Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info 3059 ranges out to v3.6

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: 3059

The sci-fi graphical rogue-like <a href="http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~jvight/mirror/3059/">3059</a> has been updated to <A href="http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/%7Ejvight/mirror/3059/download.html">version 3.6</a>. Of course, the graphics aren't that nifty, but they're not ASCII for those who are scared off by letters representing things. Anyway, here's the updated log:
<br>
<ul><li>Fixed a bug that caused some items to say they were questing items when they really weren't
<br>
<li>Generally reduced items' skill-boosting amounts
<br>
<li>Added a 'Drop All' option in your inventory so you can organize your items
<br>
<li>Normalized the healing ETUs; now they all last about the same time per application
<br>
<li>Now all ETUs have better range
<br>
<li>Pistol/cannon/rifle/laser weapons have much better range, so now you can shoot enemies from a distance -- however, shooting slows down your movement speed, and ranged weapons generally do less damage than melee weapons
<br>
<li>Terrain destruction is now fixed at 8% health penalty for failed attempts
<br>
<li>Other minor balancing adjustments (e.g. item prices)</ul>
<br>
So, the whole concept of quest item versus normal item. Remember the good old days when you couldn't tell the difference between the two? And it wasn't much of a problem?
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>EvilSupahFly</b>!
<br>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
3059ss2.gif

I think I'd rather have ASCII.

Spazmo

Erudite
I'm all for skill based character systems, but how on Earth do you find a use for separate computer engineering, hacking and programming skills in an RPG?

spacemoose

Erudite
In the amazing year 3059 if you're not a hacker or computer engineer or a programmer, you are nothing.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord said:
I think I'd rather have ASCII.
Well, sure. The nice thing with the tiled graphics they already have is that I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to add better graphics at some later point.

Heirophant

Novice
I tried this game several versions back and was not impressed. However, I downloaded this version on a whim and soon found myself engrossed in it. So far as I know, this is the first real-time roguelike, an aspect which definitely takes some getting used to. I recommend you at least try this if you're into rogulikes

Quigs

Magister
What happened to the Inner Sphere?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom