Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Maggot

1. Maggot
    Maggot
    The game is a cakewalk even on hard and the game keeps throwing boring base defense missions or ones where I can straight up just park a couple rhino tanks where the enemy MCV is planning on landing and win the mission early.
    Jul 18, 2021
  2. Maggot
    Maggot
    Not to mention the pitiful excuse of HP on every unit/building and how the optimal way to play is to spam rhinos and constantly issue move orders so they can both dodge and attack enemies simultaneously.
    Jul 18, 2021
  3. Maggot
    Maggot
    At least in RA1 (Remaster)/TS you have to either use the move+guard (ctrl+alt) trick or Q move to dodge. I had totally forgotten about the removal of ore storage entirely and how you can't even capture enemy harvesters with engineers in RA2 as well.
    Jul 18, 2021
  4. Maggot
    Maggot
    With all that said, the TS/RA2 engine is still top tier and I'm trudging through the final couple of missions to try a new mod that has you play as the opposing force of every vanilla RA2 campaign mission which should be considerably more challenging. Thanks for subscribing to my blog.
    Jul 18, 2021
  5. Darth Roxor
    Darth Roxor
    I think the chief difference for me is that RA2 gives you many more tools to break the monotony and go through missions in ridiculous ways. In RA1 there's really no way of winning other than amassing a doomstack and rolling over the enemy base, in RA2 you can just as well win using no units other than chinooks and SEALs.
    Jul 20, 2021
    Kruno brofisted this.
  6. Darth Roxor
    Darth Roxor
    Also, I'm pretty sure you can capture harvesters with engineers as long as the harvester is docked in a refinery that you are stealing.
    Jul 20, 2021
    Kruno brofisted this.
  7. Maggot
    Maggot
    All those tools are for the allies though, which is what I had last played when I had fond memories of RA2's campaign but when you're soviets, you're pretty much stuck just spamming rhino tanks since everything else is shit, including V3 rockets and the only air you get is kirovs in the second to last mission onwards.
    Jul 20, 2021
  8. Maggot
    Maggot
    I tried capturing enemy harvesters multiple times throughout the campaign and either I failed multiple times or they straight up took it out. Hard to tell when harvesters in RA2 unload so quickly.
    Jul 20, 2021
  9. Darth Roxor
    Darth Roxor
    soviets have chrono ivan :smug:
    Jul 20, 2021

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.