Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Taluntain
Reactions
2,056 5,210 7 269 46 78

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I approve of your effort to list all known Poles, it will prove handy in the coming Reconquista of Prussia.
    Do you have the original 1997 trailer for Baldur's Gate? This would've been after the name change BUTT before they had the new assets and gnoll camp cutscenes (not the 1998 trailer). I believe it used a lot of footage from the noninteractive demo (with the spell effects and placeholder voices), so I assume it was released sometime mid-1997.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    This was before YouTube, the original video links on SP were probably to FilePlanet, which has died a long time ago (later on resurrected), but the links were probably removed at some point when they've gone dead and the replacements weren't easily findable. Also probably because the early stuff wasn't really reflective of the final product, so not much point in keeping it.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    Also bear in mind that in general video back then was pretty shitty low quality in most instances. Anyway, long story short, I probably still have it archived on some 20 year old CD backups, but not somewhere where I could quickly find them, sorry.
    A horse of course
    that's ok
    I was born a male, but became a female at the age of 33. I have been body building since I was 15. Why is it not fair for me to compete in female sports?
    tally tootin, i know jcd. unless he actually did something, i think he was realy trying to keep things secure. he's a tech giant, good to keep him around i think.
    I don't suppose you have the original press kit/promo stuff for Demon Stone anywhere? I'm making a short vid on it. I czeched the Sorcerer's Place forums and it seems there was some interaction between SP and Atari/Stormfront when the game was being marketed, butt there doesn't seem to be any concept art or anything in the Demon Stone section of the main site.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    I looked and there was next to nothing in terms of press/promo stuff; at least I don't have anything useful. Apart from a few low-res screenshots and logos there's nothing else.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    A horse of course
    Yeah I saw you asking for questions in the forums, was wondering what happened with it. Not really a surprise though. Thanks for having a look all the same.
    A horse of course
    oh and thanks for putting your big dumb fukkin logo on all the screenshots u WANKER
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    The logo's there because at the time when we put them up, a lot of competing websites copied whatever we put online and posted it as their own and I got tired of that. When I get around to redoing our galleries I'll probably post clean versions. The HoW concept art is here: https://sorcerers.net/Main/Articles/HoW/index2.php , I don't think we have the original IWD concept art up currently, though.
    What did you eat for lunch today?
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    Kinda-fast food from a local burger joint. Delivered in about an hour so not really fast and not really that unhealthy either since all the ingredients are fresh and local.
    I lurk Sorcerer's Place from time to time as a guest, and it is so tiny!
    New posts are usually 80% PRGWatch news. Has it always been a small cozy forum, or do you have trouble with recruitment recently?
    NJClaw
    NJClaw
    Wait, is he the sorcerers guy? That's cool. That forum gets its priorities straight, they even have a BG3 subforum (and 0 JRPG ones). Sir Rechet has to be my favorite user.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    As far as fansites go, 840k forum posts isn't really small. The forums used to be much more active 10+ years ago, but the popularity of the games we cover has waned over the years, plus there's the fact that there are dozens of other communities and wikis covering the same games now so there are far fewer new people registering in consequence.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    SP is primarily a download and online content resource and most of our traffic remains there. There's still a lot of forum traffic too, but it's via google and search for existing content and if people find the answers that way already they don't need to register and post either. Anyway, lots of contributing factors so kind of a long story...
    May I ask what the history between Sorcerer's Place and the rpgcodex is?
    Clicked that little hosted by Sorcerer's Place thingy for the first time today.
    Taluntain
    Taluntain
    Just a single 500GB SSD for production at this point. We aren't storing huge amounts of data locally.
    fantadomat
    fantadomat
    lol that is like a sixth of my storage space :). Tho it does make sense,most of the data is like txts and doesn't need much space.
    rusty_shackleford
    rusty_shackleford
    "RPG Codex is a fan site for single-player PC RPGs. There’s no coverage at all of any MMORPGs or console RPGs on the site." heh
    Andrew Lloyd Webber is a gifted musical writer. People shouldn't shit on him unless they can do better!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom