Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News 10 Essential Dragon Age II Mods

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p><a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156387p1.html" target="_blank">IGN compiled a list of ten essential mods</a> to enhance your <strong>Dragon Age II</strong> experience. Entries go from being able to better tweak Hawke's face to switching out dog for an arachnomabari spider-dog. It's all about roleplaying.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>HIGHLIGHT TOGGLE </strong></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>It's a wonder why BioWare didn't make this an option in the first place. This simple yet hugely helpful mod simply turns Highlight Objects into a toggle, meaning that you'll no longer have to run around everywhere with your pinky finger straining to hold down Tab all the time. It also adds a handy Autorun button as well for those long-distance travellers.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Which is about the only one which sounds somewhat useful.</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/102057-ten-essential-dragon-age-ii-mods.html">GB</a></p>

circ

Arcane
It's been out for two weeks without a patch to fix the gamebreaking bugs even, and already they're compiling mod lists? O shit, marketing overload.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I doubt any amount of mods could make me want to play DA2.

ortucis

Prophet
You know your game sucks, when people are releasing mods without any official mod support just to fix the damn thing.

So... they put in an "easy button" to make everything in the environment light up so it's easy to find without effort, and people wanted a mod to make it so they don't even need to hit the "easy button" anymore. Oh, their poor dainty fingers.

Wow... Why not just have the game give you the loot when you walk in the room and save on all that looking around?

Lazy ass newgen gamers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, i was gonna say that. the game (as every BIo game since what? TOTSC?) has a highlight option.. Why do you need this? LMAO

Gord

Arcane
Volourn said:
Yeah, i was gonna say that. the game (as every BIo game since what? TOTSC?) has a highlight option.. Why do you need this? LMAO

A highlight option? Maybe because it was fucking annoying in IE engine games to scan the whole screen with your mouse pointer to find some small 2x2 pixel drawer hidden behind some furniture.

Or do you mean the always-on option? No idea then, seems even more annoying to me.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh, no Bethany sex mod? I expected that and full nudity to be first out of the gate.

Seolas

Liturgist
Someone needs to do a massive re-doing of the sidequest areas that repeat over and over until you know where every bloody pebble is placed.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Everyone know I like the game but some things that mods/BIo themselves should fix:

1. Middle of battle spawnings.. Sorry, dudes, but spiders clinmbing down from the SKY is not kewl. Just sayin'.

2. A way to keep your warden sibling in party or at elat get them back by end of ch2. Afterall, after their initial trianing and whatnot, what use is it to keep them with the other wardens since their is no imminent darkspawn threat and since that particualr warden group ended up in the city anyways... that would have been the perfect time for you to have a chance to convince sibling to rejoin you and get the other warden to back off.

3. fix the worst bug in the game: the not attacking thanks to vanishing assassins while your characetr herps derps his way. R00fles!

4. bring back the non combat skills like survival and combat tatics 9the one that gives you small in combat bonuses).

5. The ability for all classes to use all weapon styles.

R00fles!

Antihero

Liturgist
Black said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
HIGHLIGHT TOGGLE
Deus Ex 3 target audience. Right there.

*shrug* Even The Witcher had a working toggle option in the menu for floating name text. Same effect as holding down the tab button yourself, only if it's like DA:O you'll need to periodically retoggle it even then on things like map changes etc. Probably just some AutoHotkey script.

Assuming people want it for the floating names and not for the shiny. Are there really any secret doors, containers, or items in DA that aren't shoved in your face or easy to find anyway?

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
The Gentleman Loser said:
So... they put in an "easy button" to make everything in the environment light up so it's easy to find without effort, and people wanted a mod to make it so they don't even need to hit the "easy button" anymore. Oh, their poor dainty fingers.

Wow... Why not just have the game give you the loot when you walk in the room and save on all that looking around?

Lazy ass newgen gamers.

Your idea of good design is having to float the mouse pointer over every spot in every room? Since some items in DA2 are invisible or completely indistinguishable from the scenery there really is no other way of doing this.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I want this."

Join the club my fellow pervert. :smug:

"Since some items in DA2 are invisible or completely indistinguishable from the scenery there really is no other way of doing this."

Only if you are blind. :)

Antihero

Liturgist
Dr.Faust said:
The Gentleman Loser said:

Lazy ass newgen gamers.

Your idea of good design is having to float the mouse pointer over every spot in every room? Since some items in DA2 are invisible or completely indistinguishable from the scenery there really is no other way of doing this.

There's still something to be said for rewarding those who search for secrets. But not if it's just because of bad art design. Come to think of it, I don't recall how visible the phylacteries in DA:O were, or if they were selectable through other items they were on, although I don't recall having had trouble finding them.

As long as it isn't meant to be hidden or hard to find, I don't see a problem with a text or healthbar toggle at least. You just have to be careful about how far away you can see it, or else it becomes something of an exploit like spotting enemies easier at night.

Then again, it's not like every container has to have loot in it. The highlight should just be a way of telling you that you can interact with this particular item, instead of it being a pixel smudge or static object like 99% of the other scenery.

ortucis

Prophet
I have been using item highlight since the days of PS:T and Baldurs Gate so it really doesn't bother me as long as it's toggleable.

I don't intend to waste time waving mouse over everything like a retard just cause the textures of a clickable crate happen to match the texture of unclickable crate (or something like that). If I want to play a adventure game, I play a adventure game, I don't need adventure simulation inside a fraking RPG.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
FFS Clickable chests in DA2 are highlighted with glowing lights (like anything lootable). FFS

waywardOne

Arcane
not even 6 months and we're already up to 10 "essential" mods? surely this is a better game than oblivion; that one needs at least 11 mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom