Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Preparing for the future, Ninjerk?))
thesheeep
thesheeep
I tried playing most of these games, but quite frankly my Chinese was nowhere near good enough to get anywhere in them.
I was just nonstop looking at a translator because almost none of the words in these games belong to those you'd learn in the first 4 HSK levels.

At best, I was able to play something like Peppa Pig in Chinese.
thesheeep
thesheeep
Which, as you can probably imagine, is not the most motivating thing that'd keep my attention for long :lol:
So, unless you are already at a level of something like HSK3-4, I don't think you'll derive any enjoyment out of more complex (text-wise) games in Chinese.
thesheeep
thesheeep
At the moment I also stopped learning Chinese.
The current political situation makes it pretty much impossible that I'll make any use of it in the next 10 or so years, plus I'm focused on learning Finnish right now and two difficult languages at once is too much for my old pea brain.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
How many languages (+/- which) do you know reasonably well atm, thesheeep?
A horse of course
wut abutt prince of qin

i mite do a video wun day
Ninjerk
Ninjerk
Heroic Liberator I want to be ready to start a joint US-China business venture in liberated Manchuria)

thesheeep I haven't read much about the HSK, but I presume it is more-or-less pointed towards being able to live and work in China and thus there's probably a good deal of flowery, literary, archaic, or otherwise superfluous vocabulary. I'm okay with that.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Instead you'll get working under Han supervision in China's Northwestern Protectorate of Russia))
Ninjerk
Ninjerk
Pls give raise Supervisor Zhao, I fix all Slava's work :negative:
thesheeep
thesheeep
Heroic Liberator I'm fluent in "only" German (mother tongue) and English (duh).
In Chinese I'm probably at HSK1 (HSK goes up to 6) only - I know some words and could probably read a book for small kids or something, but conversations? Nah, miles away from that. And currently shelved as I said.
thesheeep
thesheeep

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom