Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
sullynathan
Reactions
2,654 8,957 3 401 1 78

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I sure love Splinter Cell
    Trotsky
    Trotsky
    The early Splinter Cell games were the best. Splinter Cell's spy vs mercenary multiplayer was a major innovation for the stealth genre.
    I'm really not sure if Resident evil 1 is bad designed or just stupid
    United Nations
    United Nations
    It was great back in the day as a kid. I hear it sucks though for new players in playing it since.
    I went back to FEAR but I keep having this recurring problem. The game runs at 60fps, then it just drops to 30fps. It keeps fluctuating.
    SniperHF
    SniperHF
    Open up task manager, find the process on the process list, right click it and click "set Affinity".

Then on the next screen uncheck all the CPUs except 0. Try it like that. If it still sucks try using 2 cpus.

If it still sucks after that just set them all back on as that's not your problem.
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    will try tomorrow
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    it didn't work
    action is arguably the best video game genre. mechanically, action games tend to work very well and aren't as dated as rpgs.
    Lhynn
    Lhynn
    It needs more stats
    Maggot
    Maggot
    It's twenty frickin' sixteen and games still have turn based combat??? what the HECK!
    A horse of course
    Many old action games have pretty awful control systems based around playstation and mega drive pads.
    Is RE5 & 6 as good as RE4?
    A horse of course
    For your information I didn't like Fallout 3, it was only acceptable with the animated prostitution and Warhammer 40k mods.
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    so pretty much, as a pirate I should get RE6. I don 't know if either game will run well on my system though.
    Excidium II
    Excidium II
    RE5 ran fine on the core2duo + 550 ti 1GB i had at the time
    Completed Res 4. Was a really over the top and goofy game but fun nonetheless
    Trotsky
    Trotsky
    Back in 2005 it was amazing. I'd say 2005 was the last good year for gaming until recently.
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
    AngryEddy
    AngryEddy
    It's controlled by some purple guy who raped my girlfriend and poked my fuckin eye out.
    Trotsky
    Trotsky
    Berserk is a great manga/anime. Too bad there are so few Berserk games. Whenever I make a two handed warrior I imagine The Black Swordsman.
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    Battle Angel Alita is better than Berserk but I like Berserk.
    does denuvo actually hurt performance or is that another conspiracy?
    Excidium II
    Excidium II
    Even if it does it's probably negligible next to the bad performance those console ports already have to begin with.
    Baron Dupek
    Baron Dupek
    no, it's just a game unoptimized.
    Even SSD damage is no longer a thing iirc.
    A horse of course
    I'm not aware of any evidence denuvo does anything of the like. just butthurt poorfag propaganda (though good luck getting a copy of a denuvo game working in 10 years if the devs haven't removed it)
    Res 4 is really good and well paced but this isn't a scary game at all. The controls are dated and weapons are weak.
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    But it's still fun
    A horse of course
    it's shit
    Just started playing resident evil 1 & 4 and they're good in their own ways. I'll stick with 4 for now because it surprisingly runs better.
    A horse of course
    Oh, you only have an integrated card (APU)? Not much you can do about that then. For me, REmake HD ran horribly on the Intel until I fixed it to run on the nvidia card. Sorry.
    Trotsky
    Trotsky
    I'd also recommend Resident Evil Zero.
    sullynathan
    sullynathan
    Trotsky I'll try it afterwards.

Ed123 what's wrong with res 4?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom