Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Hóngwèibīng

1. Dr Schultz
    Dr Schultz
    Nice read
    Jul 18, 2021
    Hóngwèibīng brofisted this.
  2. Stavrophore
    Stavrophore
    Author surely is knowledgeable, but because of his race and biological denialism, he ultimately wanders around being oblivious to the core mechanism that would explain some of the phenomena he founds baffling. Especially his EU4 article and lamentation about focusing on europeans in the game, shows this. I get the bad impression that author is into marxist historicism and marxist historical materialism.
    Jul 18, 2021
  3. Stavrophore
    Stavrophore
    The article on the cicero is a complete hamfisting of his political views, misinterpreting what cicero said. Also beliver in 6th january "insurrection" and biden supporter. Hard pass.
    Jul 18, 2021
  4. Dr Schultz
    Dr Schultz
    I've only read his article about the dawn of Rome which states a) something pretty obvious from an Italian standpoint b) something generally misenterpreted abroad and therefore in need to be stated more often.

Maybe his political biases are more apparent in other articles, but this one is absolutely spot on.
    Jul 19, 2021
  5. Hóngwèibīng
    Hóngwèibīng
    Eh, he's quite reasonable, albeit a bit preachy in some of his blog articles. I'd say that Stavrophore is just being triggered as the rightwing IdPol enthusiast that he is.

And speaking of the guy's EU IV series, you should definitely read that if you are a fan of the game (or of Paradox grand strategy titles in general).
    Jul 19, 2021
    Dr Schultz brofisted this.
  6. Stavrophore
    Stavrophore
    Non political articles like about iron or cloth making are actually quite good. The guy surely love to read himself, he is very verbose -it's the literacy journey that matter for him, not the goal.
    Jul 19, 2021
  7. Dr Schultz
    Dr Schultz
    I am a fan of Paradox, but up until now I was able to gather enough time to play only one of their game: CK 2.

I'm planning to move to CK 3 as soon as there are enough expansions out.
    Jul 19, 2021
  8. Hóngwèibīng
    Hóngwèibīng
    I'm quite optimistic about CK3's future. The foundations laid on release were solid and I am personally looking forward to the overhaul of the cultural system in the coming first expansion (and the new court mechanics to a lesser degree too).
    Jul 19, 2021
    Dr Schultz brofisted this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.