Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Citizen

1. Citizen
    Citizen
    Then how come MW and F2 were considered old and unplayable when their "successor" released, but Skyrim and F3 are still trending and are being circlejerked to death by a mainstream majority on the internet?
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maxie, Dreed, Verylittlefishes and 1 other person brofisted this.
  2. Maxie
    Maxie
    simple. everything about skyrim was so novel that it still holds up now despite being relatively older
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed brofisted this.
  3. NJClaw
    NJClaw
    please stop
    Jan 8, 2021
    BING XI LAO brofisted this.
  4. Verylittlefishes
    Verylittlefishes
    2050 is now closer to us than 1991.
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed, BING XI LAO and NJClaw brofisted this.
  5. Citizen
    Citizen
    Nah just shows that the amount of innovation (mostly decline to be fair) that happened in the 2010-2020 is insignificant compared to the amount of innovation that happened in 2000-2010 and especially 1990-2000. 10-year old game would be considered incredibly aged in 2005, but today the 10 yo games look comparable to the new releases, just with slightly lower res textures and less flashy vfx
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maxie, Dreed, Verylittlefishes and 1 other person brofisted this.
  6. Verylittlefishes
    Verylittlefishes
    Yes and that's sad. Most games from around 2001-2005 are still incredible and literally nothing new happened since HL2.
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed brofisted this.
  7. NJClaw
    NJClaw
    I said stop
    Jan 8, 2021
  8. NJClaw
    NJClaw
    please
    Jan 8, 2021
    Verylittlefishes brofisted this.
  9. Verylittlefishes
    Verylittlefishes
    Gears of War 1 from 2007 and Gears 5 from recently are literally the same game with more blasts and shiny things.
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed brofisted this.
  10. Maxie
    Maxie
    fishing for boomerfists aren't you circuit
    Jan 8, 2021
  11. Citizen
    Citizen
    Nah codexian cargo-cult boomers that are hating on every game that doesn't hit at least a few of their 90s gamedesign buzzwords are the main decline enablers in denial
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maxie and Dreed brofisted this.
  12. Citizen
    Citizen
    (fishing for zoomerfists)
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed and Maxie brofisted this.
  13. Citizen
    Citizen
    I'm not even joking, if I see another brainlet trying to convince me fallout 1-2 had great combat because "muh turn-based" I won't stop until his ass is bullied into non-existence
    Jan 8, 2021
  14. Dreed
    Dreed
    Fallout 1 and 2 had great combat because they were turn-based, and Brotherhood of Steel was better than Fallout 3 :happytrollboy:
    Jan 8, 2021
    Rean and NJClaw brofisted this.
  15. Citizen
    Citizen
    i agree with the second part of your sentence as much as I disagree with the first one, not sure if you really deserve to be bullied : /
    Jan 8, 2021
  16. Maxie
    Maxie
    bully him just in case
    the weak must fear the strong
    Jan 8, 2021
    Dreed brofisted this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.