Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > Something is lacking

Higher Animal
Higher Animal
Yes. I have accepted the truth of Jesus Christ.

I realized that with every breath I was making I was attempting to create my own truth rather than believe in it. Attempting to divorce myself from God.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
I don't know how you'll react to this, but you seem like a good person. I remember being commie bros with you way back when I was Sonic the Hedgehog. All I can say is that if you come to the Bible with an open mind you'll start seeing Truth as it is, and this can set you free and save your soul.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
After my conversion experience, I abandoned politics altogether. I spent a large portion of my life reading deeply into ideology (left, right, center, absurd) and how to acquire power. What I found was that none of this is satisfactory.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
For example, I still believe the LTV is a better description of reality than Austrian subjective theories, but I find the question of who should get paid so removed from the on the ground, life-living of day to day people that it becomes one of many moral issues. Yes, people need to get paid a fair wage, and maybe the LTV can assist with that.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
But, assume perfect returns to labor are achieved, what then? What happens when people get paid what they should? Spiritual questions are really the only questions that matter, and the edifice of the world constructed around these issues is at best a minor tool in assistance, and at worse a false idol.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
It's been recommended to start with Proverbs. Proverbs will prepare your mind for the New Testament.

There's also Chesterton, C.S. Lewis, and lots of other good resources talking about Christianity. I really believe this is the best way you can spend your life, heal people, and achieve something greater than what the world can offer.
Job Creator
Job Creator
That's cool, it just seemed very sudden when following your posting.
Higher Animal
Higher Animal
Hey man, can I write you up the full, detailed story about my conversion? Would you be interested in hearing what happened?
Job Creator
Job Creator
If you want to tell it, sure. Don't be implored by my nosiness tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom