Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > Something is lacking

Jinn
Jinn
If something like EE was created for CP2077, it would of course be superior. As of now, CP2077 isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people around here are making it out to be. Typical codex edgelord bandwagon jumping. Don't get me wrong, it's got a lot of problems systemically, but you can tell a lot of people hyperbolically criticizing it either haven't played it, or have played only an hour or two.
Jinn
Jinn
Since there's a character limit, essentially what I'm saying is that gameplay-wise, I think CP2077 vanilla is ultimately better than Witcher 3 vanilla. So the relationship can kind of be viewed in that way. And yes, I know I'm not Perkel, but I can see where he's coming from.
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
perkel defends epic store, so...
Perkel
Perkel
I know it might be weird to you but Cyberpunk 2077 is different game than The Witcher 3. TW3 systems are outright broken, non functional and it requires W3EE to fix them and make them shine like alchemy which TW3 sucks at and loot where different ingredients from monsters will give you different outcome for potion. CP systems aren't broken
Thac0
Thac0
The overworld is very much broken in how shit the cops are, how easy it is to draw cops into a random firefight against gangbangers, where they will fight for the gangsters, and how easy it is to pull more than one gang through random spray fire.
10 hours in it definitly annoys me the most, although the game is definitly overhated atm. Impressive how many builds are viable atm.
Lithium Flower
Lithium Flower
Everything is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think I came into the game with a more level head than most. I don't want CDPR to fail, I enjoyed the Witchers, but I am also a harsh critic of their gameplay design. I expected of CP2077 what I got in Witcher 3: to dislike the combat, itemization, and RPG mechanics, and to greatly enjoy presentation/narrative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom