Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Malamert
Reactions
10,252 13,163 14 1,790 585

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Do you know a game I wish I could have actually played? Resonance of Fate. Unfortunately the PC port was a fuckin hot mess and gameplay was in general quite hard to get into.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    Installed Resonance of Fate a few days ago to see how it would run. Played around for 30 minutes or so and I didn't have that many issues with stuttering. Just a little bit during fights when attacking enemies. It wasn't something that would ruin the experience that much or make me drop the game. Probably going to play it for real after finishing CRYSTAR.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    Oh, yea, not using the 4k texture pack, so maybe that's why it runs mostly alright?
    Rean
    Rean
    I'm gonna be giving her a try on system number 4, better run decent. The first half hour is deceptive.
    But, yeah, go ahead and play Shining Resonance too.
    This fucking weebtard thinks IWD2 is the best IE game ever
    NJClaw
    NJClaw
    IWD 2 is a good game.

If you only care about combat and you're big into D&D 3.x, it's only natural to consider it your favorite IE game.
    Rean
    Rean
    Unprivate that profile right now.
    I'm on my way soon.
    Thac0
    Thac0
    I started with Symphonia, but that really didn't hook me. Played only Berseria later, that actually came a lot closer, but only the main chick was fun in combat. The characters were really good story wise, but I grew bored of only playing the main girl since the others sucked ass in comparison.
    Rean
    Rean
    It's really hard to make realtime combat enjoyable, true. Having beer ready helps. But, yes, those games are all about the main characters. You get a calamity plot, but in the end it's all a vehicle for the characters to tell their grand stories.
    Thac0
    Thac0
    For me turn based is like pizza, and action combat is like fish. A good pizza is pretty good, a bad pizza is still a fun time. A good fish dish is excellent, a bad fish dish and you puke off food poisoning.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    About the environments, well given that the game's in a different setting I guess it makes some sense that the environments are a tad more restrained and on the duller side. Still, they do their job just fine.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    I quite enjoyed the writing actually, though sometimes it gets a tad too edgy. The characters are all good fun and quite enjoyable. Sure, they cranked up the yuri buffoneery quite a lot, but I'm not complaining about that. Also a huge sucker for the game's setting. Finding out the secret behind Le Choara is good stuff. Also, Rottie best girl.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    On the retcons, yea, I feel you about that, those are never cool, but ah well. Guess it could've been worse.

All in all, while it isn't as great as the first, I think it's still an ejoyable journey if you don't spam Mai's Deus glitch ability constantly.
    You rated me retarded. This is a warning. You are being ableist. STOP IT.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    Damn, so does this mean I'm not allowed to push people in wheelchairs down flights of stairs anymore?
    It will take time. But i feel pretty good about it. The situation is highly volatile that's for sure.
    u cocksucking eurotrash faggot u didn't tell me Darkstone had an aging mechanic AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Malamert
    Malamert
    There is literally nothing wrong with aging mechanics.
    Malamert
    Malamert
    Leonardo The Vinchi (that means he's from Vinchi) was a black man. He was blacker than coal. This is an indisputable fact. What now, Ed?

I'm under house arrest, Citizen. Can't do that, sadly.
    Citizen
    That's what I thought whitey
    Malamert
    Malamert
    I'll give you my address so you can come over and get called a nigger. That okay with you?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom