Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > Something is lacking

smaug
smaug
Good song, but it was a legitimate question. But I guess it would depend on how you define magic, no?
Agesilaus
Agesilaus
Right, depends how you define it. The question caught me off guard, I don't know what answer I can give. I don't believe in D&D fireball spells or anything, unless they're being launched from an artillery piece.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Where did smaug's question come from anyhow? Are you into occultism and that sort of thing, Agesilaus?
Agesilaus
Agesilaus
Not really, I have never been into trying to cast spells or secret societies or anything. Not sure why it came up, other than my PDF is not expansive enough to contain the answers to such questions yet.
smaug
smaug
Do you believe in a (such) magic as in a un-physical force that can manifest in unnatural ways according to natural law, and if you don’t, why?
Agesilaus
Agesilaus
No, because I'm not aware of any agent that can resist or overcome natural law (as defined in the text re: divinities). That resistance or overwhelming of the natural laws/divinities being what I take you to mean by "manifest in unnatural ways".
Agesilaus
Agesilaus
If you have an example of a spell or magic that you're thinking of, maybe I could answer better. Or perhaps if you read the text you will have your answer from there, given you best understand the question. I don't deny there may be entities more advanced or powerful than humans, and it might be right to term them gods, demons, or aliens of some sort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom