Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Moonspeak 東京ゲームショウ / Tokyo Game Show 2014

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Abu Antar, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Martius Liturgist

Martius

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I want this so much.

^ Top  
  3. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]
    ...alrighty then...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Japan Game Awards 2014 results are in:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. Sul Savant

Sul

Looks better than FFXIII, far less pretentious at least. The gameplay seems like an improved version of Kingdom Hearts and the whole "buddies going on an adventure" feels nostalgic. I was expecting worse coming from Nomura.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

:smug: Senpai noticed Shimakaze's Pantsu finally.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    Improved? It looks even more 'Cinematographic and Stylish' than KH2. Less about mechanics and more about creating a playable version of Advent Children.

I hope to be wrong on this, though.

^ Top  
  8. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Why? He's traditional director of Kingdoms Hearts. In fact he might left the directing to start directing yet another Kindoms Hearts.

^ Top  
  9. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Kingdom Hearts is good now? I mean outside the minds of teenage girls and effeminate boys?

^ Top  
  10. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    I Wonder, Rhetorically #325: if Japan has declined, according to the media and message boards, and western AAA is so much better, why is it that TGS is often the most interesting game show? Is it just me? Do I have some kind of weaboo bias? I mean if they revealed Deus Ex 4 and it looked like it was going to outdo the original classic (heh, yeah right), that would surely blow every Jap game at the show away, in my eyes.

#JapanersAreOver

^ Top  
  11. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    no news about Persona 5?

^ Top  
  12. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    It's about office ladies.

^ Top  
  13. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :hero::thumbsup::kwafuckyeah::d1p:

^ Top  
  14. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    The last few Tokyo Game Shows have been sad affairs. Most of the things we saw this year was already announced before. Still, I am interested in a lot of upcoming Japanese games.

^ Top  
  15. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    I absolutely despise FF13 - everything about it. Except for its graphics. They were beautiful. I don't know how hard their CGI slaves labor away for 16 hours a day but the results speak for themselves.
    15 looks even more beautiful. The composition of the shots, the colors, the light and shadow. I am almost tempted to forget how terrible Squeenix has become.

Just kidding, they're still terrible and the game will blow. But damn it if won't be pretty.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Atlus should have presentation this weekend but so far only listed title is EO2 remake. Lets hope we will see some surprise, everyone hopes for Persona but Break Record would be nice too.

^ Top  
  17. gaudaost Arcane

gaudaost
    Both the music and the graphics look absolutely fantastic, and I agree, it isn't likely to be a very good game. This really got my hopes up though, reading on the wikipedia page of the game
    Free travel and actually having kingdoms and villages was completely cut in FF13, (FF10 had villages, kind of, but no free roaming until the end, and even then it was meh), and it suffered badly because of it. It seems like they are taking at least some thing that made the previous FF-games great back to this game. Driving the car looks cool as fuck too.

^ Top  
  18. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    FFX-2 had posibility to travel everywhere from the beginning. But for best story you should repeat Yuna travel from FFX in chapter 1, and then go opposite way in chapter ???

^ Top  
  19. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
  20. Raghar Arcane

Raghar

So does it means no news about P5?

^ Top  
  21. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Yup, nothing new. I doubt we will hear much since Dancing is delayed to next year too. On the other hand Devil Survivor 2 remake will be released next january in Japan.

^ Top  
  22. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    An probably released in 2018 digitally for the New 3DS in Europe. :negative:

^ Top  
  23. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    >everyone waiting for P5 news/videos
    >P4 DANSU PAATI

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    I don't know if it's nice or bad. Dungeons would probably be P4 style, and it would be about Japanese highschoolers/college who are doing part time jobs in office being forced into work by Japanese society.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.