Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > Come for the games, stay because we have compromising material of you

smaug
smaug
I translated this conversation to English and it was very strange. Have fun in your carcasses!
fantadomat
fantadomat
все още робска мърша
whydoibother
whydoibother
Русороб, московски еничар, гордеещ се с веригите си, бегай от тука. Не знам каква свиня ти се е изсрала в главата, но не искам да ми мирише.
fantadomat
fantadomat
треа си 4истка на такива либерални предатели кат тебе,дет само лижат говната на западняците и плюят после тука. Вие и за мърша не ставате бре.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Interesting poem that. I am also surprised at use of "туткун" and "Яман ни е нам хала!"
whydoibother
whydoibother
Using turkish words to denote uncultured peasants. Of course every suit wearing french speaking intellectual of the day wouldn't use such language. Aleko Konstantinov also does this for his character Bay Ganyo.
Humbaba
Humbaba
That's odd, I though Turkish would be the language of the elite, not peasants. Is this a racism thing?
whydoibother
whydoibother
"The elite" at the time went to university in Paris, Vienna, Leipzig. They spoke German and French, and added especially French words to their Bulgarian speech, not Turkish. Turkish was a poor man's language, I think even in Turkey.
Humbaba
Humbaba
I see. Does Bulgarian also have many Turkish words like s*rbo-croatian?
whydoibother
whydoibother
Definitely yes. Pazar, chorap, gurbet, perde, tava, yaka, garga, yurgan, etc. A lot of food, clothes, furniture words. Poor people words. Similar to how most germanic words in english are poor people words, while the rich man's words are latin, from french.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Ottoman elite had their own schools so foreign language never quite replaced Turkish as the language. In fact even French loanwords were rare despite French language being common among elite until republic period deliberately chose French words. Bulgarian elite went to Robert college in Istanbul which was an American protestant university.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
I don't think the English comparison with Germanic and French word comparison quite holds true for Turkish words in Bulgarian, since Bulgarians never spoke Turkish and elite language of Ottomans was just Turkish too. I assume loanwords mostly existed because Turks lived there as well, and Turks who lived in Bulgaria were mostly peasants themselves.
Humbaba
Humbaba
I've only ever met one Bulgar-Turkish girl and she looked white and aryan so I assumed Turks were exclusively the elite over there
fantadomat
fantadomat
LoL plebs talking about elites buahahahahaha ,a godgy berry farmer,a greek kebab and some weirdo buahahahahahaha lol. Мършо стига се праи на интелектуалец.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Failed at basic cognition again fanta? If someone is talking about influence of class division on language, they have to mention elites and language they used. It's called a context, something you are not very capable of.
fantadomat
fantadomat
lol the butthurt

there is kebab words in bulgar language because muh 500 years,it is pretty obvious lol,you have to be a pretentious retard to even go on and argue why. People that try and talk in different language than the norm are pretentious idiots that want to be seen as smarter than they are....as they call them this days....midwits. Such idiots exist since the day humans came to be.
fantadomat
fantadomat
Thinking that using certain words make you in some way intelligent is just show of ignorance. Also french was pretty dominant in many of the balkan nations back then,same as with kebabland,it is basic knowledge lol.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
You are the one who got butthurt about the word "elite" and started to babble about "intelligence", nobody mentioned anything about intelligence or using different words making them smarter.
whydoibother
whydoibother
Once more, confirmation that people who frequently use the word "midwit" are low IQ retards looking for validation.
Humbaba
Humbaba
Be nice fanta!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom