Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter launches on September 29th, Shadowrun: Hong Kong mini-campaign in early 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun: Hong Kong; Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Shadows of Hong Kong

We already knew from PAX Prime that the Kickstarter for Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech was going to launch at the end of this month. This Thursday, their official BattleTech site was updated with an exact date and time - September 29, 10:00 AM PDT.

599efc8bc87e4d5aab6df58489c49fb0_original.png

Harebrained also published a Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter update today, the first since the game was released a month ago. Remember that sequel mini-campaign? Looks like that's going to take a little longer than originally planned:

Shadows of Hong Kong Mini-Campaign

The Shadowrun writing, design, and art teams are moving full speed ahead on the upcoming Shadowrun: Hong Kong mini-campaign. Set in the weeks following the events of SR:HK, the mini-campaign will give you - and your team - the opportunity to turn the tables on the corrupt cops who once hunted you. Through layers of corporate greed and urban strife, you will contend with powerful enemies, uncover a deadly conspiracy, and cement your reputation as a Prime Runner... assuming that you survive, of course. The SR:HK mini-campaign is due to launch early in 2016, and will be free to all Kickstarter backers at the $15 level and up.
Dragonfall was originally supposed to be a mere DLC for Shadowrun Returns too, but after getting delayed, it ended up overshadowing its base game. I don't think this mini-campaign will do that to the same degree, but maybe there's something cool to look forward to here.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
Hmm, well. There is not much I would like more than a remake of MW II: Mercenaries or the original Mechwarrior OR Crescent Hawk's revenge which is what this sounds more like.

But I really hate everything about shadowrun crap and I can't imagine the people who made that doing it justice. Hopefully I am wrong, but I am not sure anyone around today could recapture that pre-90s gaming awesomeness.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am most curious about the graphical style now that I know it is going to be 3D.

Weasel
And maybe a move to UE4 from Unity... ha, as if.

Yes, I'd wondered what the implications of them saying it was a "new code base" were, although expecting them to stay with Unity, but this job ad confirms it:

TECHNICAL ART DIRECTOR, BATTLETECH
Harebrained Schemes seeks a versatile Technical Art Director to lead our art production team in bringing the BattleTech universe to life in Unity 5. The ideal candidate has shipped multiple Unity-based titles as a Technical Art Lead, has a proven history of cross-discipline collaboration across art, engineering and design, and a firm grasp of both character and environment art production pipelines. If this sounds like you, please review the job description below and get in touch. Help us make an amazing BattleTech game!

This is a full-time, on-site position at Harebrained Schemes’ offices in Kirkland, Washington.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
That King Crab looks really imposing there unlike in MWO. He feels small there. Damn I really love Bsttletech, I hope they pull it off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom