Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Abu Antar
Abu Antar
Thanks. I have it listed under the Tactical section, but if it's more rpg than tactical, I will move it to the right one.
Fluent
Fluent
well, while the combat is tactical, the game features very deep RPG elements. It has a story with choices to make, plenty of dialogue, inventory with full loot system, a few hundred different unit types to recruit, and a deep skill system for all units that further develop your strategy. so i'd personally call it a deep tactical RPG, for whatever that is worth. hope that helps...maybe? hah. :)
CryptRat
CryptRat
They did not make a live action trailer for this one?! The live action trailers for their previous games were pretty cool.
Fluent
Fluent
agreed, Crypt! maybe they have a live action trailer for it but are waiting for the 30th to release it? and their excellent bullet point list on the steam page really sold me as well.
Thac0
Thac0
Oh god Fluent likes Age of Fear. I am cursed now.

For real Age of Fear is pretty good. It started more rpg, with just a string of fixed battles through which you took your troops with heavy rpg elements a la early Fire Emblem. It later got more tactical with overworld maps and side missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom