Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disciples 3 Released in Russia?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wulfstand said:
the HoMM 5 trilogy

Which reminds me:

Etherlords 2, bitches :smug:

spectre

Arcane
Men/Faces of War is also p.cool while we're at it.
And let's not forget Silent Storm.
Same goes for Sturmovik and Space Rangers.

An yeah, tetris.

karnot

Educated
The Disciples games are no more and no less strategic than the HoMM games
Are you for real ? Much, much less than HOMM. For one reason only - in Disciples starting troops are worthless. In HOMM they are not.

Dandelion

Novice
http://www.ag.ru/reviews/disciples_3_renaissance
Vote: 4\10

FUCK Akella and its internal studio of retards. YEARS awaiting the sequel to be left with that shit. A great serie ruined by these incompetent morons.
The same morons that are developing JAGGED ALLIANCE 3, how awesome.

From wikipedia:
Disciples III: Renaissance is a turn-based strategy game. The publisher Strategy First changed the developer from Game Factory Interactive to Akella's studio .dat. It has been working on this project since the summer of 2005.

Micmu

Magister
I've been waiting for this one,too, and now this piece of turd.
I'm all FUUU-, hoping they burn in hell.

z3r'0'

Liturgist
Fuck. That review says it all really. Akella fucked up, again. Went and decided to change shit that didn't need changing. Went all HoMM on Disciples. Crap AI, ton of bugs, less races.

Played ''Disciples 2 :Rise of the Elves'' awhile back, and the game hooked me with its take on elves who go totally ape-shit psycho and decide to kill anyone and everything in their way. This is not your pussy tolkien elves!

Akella = FAIL FFFFUUUU!!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
karnot said:
The Disciples games are no more and no less strategic than the HoMM games
Are you for real ? Much, much less than HOMM. For one reason only - in Disciples starting troops are worthless. In HOMM they are not.

If that's your one reason than I can sleep easy at night.

An army of level 1 units + some spell battering (or a thief hero doing his thing) can wipe the floor with an army of level 2 units. Two armies of level 1 units attacking one after the other could beat an army of level 3 units. Players with well-developed economies can conscript entire armies like this without much fuss and zerg your main guy. In fact, you'll find that in multiplayer games it's much more efficient to level up an initial army, recruit another army or two, mix them up with the veteran units and keep levelling them equally. It's a waste of XP raising units past level 3, so the most common army composition you'll find is level 1-3, an army of pure 3s being reserved for the spearhead.

XP is a far more valuable resource in Disciples than gold or mana are, which adds another unique layer of planning compared to HoMM. Spells and thieves can ensure your army's destruction in the timespan of one turn, so having some more advanced units to fall back on is a matter of life and death. Strategically, it's much easier to focus-fire on one party of units than on multiple parties.

You and phelot probably played a lot in campaign mode and afterwards used that style of playing in regular single-player, because the campaign mode suffers a lot from what you two mention. Since you only carry over the hero and best units, your starting units are useless. You can't really say that the game suffers from this problem inherently, though, cause multiplayer and campaign are two different beasts.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
MetalCraze said:
http://ru.akella.com/News.aspx?id=2271

Akella is VERY butthurt about the total failure of a yet another one of their excrements (use google translate if you don't understand russian).

The funniest thing however is that users of AG.ru gave the game 46/100 themselves.
First half of the article is about some retard and his complains.
The second half is where they are acting retarded.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Reading the article now. Does "psevdoyaponskuyu" mean pseudo-Japanese, by any chance?

EDIT: Ok, I read it. Shit was seriously fuck up, mang. Skyway, does the game seem to be fixable by modding or is it inherently flawed?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'm not sure it can even be modded. It's barely playable - they still continue to churn out hotfixes but the game has a really hugeass amount of bugs. There is a thread on their forums where bug count was about ~150 and counting. Knowing Akella there is a big chance that after 2-3 months they will just go "fuck you" and leave the game as it is.

Other than that play Disciples 2 - they are better and have more stuff. Akella just wants to milk this one with addons which not only won't add anything new but will only return which was already there but was cut out.

As for Akella itself - in the xUSSR region it is one of the worst publishers-developers only rivaled by 1C. Imagine giving a Disciples franchise to something like ValuSoft and you get the picture.

EDIT: Akella is VERY butthurt, part deux
http://ru.akella.com/News.aspx?id=2273

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well what do you expect from them? Да, наша игра попало? They're going to deny it until they patch it into something stable, or stop giving a shit, whichever comes first.

It's actually pretty funny how they managed to release a game that's both horribly bad and buggy. They've got some Bethesda blood in them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gotta agree with Skyway here. I torrented a bunch of Akella games and either they're horribly boring/bad or incredibly buggy. Truly, worse than 1C even, and they're quite sucky too.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well 1C has released some pretty good (King's Bounty, for example) and decent games. And a lot of crap, of course.
Though I don't know if they are only publisher and if not, which quality their games have.

Still, if you compare both lists of games, 1C seems to have higher quality standards ;)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I enjoy some 1C games. Akella on the other hand is 90% boring or buggy. At least 1C usually have the decency to deliver their games in a playable state...

MetalCraze

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Still, if you compare both lists of games, 1C seems to have higher quality standards ;)

No they don't.
1C is even worse than Akella when it comes to patches. Akella at least releases patches a year after that patch was available to the rest of the world.
1C never releases patches (unless it's their own game of course) or in those rare cases when the game has an addon - they force you to buy an addon to have the patch (and chances are by the time the addon and the patch are localized 3 months passed and people already have newer patches) only to never release any more patches again.

Which means that the multiplayer is NEVER an option in a game published by 1C. Do I need to say more?

JarlFrank said:
Yeah, I enjoy some 1C games. Akella on the other hand is 90% boring or buggy. At least 1C usually have the decency to deliver their games in a playable state...

You mean like Magesty 2?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, that's not true. In both Majesty 2 and King's Bounty (+addon), I didn't encounter any major bugs and both games had patches released for them as well.
Also, wasn't Majesty 2 developed by Paradox? or only published by them?...

Maybe they don't support the smaller budget games that well, but the big ones certainly have support.

And multiplayer.. well.. I never tried out Majesty in MP, that game is a pure singleplayer game to me.

MetalCraze

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Well, that's not true. In both Majesty 2 and King's Bounty (+addon), I didn't encounter any major bugs
That's because those are (very few) games 1C had to release in the west - I'm talking about the opposite situation (e.g. situation with western games published by 1C). But even with their own games there were fuck ups (actually there always are). KB was barely playable when it came out in CIS, leaking out of every single hole and crashing. And only after 5th patch or so it became mostly stable (a half of a year later or so). And then 1C released it in the west. The similar situation is with Majesty 2 which still had moronic system requirements (while looking barely better than Warcraft 3)

The same reason why Disciples 3 still isn't released in the west (Akella's customers are beta-testing it), but I doubt it will in a long time - it's a completely unplayable flop as of now with more bugs being discovered than being fixed (and they've spent 4 years on a game that has only 50% of Dis2 content and doesn't even have multiplayer with such results)

Also, wasn't Majesty 2 developed by Paradox? or only published by them?...
No it was developed by the inner studio of 1C.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
MetalCraze said:
KB was barely playable when it came out in CIS, leaking out of every single hole and crashing.

I will surprise no one by saying that skyway is full of shit.

I think skyway is talking about 1C as a publisher of Russian versions.

I think real problem here is evil russian company publishing games in Ukraine, instead of racialy pure ukrainian publisher. :wink:

dragonfk

Erudite
Hamster. Always there, always vigilant, always ready to come to the rescue of Mother Russia. :honourblade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom