Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Rostere
Reactions
2,995 8,043 4 325 3 559

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• your avvy exudes a very gentlemanly rapist vibe, the classy man's rapist
    Generic-Giant-Spider
    ...can i go home now?
    Rostere
    Rostere
    Sure kid. Just don't forget your anti-rape bracelet.
    Bigg Boss
    Bigg Boss
    The color yellow and blue do not exist and are solely propaganda.
    I said I wouldn't reply further to that thread, and I won't; but just because I don't think I can argue away far right folk's perception about ethnicity, doesn't mean my own position isn't clear imo. I think it's nonsense, and my view in an ideal world is to abolish the nation state and borders with it.
    Rostere
    Rostere
    As for what "acting like a man" means, let's consult science: https://www.pnas.org/content/113/41/11633
    Presence of male hormones regulate human behaviour in such a way that people go out of their way to punish wrongdoers, but also to give more generous reciprocal rewards. On the other side of the coin, this means "unmanly" (female) behaviour is failing to punish bad behaviour while not rewarding outstanding efforts.
    Rostere
    Rostere
    Politics can also become saturated with excessive male thinking, but since the history books are full of horror stories of what this entails (since men have dominated society for most of written history), we run less of a risk of this happening. We know of male vindictiveness and territorial struggle, but history books say nothing about feminine relativization and neglecting or surrendering territorial struggles.
    Rostere
    Rostere
    In short, I don't believe "acting like a man" in politics is a bad thing for a woman, and I do not know of any woman who has gotten less respect from this. "Acting like a man" in personal life would depend on the context and what you are trying to accomplish and thus is a more complicated topic that cannot be answered as simply with yes/no.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom