Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

GhostCow
GhostCow
I upgraded last year from similar specs to what you have now. You don't know what you're missing out on by being a hipster faggot
Morenatsu.
Morenatsu.
So, how many good games did that let you play? Can you name even a single one?
GhostCow
GhostCow
Shin Megami Tensei V. My old computer never could have emulated that at over 100fps like my current one. The old 4770k/980 combo would have choked. Maybe it could have done 30 with massive stuttering at best. It also had way worse load times in Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children despite having an SSD. Sword and Fairy 7 with ray tracing is nice too.
Rean
Rean
Cold Steel IV at 4K
Morenatsu.
Morenatsu.
Wow, Switch emulation, how exciting. Load times, how unacceptable, my god, 30 FPS is unplayable. Gay tracing!!

So basically, there are no games. I like anime, but any game from recent years is low priority even if it is for weebs. It's just bland and boring.
GhostCow
GhostCow
I've been big into the emulation scene since the days of Zophar.net and NESticle. That's always been something that pushed me to upgrade my CPU and ray tracing is amazing. Totally worth it to me but to each their own. You would certainly find 30fps painful if you were used 240hz. I don't even like using Windows on my HTPC because it's hooked up to a 30hz television.
Morenatsu.
Morenatsu.
Each their own my ass, my opinion is objectively true because I am a genius unlike you
GhostCow
GhostCow
I'm literally a Mensa member but ok bro
Morenatsu.
Morenatsu.
orly
Rean
Rean
I'm poor and dumb

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom