Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Camera or Dragon Age Camera? Which is worse and why?

DriacKin

Arbiter
Yes, it's that fucking bad.

Disscuss

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
DA camera is absolutely fine. I just wish the console version had iso.

NWN2's camera is subpar (not shit); but amde worse since NWN1 had one of the best camera systems ever.

Syraxis

Novice
Which version of NWN2's camera we talking about? Vanilla, motb, SoZ.

Multi-headed Cow

DA camera is absolutely fine*. NWN2's camera is shit.

*The combination of over the shoulder and top-down. Over the shoulder isn't as good in big battles, and top-down is too low to be good outside of battles, but flipping between the two is easy and the combination works well.

DriacKin

Arbiter
I still found myself constantly having to adjust the camera to get the settings I wanted, which gets annoying.

Also, the top-down camera limits the distance you're allowed to pan over the map, which got annoying.

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:

NWN2's camera is subpar (not shit); but amde worse since NWN1 had one of the best camera systems ever.
This.

Though, are you playing DA on a console? :P I can't even imagine it'd be nearly as fun...the game just feels like a PC game through and through.

Silellak

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
Like with Fallout 3 and co., they probably thought about making it feel ok on a console. I had an easier time playing FO3 with a controller than with KB + mouse.
I dunno, most modern multiplatform RPGs feel like they were designed for a console first and the PC second. DA is, thankfully, the opposite. I imagine they must've reworked the interface completely for it to be at ALL tolerable with a gamepad.

Multi-headed Cow

They did. They also apparently made the game much easier on consoles.

I don't really have problems with either one. The control system in DA is a bit annoying through and takes getting used to. In NWN if you were targetting something it showed the picture of the target so you knew what. In DA half the time I'll click a spell and it will be autocast on some random target the character was already looking at, half the time I'll click it and I'll then need to pick a target manually. The camera in NWN2 was only annoying for me in that during conversations I would be greeted with a character facing the wrong way and with a horrible amount of eye gouging spell effects displayed around them, along with the stone skin effect. UGLY.

Silellak

Cipher
Multi-headed Cow said:
They did. They also apparently made the game much easier on consoles.
I am almost tempted to rent the PS3 version just to see how big the differences are.

Almost.

Deleted member 7219

Volourn said:

Serves you fucking right for getting the console version.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Perhaps if it wouldn't take a million dollars to upgrade my PC, I wouldn't ahve to fuckin' play it on 360. Fuckface!

Multi-headed Cow

You could get a good gaming rig for under $500 probably. You could get a great one for under $1000.

circ

Arcane
I played it with an Athlon 64 3600 or something with 1 gig of memory and an old 7600 gt, and it ran fine. I could have maxed some settings too if I wanted with little loss in FPS. So Volourn, baby, your rig has got to be pretty bad because my box is 5+ years old or so.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
My rig is fine. It plays NWN2, TW, and G3 (the newest PC games I've bought) fine. But, it won't play DA. That's life. The last time I upgraded it was for NWN2. And, it trounces that game.

I have a Radeon X1600 Series (0x71C2) . Not good enough.

I have 1.2 GB of RAM not good enough.

The computer and computer speed is fine.

Don't blame me. Blame computers.

And, no, not everyone is richie rich.

And, no way could I get a good gaming rig for under $500. That's utter bullshit. $1000 is also push it.

Multi-headed Cow

Volourn said:
My rig is fine.
It isn't. And if you're a glorious American and know how to put a computer together then $500 would probably work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom