Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1.46 up with saves fixed

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
doh. Very odd bug, but fixed.

www.zero-sum.com

the 1.46 will work with 1.35,1.4,1.41,and 1.45.

cheers,
-mat

ikarius

Novice
Another bug... and a suggestion

So, I have version 1.46 installed, and I can save. I am unfortunately running into a different bug. :( Playing with things a bit more, and now it seems that journal entries do not stick around. They stay for a little while, but are commonly wiped the next time a journal entry is written. I'm through most of the first day in Kellen, and the agent I went to meet went and got murdered. If I load my save, I have 2 journal entries- one about the little girls parents arguing, and one about the sister telling me the girl is probably suffering from shock. If I wander over to the tavern and speak to the hunter, both those journal entries go away, and his journal entry is the only one left...

I also have a suggestion- any chance of giving us a key to set a "home" camera positoin, and another key to return the camera to that position? It can be disorienting every time I go through town having the camera rotated differently, and a hassle to every time I leave a house rotate the camera around until north is at the top... I think this would make navigating much easier. I really like the way locations get makrked on the map and we can select a destination and get an indicator on the compass- that works great!

Looking really good so far, I'm excited to get deeper into this- but I think I need the journal working first :P

--Ikarius

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I like the camera key idea, I think I could do that easily enough.

On the journal --
I haven't changed any journal code in quite a while (sadly <grin>), the page forward and back "buttons" aren't readily apparent (they're in the upper right and left corners of the pages respectively. There are situations where progressing in a quest will remove the old entries, but that usually occurs once you complete the quest.

I'll check it out to see if somehow I did manage to muck it up.

cheers,
-mat

ikarius

Novice
Yeah, I expressly looked for page forward and back buttons- I could not find any. Some keys (perhaps left arrow and right arrow) for navigating the pages instead of having to click would be a good thing, as well. I'll try and check tonight to see if I missed the arrows, but I looked hard for some arrows, and could not find any clickable controls in the journal other than the "close" button.

--Ikarius

kratimus

Novice
No keys per se - just hover over the upper right and left corners -

I agree the cursor keys would be good for that too, and also for the zoom and rotate feature

Thanks, zero-sum, for the game!

kratimus

ikarius

Novice
Hrmm, the numeric keypad works for zoom and rotate- check the controls list in the help. Not the standalone cursor keys, but the numeric keypad.

When you say "hover over" the top left and right corners of the journal pages, do you mean to say that there's no buttons, or visual cue that you can turn the pages? If that's the case, then that is silly. You should always be able to look and see whether you can go forward or back in your journal.

--Ikarius

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
yes it is silly, I keep meaning to upgrade the button graphics to reflect that you can turn the pages. Grrrr.... I'll put it on my list again.

-mat

Joey

Novice
1.46 is unlayable for me. The game freezes after about a minute of playing. It wouldnt be so bad if I could alt-tab out but I have to restart my computer. 1.41 is pretty stable for me besides trying to buy armor, so I'll probably stick with it unless a more stable patch is released.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
very odd, I haven't seen anything like this on my end. I am going to be banging it some more tonight and I'll investigate.
blarg,
-mat

Jed

Cipher
I just installed .46, and while everything seems to work right, I got this message in the text box on the patch installer: "Textures/caveterrain.zip: cannot remove, denied access".
Is this a big deal?

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
1.46 was broken due to an error with quick and autosaves causing a lockup.

The failed to remove message is because the file got installed as read-only and is not a big deal.

-mat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom