Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Ed123

1. Tavar
    Tavar
    I can see the SJW-part, but how is it FACT that GoG scams people and supports communism? Sounds like edgy BS to me. And I have no opinion about Crispy.
    Jan 1, 2021
  2. Ed123
    Ed123
    Jan 1, 2021
  3. NJClaw
    NJClaw
    who doesn't
    Jan 1, 2021
  4. Tavar
    Tavar
    So, you're hatred for GoG exists because they like steam refused to stand up to the Chinese mob on an indie horror game? Don't get me wrong: I despise communism and hence have no love for the chinese government, but for me this is no big deal. Nevertheless, I agree that GoG is a bitch for the chinese (like Steam, Blizzard, and a lot of other companies). So what about the scam part?
    Jan 1, 2021
  5. Ed123
    Ed123
    There is no evidence Steam did not "refuse to stand up to the Chinese mob" - the game was withdrawn by their publisher, not banned by Valve, and their other title (which was also targeted by CCP shills) remains on Steam. A similar situation occured with Hatred a few years back, which was banned by Steam and GoG, but Gabe Newell stepped in and personally reversed the ban.
    Jan 1, 2021
    Fronzel Neekburm and Dreed brofisted this.
  6. Ed123
    Ed123
    The "scam" part comes from them charging for games that "work on modern systems" when many of these games have seriously glitches or other technical problems on modern operating systems, which can only be fixed by the user researching the issues themselves and fixing it or downloading fan patches
    Jan 1, 2021
    Fronzel Neekburm, Dreed and Maggot brofisted this.
  7. Ed123
    Ed123
    - which, ironically GoG serves as a good resource for, since the forums are packed with people complaining that the game they paid for does not actually work properly in its current state. In which case, why bother giving money to GoG, who in the best case scenarios are merely repacking games with free fan fixes in the first place?
    Jan 1, 2021
    Dreed and Maggot brofisted this.
  8. thesoup
    thesoup
    gog is great because they make pirating games very convenient
    Jan 1, 2021
    NJClaw and Bigg Boss brofisted this.
  9. thesoup
    thesoup
    only retards pay for video games and give a shit about muh developers
    Jan 1, 2021
  10. Tavar
    Tavar
    I get your point now, Ed, even though I still think you are overreacting. I've removed the rating.
    Jan 1, 2021
    Sukhāvatī brofisted this.
  11. thesoup
    thesoup
    removing the rating was cucky
    Jan 1, 2021
    NJClaw brofisted this.
  12. asfasdf
    asfasdf
    tldr
    Jan 2, 2021
    Sukhāvatī brofisted this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.