Chip.
I don't being presented with stupid false choice in that situation.

I would be better if that Gay Warden guy just told you "You have no choice, join us or die!" or smt like that. It will be the same railroading, but at least that would explain why are you not given an option to refuse.

Multi-headed Cow said:
In that situation you don't really have an option to refuse since you're in a scary dungeon surrounded by orcs and goblins and your best bet of getting out is joining them. I guess since they're dicks and won't let you tag along if you don't join them, I don't know.

Since this is the Internet, in place of a real-reasoned, logical argument, I will post lolz.

context-500x400.jpg

Tails said:
Silellak said:
You can also join Masters army, not much but always. But tell me, what else would you except to do after saying FU to Overseer?

I imagine about as much as you could expect to do after saying no to the Warders. My point is that even the most open C&C games have railroading, especially at the beginning of the plot, and that it's not necessarily a bad thing. Why give multiple fake choices? Because hardcore Bioware fans are into that sort of thing, I guess. But technically it's no worse than only giving one choice.

Am I saying DA will get better later in the game? No idea. But criticizing for railroading you at the beginning of the game is a bit much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom