Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Alkarl

1. IncendiaryDevice
    IncendiaryDevice
    Everything is nuance. Someone can like a Golden Delicious but dislike a Braeburn.
    Jul 28, 2017
    Sukhāvatī brofisted this.
  2. Alkarl
    Alkarl
    But, Incendiary, they're both just apples.

No, I see what you're saying. I didn't mean to impose myself as the arbiter of taste. I meant to address that you don't necessarily need to be a weeb to enjoy a japanese wiz-clone. Given the choice, I prefer my women to look like adults and my men to have beards like any self-respecting wrpg player, but the choices have been very limited.
    Jul 28, 2017
  3. IncendiaryDevice
    IncendiaryDevice
    Can you imagine if Dark Souls had Arcade sounds effects and a baby protag? You think even half the people would have played it?
    Jul 28, 2017
  4. Lhynn
    Lhynn
    The codex is retarded, deal with it.
    Jul 28, 2017
  5. duanth123
    duanth123
    Codex trades in exaggerations with Japanese Wiz games. Like "baby protag", which is simply a lie when a majority allow custom voice/portrait (or disable voice OR have adult portraits) [Stranger of Sword City, Wiz: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, DT2, Etrian Odyssey, Lab of Touhou] or simply don't feature [Wiz Empire II, Elminage Gothic, Elminage Original, Wiz: Tales of the Forsaken Land, Dark Spire.]
    Jul 28, 2017
  6. IncendiaryDevice
    IncendiaryDevice
    ...And the Arcade sound effects...
    Jul 28, 2017
  7. duanth123
    duanth123
    ...can be individually muted. And I know exactly what game you're referencing because it annoyed me until I scrolled the options menu.

And even if they can't I don't see how having to turn off the sound and maybe playing some other music would be the dealbreaker.
    Jul 28, 2017
  8. Lhynn
    Lhynn
    Blobbers are half games, but codexers being triggered because of the art is hilarious.
    Jul 28, 2017
  9. Alkarl
    Alkarl
    That's the same argument but worse. You're comparing some sense of artistic expression to absolutely none at all. In response, I can only point to Binding of Isaac as being anywhere near what you're describing.

I get it isn't some peoples cup of tea, and that's fine, but it doesn't make it objectively bad (in every case).

Edit: Wait, someone made a blobber using what Incendiary is describing?
    Jul 28, 2017
  10. duanth123
    duanth123
    Elminage Gothic, by default, plays an incredibly grating slot machine sound whenever your party members attack. No "baby protag" though.
    Jul 29, 2017
  11. Alkarl
    Alkarl
    Oh, yeah, for every attack. It's like ba-DLUM! I usually throw on some Iron Maiden or something when I play it. As far as a baby, I know Original had the dolls which came with stuffed animal portraits. I kinda liked that though, I built the cutest one into a ninja murder machine.
    Jul 29, 2017

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.