Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age - official Codex verdict

baronjohn

Cipher
Maturity = sex? Yes, that childish conception sums up the codex nicely. A bunch of kids spouting shit and failing at being witty. Even Gamefaqs is better. If I wasn't lazy I'd check the ESF forums too. At least blind praise doesn't derail every fucking thread, so I can ignore it.

Yes, you fucking moron. Are you twelve? Were you born yesterday?

As far as specifics go, how about a shitty magic system, terrible writing, autoregen and level scaling to make for banal, boring, shit? Oh wait, I've been mentioning specific details that make DA:O shit the whole time, you've just been ignoring them.

Worm

Liturgist
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AUTO REGEN, MY GUYS ARE REGENERATING HOW DO I STOP IT?

EDIT: I mean fuck, health potions totally dry up in the game, and there is one dedicated healer NPC. I really don't see the massive improvement over them fixing the real mistake (unavailability of items, and crafting items) and removing autoregen, rather than leaving in autoregen to offset the fact that they forgot to put in potion vendors.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Newsflash: Feeltherads has shit reading comprehension

except that's not news at all, shit

Hmm.. should I point it out again how you don't know what you're talking about mister "haha larry games smell of pussy hahahaha"?
Vibalist is an active militant for enjoying everything, because if you don't think about it everything can be enjoyed!!!! And we should enjoy everything because otherwise we're losers! Seriously!!!

Also, Clockwork Knight doesn't know how to use internet forums.

Lim-Lim

Liturgist
How come I had no idea that this had been released already?
I think that I'll just download this when the patches come out, as I do not have even slightest bit of curiosity for this game.
For now I'll just concentrate on my new playthrough of the baldur's gate trilogy that I started couple of days ago.

FeelTheRads said:
Hmm.. should I point it out again how you don't know what you're talking about mister "haha larry games smell of pussy hahahaha"?

That was a shitty, obvious joke about the odor thing. You should be accusing me of making shitty jokes, assburgers.

and jesus, that was a one -liner like 3 weeks ago, creeeepy

Vibalist is an active militant for enjoying everything, because if you don't think about it everything can be enjoyed!!!! And we should enjoy everything because otherwise we're losers! Seriously!!!

That's not what he meant, at all, in the last post (or any of his posts, tbh)

Also, Clockwork Knight doesn't know how to use internet forums.

I'm not shure aboot how you use these interneet thingies like you kids

baronjohn said:
Yes, you fucking moron. Are you twelve? Were you born yesterday?

:lol:

How do I even reply to this, fucking god

EDIT: oh my god what the fuck am I doing

I just realized I'm arguing with a guy who can't read and interpret a simple english sentence to save his life, and other that thinks mature themes = penis ---> vagina

Just fucking forget it

flabbyjack

Arcane
Holy shit I ain't reading 6 pages of these idiots talk about DA.

I bought DA. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Included with the game are two pieces of 'free DLC', one-time install codes that expire in April 2010.
People freaked out about how Spore could only be installed a few times. But I bought this shit that was available at release(Shouldn't be 'DLC' IMO), and it can only be installed ONCE. If I upgrade to a new computer or uninstall, I can't get my DLC again. Then again, they put this disclaimer right on the box.
So if I ever go back and play DA a couple years from now, I gotta go buy DLC or I'll be playing a gimped version of the game. Great.
This would be acceptable for horse armor or some stupid shit. But this is 'a recruitable party member who is fully integrated into the main Dragon Age campaign'. Imagine playing BG without Minsc.
Fuck you EA, fuck you...

Black

Arcane
Next time listen to the Codexers who still have some taste and common sense.

denizsi

Arcane
I think that I'll just download this when the patches come out, as I do not have even slightest bit of curiosity for this game.

Watch what you ask for. The first patch "fixed" "difficulty", along actual game bugs.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The sheer amount of trolling retards that have made their home here have really made any discussion about rpg's or even games in general an excersize in futility. Not to mention that even my beloved GD has turned into some lame copy of 4chan. Fuck that. I guess it's time for a break. Bye.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
After reading page 1 I ain't giving a shit about DA thread any more. And I would never buy a game that has tit armor anyway.

But I have a suggestion for the management. Why not put peoples gaming opinions in their signature: for instance have every one fill out a questionnarie:

What do you think about DA, Fallout 3, Oblivion etc?
Do you mind consoles?

Enforce the answers in the signature. That would make it so much easier to sort out the cretins that are more and more taking over this forum lately.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
flabbyjack said:
I bought DA. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Included with the game are two pieces of 'free DLC', one-time install codes that expire in April 2010.
People freaked out about how Spore could only be installed a few times. But I bought this shit that was available at release(Shouldn't be 'DLC' IMO), and it can only be installed ONCE. If I upgrade to a new computer or uninstall, I can't get my DLC again. Then again, they put this disclaimer right on the box.

AFAIK you only need to use them until april, after that they would remain activated.

Or you can use pirated copy and a crack.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

That's not what he meant, at all, in the last post (or any of his posts, tbh)

I'm too lazy to search for the topic he created where he advocated lowering expectations in order to enjoy all the shit.

It's there, though.

That was a shitty, obvious joke about the odor thing. You should be accusing me of making shitty jokes, assburgers.

I rarely try making jokes. And a good thing, maybe I'd produce a catastrophe of a magnitude close to yours.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Trash said:
The sheer amount of trolling retards that have made their home here have really made any discussion about rpg's or even games in general an excersize in futility. Not to mention that even my beloved GD has turned into some lame copy of 4chan. Fuck that. I guess it's time for a break. Bye.

:cry:

The Codex will be a better place without you pretending you know what irony is. Tasteless dumbshit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Seriously, all you people need to take a fucking chill pill and shut the fuck up. If you didn't KNOW that when DA comes out, every thread will be filled to the brim with Skyway, Black, 1eyedking, Racofer and Circ's bitching you are either completely retarded or completely deluded.

And now you're even pulling an epic drama of 'oh my, tis the decline i'm outta here!!', which is downright ridiculous.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Trash said:
The sheer amount of trolling retards that have made their home here have really made any discussion about rpg's or even games in general an excersize in futility.

Basically ITS is the only place to have a decent discussion about games now days.

FeelTheRads said:
I rarely try making jokes. And a good thing, maybe I'd produce a catastrophe of a magnitude close to yours.

Well, at least now you know it was a joke. Progress!

Uncle CK will teach you all about reading. You were supposed to learn that by grade school, though

Darth Roxor said:
Seriously, all you people need to take a fucking chill pill and shut the fuck up. If you didn't KNOW that when DA comes out, every thread will be filled to the brim with Skyway, Black, 1eyedking, Racofer and Circ's bitching you are either completely retarded or completely deluded.

You make it sound like it's a natural ocurrence or some other unavoidable thing, instead of a bunch of autistic circlejerking kids

And now you're even pulling an epic drama of 'oh my, tis the decline i'm outta here!!', which is downright ridiculous.

harry.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Lumpy said:
Guys, I was away for a couple of days and I don't feel like reading a 30 page thread.

Better than FO3, however dragged down by features similar to WoW.

Decent GFX.
High amount of brutality.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Clockwork Knight said:
You make it sound like it's a natural ocurrence or some other unavoidable thing, instead of a bunch of autistic circlejerking kids

It's both. The deal is to ignore it. But you bunch of dumbfucks obviously can't do it, which leads either to 'ohoho, a post by skyway, time to reply and get +++postcount!!!!' or 'SERIOUS BUSINESS MODE ACTIVATED *starts counter flaming* ' which goes on and on and on for 30+ pages of completely useless pseudo-rhetoric. If I did the same thing each time someone brings up 'SOZ IS SOZZY' I'd probably have to shoot myself.

aries202

Erudite
-ehm-

DLC is tied to your bioware (EA) account, not your computer.

That said, I'm a little worried too about the whole
expires 'april 30th' details, too.

Rumour has it that you can't play the dlc without being connected to the internet?

I used to dislike this thread, but now that Clockwork is pulling epic butthurt I don't mind anymore

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom