Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
AlphaYellow
Reactions
53 251 15 3 8

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Takes me back to the mid 2000s when this anti-piracy ad used to play before movies on DVD. Comparing downloading movies to stealing cars... I'd love to know what kinda weed they were smoking back then

One of most intense levels I've ever played in any game... I don't even know how it's supposed to be played outside of a coop mode or smth

CoD Zombies never gets old... My fav maps are Nacht der Untoten, Kino der Toten, Verruckt, Der Riese, Five, TranZit and Shadows of Evil.

StackOverflow is literally the worst nightmare for beginner coders... Don't ask questions on that shit site full of power tripping and gatekeeping people who close perfectly valid questions... Fortunately I'm not a beginner coder at all so it's cool I don't have to use it much
    Cat Headed Eagle
    Cat Headed Eagle
    for them to give you an answer, you have to prove you at least tried. If you did and you still got shit thrown at you, then you should have invested more points in CHA.
    Hobo Elf
    Hobo Elf
    Hello sir.
    AlphaYellow
    AlphaYellow
    Even if you show you tried before posting a question, they'll still downvote you to hell.. elitism going on there.
    Obviously AIs like ChatGPT and DALL-E 2 bring up serious issues about copyright, since creations done by computer programs are not protected by any copyright under copyright law, only human creations receive those protections. So who really should own the rights of those creations? It's an interesting discussion to be had.
    Some crazy experiment I'm doing with ChatGPT, I'm asking it to simulate as if he was a famous person and I'll make him questions and he has to answer those as the said person most probably would, very very interesting so far
    Anyone remembers when PC games used EAX and A3D to improve the sound experience, requiring a proprietary sound card for audio hardware acceleration on Windows 98/ME/XP? Those days are long gone but still miss those.
    Hey guys, you prefer to play old games (mid to late 90s/early 2000s) in their intended resolutions or push it as high as possible (either ingame, config files or unofficial mods)? I always prefer to play any game no matter how old it is always in the highest res possible (in my case 1080p)
    AlphaYellow
    AlphaYellow
    My yt channel proves otherwise, more than 130 old games in 1080p :) For archiving old games on yt and other platforms, higher resolutions are better. But yeah, 480i and 576i along with the CRT look tended to hide a lot of the old graphics' roughness on consoles
    Stavrophore
    Stavrophore
    I prefer to play at the resolution at which UI is still manageable to see.
    AlphaYellow
    AlphaYellow
    Yeah, many old engines don't scale their UI, that part sucks.
    So this ss was taken in mid 2013, was one of the servers I used to own, was in a squad meeting (nick was BlackOps), was probably busy checking reports and handling forums haha, good times

AMWts8Ck8OLbOboftzz-I3_BGES05TOl2YTfTltF6msYfw68Os7HHWumY0mOH0YLQIQpk4q11sa0zvAe-0sXGEZZPr0sLg64vKAkXC3BLGRpU9xNzbUOUnH04NwvAFocOtS3uFJuTxQRnc35D_PqO6yTW9EYbw=w1366-h768-no
    Only the OGs remember these games on the PS1, literally MoH and Trespasser from 1998 saved DreamWorks Interactive from bankruptcy, when EA acquired them in mid 2000 they were basically their savior. But ofc turned out to be another failed acquisition from EA, they never really did another amazing MoH game, Airborne and Frontline were above average but still didn't blow me away

What online games did you play back in 2009? I played CS 1.6, Metin2, LoL, SA : MP, MTA:SA, COD 4, MW2 and WaW.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom